**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

Where do we check in for the demonstrations in order to get a ticket? Thanks! :goodvibes

When you enter the building and go down the ramp, there's a Will Call station on the left side, across from the Cutco display. You can also buy tickets for any of that day's demos that still have space, but they do not take cash (not sure about kttw cards).

I received my official "Cat Cora Cancelled Call" today. Hmmm, should we go to Seasons 52?

You got a call for dinner being cancelled? Interesting.

I called yesterday afternoon and the dining folks had no idea about any Cat Cora dinner changes, and would not allow me to cancel. Polite and pleasant -- but the only info they had was on Kitchen Memories substitution.

I emailed guest communications and maybe I'll hear back someday.

At Epcot this weekend, it was stated that Disney had not at that time decided how to handle the Cat Cora signature dinners.

I would think WDW-DINE would be useless in a situation like this, so I wouldn't waste my time or cash (it's not a toll-free call if you don't have cell service or unlimited long distance) calling them about it.

Thx for the update!

You are so right that my call was a total waste of time! :lmao:

But it's starting to distract me since it's getting close to the trip, so calling at least made me feel that I was being proactive.

I'd love to plan something else that night if possible, but not if I'm still going of course...I keep thinking about how many F&W booth items I could buy for the price of the dinner.

We both really liked the shrimp cake, lots of nicely cooked shrimp, quite a moist patty and plenty of flavour.

DH liked the taco more than me. I thought the sauce was quite spicy and the first bite I took was pretty much all sauce and cabbage, my mouth was burning for about 15 mins afterwards (I don't like spicy foods though so if you do you probably wouldn't experience this). DH didn't think it was that spicy and ate the rest.
Quick recommendation - if you're eating something spicier than you like (accounting of course for personal preferences), do NOT drink water which will only spread the heat around your mouth and make it worse. If at all possible, grab something with dairy in it - yogurt, ice cream, smoothie. That's the only thing that can really cool the heat, and it works quickly. That's why non-alcoholic specialty drinks in so many cultures that like spice are made from yogurt, and why so many sauces are made with yogurt.

I'm getting excited for the Coq au vin from France booth. I was sad the short ribs were gone, but this sounds really good from everyone's descriptions and photos.

Also, I just got a call from Guest Communciations on my email about "so what's with Cat Cora dinners?" The CM said that they just this afternoon rec'd info that FEST/DINING will be calling all the guests affected, and explaining options, but she did not know what options would be.

I will believe this when I get a call!:)

My dd and I just did our first pass at F&W today. We were using a ranking system of 1-5 (5 best).
Here's what we tasted until we got full:

Hawaii:Pork slider-4 dd doesn't like mayonnaise and still liked this
Desserts&Champ-White choc mousse-5 very good wished it were a bigger portion
Greece-Chicken souvlaki-3 it did not look nor taste like chicken, more like a mild sausage
Ireland-Cheese selection-4 too much cheese as we did not finish, but saved it for later. Lava cake-5 once again wished the portion was larger. Meade honey wine-5 sweet taste, did not taste the alcohol in it (plus for me!)
Belgium-choc seashell truffles-2, these are given to you in a sealed box. Not made up in the kitchen that day. Did not really have much of a choc taste.
Morocco- kefta pocket-3 nice sized and not too spicy
New Zealand-lamb slider-4 dd said hers was too spicy with the tomato sauce. I would agree based on that we don't really like spicy food, but I still finished it.
Hops and Barley-pumpkin mousse-5 loved the sweet taste especially the cake inside.

That's as far as we got today because we were full. Going back on Monday with dh so he can try a few things too.
Weather was awesome today. Nice breeze and not too hot. We didn't wait more than 2 minutes at any booth to be served.

Also, I just got a call from Guest Communciations on my email about "so what's with Cat Cora dinners?" The CM said that they just this afternoon rec'd info that FEST/DINING will be calling all the guests affected, and explaining options, but she did not know what options would be.

The rumor is that those who booked the Kouzzina signature dinners will be offered the regular Chefs Table at its regular price. $70 without wine, $105 with wine pairings.

My dd and I just did our first pass at F&W today. We were using a ranking system of 1-5 (5 best).
Here's what we tasted until we got full:

Hawaii:Pork slider-4 dd doesn't like mayonnaise and still liked this
Desserts&Champ-White choc mousse-5 very good wished it were a bigger portion
Greece-Chicken souvlaki-3 it did not look nor taste like chicken, more like a mild sausage
Ireland-Cheese selection-4 too much cheese as we did not finish, but saved it for later. Lava cake-5 once again wished the portion was larger. Meade honey wine-5 sweet taste, did not taste the alcohol in it (plus for me!)
Belgium-choc seashell truffles-2, these are given to you in a sealed box. Not made up in the kitchen that day. Did not really have much of a choc taste.
Morocco- kefta pocket-3 nice sized and not too spicy
New Zealand-lamb slider-4 dd said hers was too spicy with the tomato sauce. I would agree based on that we don't really like spicy food, but I still finished it.
Hops and Barley-pumpkin mousse-5 loved the sweet taste especially the cake inside.

That's as far as we got today because we were full. Going back on Monday with dh so he can try a few things too.
Weather was awesome today. Nice breeze and not too hot. We didn't wait more than 2 minutes at any booth to be served.

Oh my goodness. I want everything you listed here! LOL!

What was your date?

10/25/11

We went to Seasons 52 a year ago or so for lunch and really liked it-- very fresh, light (healthy-feeling) and yummy!

This has been on our list for years. If we don't go, we'll hit a City Walk restaurant. Or Saana, we've only done lunch and wondered if dinner was different.

You got a call for dinner being cancelled? Interesting.

I called yesterday afternoon and the dining folks had no idea about any Cat Cora dinner changes, and would not allow me to cancel. Polite and pleasant -- but the only info they had was on Kitchen Memories substitution.

I emailed guest communications and maybe I'll hear back someday.

No surprise.

At Epcot this weekend, it was stated that Disney had not at that time decided how to handle the Cat Cora signature dinners.

I would think WDW-DINE would be useless in a situation like this, so I wouldn't waste my time or cash (it's not a toll-free call if you don't have cell service or unlimited long distance) calling them about it.

Well, I guess they decided to cancel mine.

The rumor is that those who booked the Kouzzina signature dinners will be offered the regular Chefs Table at its regular price. $70 without wine, $105 with wine pairings.

No offer of another option, just that my CC would be credited.

Any suggestions for first timers (early 40's, no kids). We have 2 days with no ADR's out of a 6 day trip!:confused3

I got the Kouzzina call late in the afternoon -- they cancelled my Cat Cora dinner 10/26, money will go back to cc. Offered wine dinner option, but not on my date, on the weekend, if I want to call back, which I do not plan on doing.

The new look and orientation for the culinary demonstration area at the Festival Center (bye bye Palmhenge)

CIMG1588.jpg

And the beverage demonstration area:

CIMG1589.jpg

I got the Kouzzina call late in the afternoon -- they cancelled my Cat Cora dinner 10/26, money will go back to cc. Offered wine dinner option, but not on my date, on the weekend, if I want to call back, which I do not plan on doing.

I think Kouzzina and Flying Fish share the same back kitchen and FF uses it for their chef's counter from Sun-Thu. I'm not sure how they would handle it if everyone affected took them up on the offer for the chef's table...

I think Kouzzina and Flying Fish share the same back kitchen and FF uses it for their chef's counter from Sun-Thu. I'm not sure how they would handle it if everyone affected took them up on the offer for the chef's table...

The chef's table is normally held in the same room at Kouzzina where the signature dinners would likely have been held. so I don't see how it would be any different than accommodating the regular chefs table, as Kouzzina has a chefs table every weekend.

Leaving early in the morning.....Festival Bound!

Super excited!

:banana::banana::banana:

A post from the Beer Advocate board...sounds almost too good to be true:

Disney Food and Wine Festival

If you are heading down to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot this year be sure to stop by the Canadian Beverage Cart, not the Food and Wine Kiosk, and they have three Unibroue's on tap (Ephemere Apple, Blanche de Chambly, and Trois Pistoles). They are doing some really nice size pours at great prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter