2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little concerned after reading that last post about the shared balconies at YC and being able to jump the small railing. I don't know how big of an issue this will be. Can you get a roll-away bed in one of the water view or deluxe rooms to accommodate a group of 5 or are these rooms actually smaller than the rooms with daybeds?

I really don't think there are that many rooms with shared balconies, and I am hoping someone has a picture to help show what they look like. Definitely ask at checkin if your room has a private or shared balcony. If it is a shared balcony, ask nicely for another room. If possible, you will be moved to a room that makes you happy.

Are all of the travelers in your party over age 3? I'm not sure if this answers your question, but if you are a party of 5, you will only be booked in a room that will accomodate 5 people (that is, with a daybed). If you are a party of 4 plus one or more under age 3, then a rollaway bed should fit in the room.

The deluxe room would be bigger than a standard waterview, right? But I think most waterview rooms should fit a rollaway without trouble.

Dee - safe travels!

I will be thinking of you at the MK on the 13th!

Yeah Dee. Have fun but don't go all HP and desert us! :) You are the thread that holds the thread together. (How's that for mulitlple uses of thread!) Once again thanks for all you do and go enjoy!

Dee - safe travels!

I will be thinking of you at the MK on the 13th!

Ditto Dee! Have a wonderful trip and be safe!

Robyn - It won't be long now!!!! I can't believe it's almost here :cool1: Have a safe and uneventful drive down!! See you at the BC ;)

Teena - Can't wait to hear about the newest addition to our BC family :lovestruc Congratulations :thumbsup2 I hope to run into you before the end of our trip :goodvibes (checking out on the 25th :sad1:)

Donna

I really don't think there are that many rooms with shared balconies, and I am hoping someone has a picture to help show what they look like. Definitely ask at checkin if your room has a private or shared balcony. If it is a shared balcony, ask nicely for another room. If possible, you will be moved to a room that makes you happy.

Are all of the travelers in your party over age 3? I'm not sure if this answers your question, but if you are a party of 5, you will only be booked in a room that will accomodate 5 people (that is, with a daybed). If you are a party of 4 plus one or more under age 3, then a rollaway bed should fit in the room.

The deluxe room would be bigger than a standard waterview, right? But I think most waterview rooms should fit a rollaway without trouble.

Yes, everyone in our party is over age 3 so I guess we will stick with the CL SV room. I'm thinking that if this has ever been a problem, Disney would have changed the railing or something else to prevent any incidents.

Time to stop being paranoid. Back to thinking about SAB :goodvibes

Dee, have a wonderful trip!

Teena, we are all waiting for the news. I hope all goes smoothly.

Dee- Have a wonderful trip
Teena- Can't wait to see photos!

I have yet another question about CL...
What kind of toiletries are in YC CL rooms. I have read that they have robes(which I now is true), triple sheeted bed(is this true?) and they have extra toiletries...I thought I have seen toothbrushes(Dental Kits?) in some recent pictures of other resorts but I thought they didn't give those anymore...or are they part of DVC room toiletries? I have seen pictures of DVC CL rooms at AKL and WL.

I believe the only shared balconies are where the Port Cochere juts out in a semi-circle on the front of the hotel. All of the rooms that are along that space would open onto a very large balcony. I would think that all of these rooms would be standard view. There are only a handful of these rooms on each floor.

I forgot to add that LV CL rooms can only be booked for 4 people.

We have an 8:30am Segway tour in Epcot. Can we get there by walking from the BC or do we have to take a bus/taxi since the park doesn't open until 9am?

Thanks!

Dee have a great trip on the vacation that must not be named. I keep thinking I'll get over there one day in September but honestly since this is my first full trip to WDW I"m thinking Harry and Co. will have to get by without me.

Teena have fun with that new little peanut.....you know we're never going to be able to call it anything but peanut at this point.....my 13 year old godson is still refered to as punkin (as in punkinhead)....sad but true...it doesn't seem to bother him though so that's all that matters. Best of luck to your daughter for a quick, safe and painless delivery.

Does anyone know the SAB hours? We're trying to finalize out August plans and I want lots of pool time, especially at night.

OK, folks. Hedwig has almost reached the owlery, so that means I will be away for a few days! :yay:

The place I'm staying only has balconies for 9% of their rooms. I called earlier this week to add the request for a balcony to my reservation. I followed some great advice and only asked for my most important request, but I know enough about math not to be very hopeful I will get one.

I'll probably check in once or twice later today before heading off, so if anyone has any last minute requests to be added to the guest list or noodle list, now is the time to do that!

Everyone have a great week!

For those of you traveling to Orlando in the next week or two- I hope you all have fun, fantastic trips and beautiful weather (fingers especially crossed for this) :cool2:

I'll miss you, but hopefully I will be able to pop in at some point and deliver an exciting baby announcement and pictures from Teena and her new grandpeanut!

Safe travels Dee!! Have a great trip!!

~Nannette

We have an 8:30am Segway tour in Epcot. Can we get there by walking from the BC or do we have to take a bus/taxi since the park doesn't open until 9am?

Thanks!

I know International Gateway entrance is open before 8am. We had early breakfast (8am) at Akershus and they had people there that checked your name for reservations and let you through. So I feel like they would have (or could get) your reservation # and get you through.... There were then CM's stationed around WS to guide you. Hope this helps.

Anyone have with actual segway/tour experience?

Well, my ticker is going to change really soon. I had a choice--2 trips in the next 10 months to Disney or one to the Beach Club.

I'm going to do the two trips. One to Pop Century. One to POFQ.

In 2013, we'll all stay at the BC, so I'll stick around, but for now, I won't be there for at least 2 years.

I'd take the two trips anyday!!! We did that in Aug08 and March 09. Was awesome knowing that we would be back so soon to do anything we didn't have time to do the first time around.

Looking forward to meeting you!

I cannot wait to be there also! I have read that there is a peanut in your future so by the time I see you your new title will be grandma!

Welcome!

We are having a Mini BC/YC Dis Meet on July 25 at 6:00 in the Solarium.
Let us know if you want to meet up with us!

Would have loved to but will be eating at Chef Mickey's at that time. I always make sure when we are not visiting parks to reserve a bunch of character meals to feel that Disney Magic.

Welcome!!! Hope you love BC as much as we do! We usually go to WDW in the December - March timeframe, but did a quick summer trip in July last year. We loved it and thought SAB was fantastic in the afternoons. Have a great trip! :wizard:

We almost always travel around October and March. But now kids are getting to be school aged and have been tweaking our travel times. Not that school has stopped us from taking a Disney trip (hehe). When we returned home last trip and saw pictures of SAB we thought that could be a vacation all by itself so a summer trip was planned.

Our first stay at YC/BC was last July, and we fell in LOVE with it!! We too spent much of our afternoons at the pool (you will really enjoy that), and hit the parks early in the morning, and usually head over to EPCOT for dinner and a nice evening. The walk to EPCOT is so, so, so nice.

We have found that our kids have been too small to enjoy Epcot (although it is my favorite park) so many of our trips have been centered around MK. The kids love to see the "giant golf ball" glowing at night and we have watched fireworks from the boardwalk but they have no interest at this age. Me...I just want to eat and drink my way through World Showcase!

Hey everyone- thanks for the well wishes! We are looking forward to the trip. The morning wakeup, not so much. Car Service is arriving at 4:45. :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter