**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

Did the Portugal Wine Bar get scrapped? There was information about it early, but I don't see anyone mentioning it now. Thanks!

A couple of friends are at epcot right now..they said some of the food and wine booths are closed due to the high winds and rain going on at epcot. I feel so bad when it rains on people's disney vacations ..sending pixie dust for some sunny skies!

Wow, Sounds like we left just in time. We were there for the last 8 days and the weather was beautiful. As soon as we got on our flight yesterday it started to rain. Pure luck on our part.

Any suggestions for first timers (early 40's, no kids). We have 2 days with no ADR's out of a 6 day trip!:confused3

You could be us... 40's & childfree :goodvibes
I'd suggest start w/a stop at the festival center. They can give you a passport which lists what each country is offering to sample. They can also let you know what will be going on the days you have slotted for F&W. If something sounds interesting give it a try. Some things are short & cheap (wine tastings or mixology seminars for $10 to $15 and about 1 hour). Others can get longer & crazy expensive (see some of the chefs suppers). But if something looks interesting & in your budget give it a go. We did a tequila tasting & along with learning a bit we had a lot of fun.

Since you have 2 days, you could do 1/2 each day (there are something like 26 booths plus the regular countries). Or sample all you can day one then pick up any you missed & return for favorites on day 2. Just be careful mixing the wine, liquor & beer samples. :sick:

Even if you have a car, use the WDW transportation those days. That way should you have a few too many samples you don't have to worry about driving back to the resort.

Lastly, there are a few (not nearly enough) standing tables scattered around the booths. If you see one where there are a couple folks, but room for more, ask to join them. We've met some interesting folks that way & like to hear what others have tried & recommend (or recommend avoiding). We find 99% of the time folks are open to you joining them & a little conversation.

I'd say budget $100-ish per day (at least that is about what we did during our trip this year). Over 8 - 10 hours you can do a lot of sampling & at $3 to $15 it adds up. And yes, $15 for one grand marnier slushie is well worth it. :thumbsup2

I'd suggest start w/a stop at the festival center. They can give you a passport which lists what each country is offering to sample. They can also let you know what will be going on the days you have slotted for F&W. If something sounds interesting give it a try. Some things are short & cheap (wine tastings or mixology seminars for $10 to $15 and about 1 hour). Others can get longer & crazy expensive (see some of the chefs suppers). But if something looks interesting & in your budget give it a go. We did a tequila tasting & along with learning a bit we had a lot of fun.

Since you have 2 days, you could do 1/2 each day (there are something like 26 booths plus the regular countries). Or sample all you can day one then pick up any you missed & return for favorites on day 2. Just be careful mixing the wine, liquor & beer samples. :sick:

Even if you have a car, use the WDW transportation those days. That way should you have a few too many samples you don't have to worry about driving back to the resort.

Lastly, there are a few (not nearly enough) standing tables scattered around the booths. If you see one where there are a couple folks, but room for more, ask to join them. We've met some interesting folks that way & like to hear what others have tried & recommend (or recommend avoiding). We find 99% of the time folks are open to you joining them & a little conversation.

I'd say budget $100-ish per day (at least that is about what we did during our trip this year). Over 8 - 10 hours you can do a lot of sampling & at $3 to $15 it adds up. And yes, $15 for one grand marnier slushie is well worth it. :thumbsup2

I thought the slushie was $9 and change. I was just there had several but honestly don't know the price.

For a moment you confused me as to what thread we were on! :lmao:

I would do your homework before you get there. Check out the links in the first post and have a good idea of what booths you want to hit before you arrive. Most of the seminars and special events will be sold out, but you may luck out and get in on something. There is much to much food to eat it all in one day unless you have dietary restrictions. If you are an omnivore, it could take several days or a week to try everything you want!

Hey LMO429, DW and I will be at the French Lunch that day with you, if there is anything you don't like, pass it on down. Especially the wine!!! :woohoo:

I'll be at that lunch as well. :)

And speaking of 10/28, I got my Kouzzina Signature Dinner cancellation call today. I called them back and opted in for the chef's menu at the CoraNation room for that evening.

Did the Portugal Wine Bar get scrapped? There was information about it early, but I don't see anyone mentioning it now. Thanks!

I haven't seen it in the 10 days I've been here. No mention of it in the Passport. Don't know if it's going to show up at some point for a limited-run. :confused3

I haven't seen it in the 10 days I've been here. No mention of it in the Passport. Don't know if it's going to show up at some point for a limited-run. :confused3

Thanks! I was making "flash cards" and I couldn't find any prices on this booth. Darn. I was hoping for this. When they had the wine walks, DD wasn't old enough, now she is and they don't have them any more.

Has anyone found any reviews of the Via Napoli beer and pizza tasting? We are doing it later this month and would love to know how the first one went. Thanks.

We were at the Pizza and Beer tasting Oct. 4th. We really enjoyed it a lot. But it wasn't all pizza. For an appetizer we got a vegetable croquette with ricotta cheese and Moretti Lagar. Then a personal pizza which was half margherita, 1/4 prosciutto melone, and 1/4 carciofi with Menabrea "1846". Then we got Veal Parmigiana with Moretti "La Rossa" and Menabrea Ambrata (DH and my favorite in this tasting). For dessert we got Coppa Amarena a vanilla gelato with brutti-ma-buoni cookies and amarena cherries.

All four courses were really delicious. When they poured each beer they left the bottle on your table, they kept coming around and refilling your glasses. We would definitely book this again.

At the beginning one of the carnival mask crafters came out and spoke about Carnival and the masks and the executive chef came out and stopped by each table during dessert.

Thank you so much Twigs! :thumbsup2 I have been trying to find some information about the beer and pizza tasting to see if I need to worry about dinner that night. Sounds like I have no concerns. :rotfl2: Glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait until we go. Thanks for taking the time to post. :)

Thank you so much Twigs! :thumbsup2 I have been trying to find some information about the beer and pizza tasting to see if I need to worry about dinner that night. Sounds like I have no concerns. :rotfl2: Glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait until we go. Thanks for taking the time to post. :)

You definitely have no concerns for dinner! We were planning on eating around the F&W booths that evening for dinner and we only had one or two things as we were full form Via Napoli!

We were at the Pizza and Beer tasting Oct. 4th. We really enjoyed it a lot. But it wasn't all pizza. For an appetizer we got a vegetable croquette with ricotta cheese and Moretti Lagar. Then a personal pizza which was half margherita, 1/4 prosciutto melone, and 1/4 carciofi with Menabrea "1846". Then we got Veal Parmigiana with Moretti "La Rossa" and Menabrea Ambrata (DH and my favorite in this tasting). For dessert we got Coppa Amarena a vanilla gelato with brutti-ma-buoni cookies and amarena cherries.

All four courses were really delicious. When they poured each beer they left the bottle on your table, they kept coming around and refilling your glasses. We would definitely book this again.

At the beginning one of the carnival mask crafters came out and spoke about Carnival and the masks and the executive chef came out and stopped by each table during dessert.

First of all, an apology to Aunt Cawa for not seeing your original post or I could have allayed your fears sooner. :)

We were at the Pizza and Beer Pairing on October 4th too, Twigs. We were surprised but pleased. A few photos below:

IMAG0104-1-1.jpg
IMAG0105-1-1.jpg

IMAG0107-1-1.jpg
IMAG0109-1.jpg

IMAG0108-2-1.jpg

IMAG0113-1-1.jpg
IMAG0110-1-1.jpg

IMAG0116-1-1.jpg

IMAG0119-1-1.jpg

IMAG0117-1-1.jpg
IMAG0121-1.jpg

Thank you so much Elin for the wonderful photos! :thumbsup2 I can see dinner is not going to be a concern. :rotfl2: It looks like this is going to be a really fun afternoon. Thanks for taking the time to post! :)

Just got back yesterday and I have some great pictures of marketplace items (uploading) as well as a review of Buddy Valastro's Sweet Sunday (amazing!!)

I'll be back later to post :goodvibes

Did anyone hit the 1st Chocolate Discoveries seminar yesterday? I'll be attending on the 16th, and just curious how this new seminar worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter