2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know International Gateway entrance is open before 8am. We had early breakfast (8am) at Akershus and they had people there that checked your name for reservations and let you through. So I feel like they would have (or could get) your reservation # and get you through.... There were then CM's stationed around WS to guide you. Hope this helps.

Anyone have with actual segway/tour experience?

Hi,

I have taken that tour and know that it meets at guest relations in the front of the park. They walk you to a training space indoors before you take the actual tour. I do not believe they will allow you to walk through the park to the front. I have heard that you can request for cab service and the Y/BC will give a voucher for this... but I have never done that. I would call the number for tours and just check with them explaining you are staying at the Y/BC. I was not staying at Y/BC when I took the tour.

It's a great tour though lots of fun to be riding around the countries with no one there!! Have fun!!

~Nannette

Hey everyone- thanks for the well wishes! We are looking forward to the trip. The morning wakeup, not so much. Car Service is arriving at 4:45. :scared1:

Reminds me of when Magical Express picked us up from AKL at 4am in May. Yikes! We just tried to look at it as part of the vacation adventure!

We'll really look forward to hearing your reports, especially the MK surprise (bet Nate will smile for those photos!) and Harry Potter (our boys are anxiously awaiting the movie release on Friday - can't believe your timing!)

Keep us posted regarding Peanut, and let me know if you need any help with posts/photos.

Have a great trip!! :)

Dee- Have a wonderful trip
Teena- Can't wait to see photos!

I have yet another question about CL...
What kind of toiletries are in YC CL rooms. I have read that they have robes(which I now is true), triple sheeted bed(is this true?) and they have extra toiletries...I thought I have seen toothbrushes(Dental Kits?) in some recent pictures of other resorts but I thought they didn't give those anymore...or are they part of DVC room toiletries? I have seen pictures of DVC CL rooms at AKL and WL.

I didn't really zoom in on the toiletries, but it looks like we received 2 toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner and soap upon arrival. Mousekeeping left lots and lots more during the week. I think you can either leave a note or call mousekeeping if you have specific requests for any or additional items.

IMG_0152.jpg

Does anyone know the SAB hours? We're trying to finalize out August plans and I want lots of pool time, especially at night.

Can someone who is going to the resort soon check with the lifeguards to see if there is a set opening time? Is it 8 am year round? Or does it vary month to month?

From the FAQ on the first page:

Can you tell me the hours for Stormalong Bay pool?

I'm sorry! I can't!

I don't know what time SAB opens or if it changes at different times throughout the year. The closing time at night definitely varies throughout the year and is based on things like crowd level, weather, etc. The front desk may have one closing time that they give to guests, but the lifeguards may keep the pool open longer if conditions warrant it.

Sorry it is so hard to answer this question! I don't think the resort posts the time on the activities sheet you get when you check in because the times are subject to change.

The best thing to do is ask the lifeguards when you are there.

Well, my ticker is going to change really soon. I had a choice--2 trips in the next 10 months to Disney or one to the Beach Club.

I'm going to do the two trips. One to Pop Century. One to POFQ.

In 2013, we'll all stay at the BC, so I'll stick around, but for now, I won't be there for at least 2 years.

Amanda, I am sad :sad1: AND happy :) for you!

Attention Dee!!

It's not too late!!

Step away from all the distractions and start your packing now!! You still have a couple of hours until you leave and 1 pair of undies is just not enough for a trip to Florida in June!!

Don't answer the phone!
Don't check your email (especially the email!! :scared1:)
and stay off the computer!!!

Move closer to the suitcase... that's a girl, closer, Closer, CLOSER!!! You can do it!

No! That plant DOES NOT need watering! Get back to the suitcase!!!

Got the ChargerCordsSunglassesPoolGooglesCameraMemoryCardsWaterShoesPrescriptionMedsToothbrushesExtraShoesMoleskinHatsTeddyBearBatteriesCellphones?

Also don't forget to call your credit card company and place a travel alert on the credit cards you will be using down in Florida.

Remember to remove all those supermarket discount cards that are hogging up space in your wallet. You're not gonna need those.

Did you turn off the water hoses to the washer? They are the #1 cause of flooding in a home. When they go, they go big time.

That's enough for now... Stay in that suitcase and keep packing and you'll think of the rest.

Have a great trip!

~Joanie

From the FAQ:

What is that awesome smell at the Beach Club? Where can I purchase the bath products used at the Yacht Club?
I've never slept better in my life- can I buy the mattress?

Yes!!!

Want to feel like you are living at the Yacht or Beach Club all year long??? You can purchase the body products provided for use during your stay, you can buy the same type of mattress that encourages restful vacation sleep and you can even purchase the scent system used in the lobbies so that your house can smell like your "Home away from home":

Check out the Disney Resort Collection for bedding and bath products (h2oProducts, Aquatics line)
www.disneyresortcollection.com

The scent generator may be purchased at www.scentairhome.com
The scent used is green clover and aloe

Unfortunately, I don't think the smell generator is exactly "cheap"

I believe there was at one time a Bed Bath & Beyond product that replicated the smell, but IIRC, the product was recently discontinued. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

During our first stay at BC (Sept. 2010), I fell in love with the pillows and tried to find the same product in a local store. The Disney Resort Collection website says that they are by Wamsutta and are "Magic Gel". I found these in my local Macy's and they were not the same pillows that I slept so magically on at the BC. :sad2: So I did a little searching on the DIS and found out that the pillows are called Beyond Down by Carpenter. One of the few places that I could find that carries them is Belk Dept. Stores in the Southeast, (I am originally from NC and there is a Belk where my Mom lives now, so I put them on our Christmas list) and my Mom gave us two for Christmas!! :santa:

When the kids and I went to visit Mom in NC last month, I popped into Belk and found them on sale---50% off :banana: , so I now have 2 more! They are really great pillows! :thumbsup2

Cindydare

Hi everyone! 41 days to go till WDW:goodvibes But leave for Florida in 3 weeks, starting to think about packing stuff I won't be needing here.

Does BC have the full size hair dryers in the rooms? Looking at the recent pic just posted, all I see is the wall one. The other deluxe we've stayed at- Poly, WL & AKL I'm sure I remember the other hairdryer type.

Attention Dee!!

It's not too late!!

Step away from all the distractions and start your packing now!! You still have a couple of hours until you leave and 1 pair of undies is just not enough for a trip to Florida in June!!

I'll pass along the info about the undies to my son. He sees nothing wrong with 1 pair for week.

Don't answer the phone!
Don't check your email (especially the email!! :scared1:)
and stay off the computer!!!

Obviously, not listening to this one...

Move closer to the suitcase... that's a girl, closer, Closer, CLOSER!!! You can do it!

No! That plant DOES NOT need watering! Get back to the suitcase!!!

Almost fully packed

Got the ChargerCordsSunglassesPoolGooglesCameraMemoryCardsWaterShoesPrescriptionMedsToothbrushesExtraShoesMoleskinHatsTeddyBearBatteriesCellphones?

checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckchecktomorrowcheckcheck(yes, I know what moleskin is and what it is for and I have Glide, too)will remindBencheckcheck.

Also don't forget to call your credit card company and place a travel alert on the credit cards you will be using down in Florida.

Check

Remember to remove all those supermarket discount cards that are hogging up space in your wallet. You're not gonna need those.

Check

Did you turn off the water hoses to the washer? They are the #1 cause of flooding in a home. When they go, they go big time.

Asked hubby- he said this is why we have stainless steel something or other on the washer hoses. But he says I should worry about the water heater. Great!!!!

Pixarmom- trust his instincts or kill the water? Any suggestion here?

That's enough for now... Stay in that suitcase and keep packing and you'll think of the rest.

Have a great trip!

~Joanie

Thanks!

You forgot "Enjoy Airborne cocktail"- an immune system boosting pre-trip ritual

LOL "Pixarmom- trust his instincts or kill the water? Any suggestion here?"

We turned off the H20 for the whole house and it took a lot off of our mind, especially since the water heater downloaded on the rec room carpet during our 2007 trip.

~MM
PS we have those stainless steel washer hoses too and the manufacturer recommends turning them off each time you are done using the washer! Can you imagine!!

Has anyone here stayed in a room with a shared balcony? Comments? Pictures???

We did! As a PP mentioned, the rooms above the entryway of the YC shared a balcony on the 5th floor..... we had one of those rooms and didn't have any issues. The balcony was MASSIVE!!! 3 rooms shared the balcony, each with it's own set of chairs/table. Most of the time, we were the only ones that ever went out there until one night when I went outside to view the fireworks in the distance over MK, a man and his son were out there too. We ended up having a nice chat, but that was the only time we saw anyone out there the 6 days we were there.... Here's a pic of the balcony....

DSC_0063-2.jpg

Well, my ticker is going to change really soon. I had a choice--2 trips in the next 10 months to Disney or one to the Beach Club.

I'm going to do the two trips. One to Pop Century. One to POFQ.

In 2013, we'll all stay at the BC, so I'll stick around, but for now, I won't be there for at least 2 years.

We are also doing two trips - our frst was this past May at BC!! This next one will likely be CSR in December. Just can't justify spending the $$ on Rack Rate for a resort with such an awesome pool ---- in the winter and not being able to use the said awesome pool!!!

but we will be back at BC next May, and I am sooooo looking forward to it!!

Can someone who is going to the resort soon check with the lifeguards to see if there is a set opening time? Is it 8 am year round? Or does it vary month to month?

From the FAQ on the first page:

Can you tell me the hours for Stormalong Bay pool?

I'm sorry! I can't!

I don't know what time SAB opens or if it changes at different times throughout the year. The closing time at night definitely varies throughout the year and is based on things like crowd level, weather, etc. The front desk may have one closing time that they give to guests, but the lifeguards may keep the pool open longer if conditions warrant it.

Sorry it is so hard to answer this question! I don't think the resort posts the time on the activities sheet you get when you check in because the times are subject to change.

The best thing to do is ask the lifeguards when you are there.

Just got back on the July 7th there is a sign posted at SAB , 10:00am Till 10:00 pm and not one minute before and the quiet pool was 7:00am till 12:00am . I was there for 14 days and they did not flex one little bit .

Also they were checking room keys and wristbands for everyone , I also saw them ask someone to leave the pool area , after explaining that her friend was staying over at the Boardwalk they asked her to leave anyway . The Lifeguards would not flex at all . Sorry I never thought to get a picture of the sign .

natebenma, have a fantastic trip! We'll miss you. :grouphug:

Teena, thinking of you and your family.:cloud9:

I can say for certain that at 8:00 am in June, there was no sign of anyone even getting the pool ready for people to swim. Perhaps during July 4th week or the like it would be different, but when we were there, it was not that way.

The time stamp for this picture digitally was 7:59am on June 10. Note the sign says that Stormalong Bay is closed.

June_10_2011_00002049.jpg

I believe the only shared balconies are where the Port Cochere juts out in a semi-circle on the front of the hotel. All of the rooms that are along that space would open onto a very large balcony. I would think that all of these rooms would be standard view. There are only a handful of these rooms on each floor.

Thanks so much. We have reserved garden view but I'll put in a request for a private balcony just in case!

I'm pretty sure the pool opens at 9 am....

Signed Pruney fingers in Marlton

Does BC have the full size hair dryers in the rooms?

Many pages ago, someone posted a picture of the full-size hair dryer that they had in their room. If you don't get one, ask housekeeping and they will bring one for you.

Have a great trip.

We have an 8:30am Segway tour in Epcot. Can we get there by walking from the BC or do we have to take a bus/taxi since the park doesn't open until 9am? Thanks!

Since you will be meeting in the front of Epcot, my experience with this is that they will not allow you to walk through the park (Dec. 2009 backstage tour for the Christmas displays met at the same place you will be going). Instead, we took a cab from YC to the front of Epcot ($10). We took the cab receipt to the YC concierge desk where they gave us a credit against our room bill for the amount of the cab fare. They do this since they do not have bus service to Epcot's front door.

Heard this was a great backstage tour. We saw some of them riding around when we were there on the Christmas displays tour. Looked like fun. Wish I could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter