**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

Can someone clarify this for me? I was just reading some of the reviews over on easywdw. He mentioned you need tickets for all the events. I'm not sure if he was just talking about the wine seminars or everything. I'm going to the Sweet Sundays event this weekend. I thought I just got in line & gave the CM my confirmation #. Do I need to check in at that register first to get a ticket & then get in line? Better to know now than later because we leave tomorrow! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

He mentioned you need tickets for all the events.

You get a physical ticket only for the Festival Center demonstrations. I did the French Regional Lunch on Friday and the Tequila lunch on Sunday. There were no physical tickets for these events. Names were checked off a list by a cast member. Sweet Sundays takes place in the festival center. It's my guess that you will not get a paper ticket for this event but you may be given a table assignment with the location of your table depending on how soon you check in.

I have added a list of the methods of payment accepted at the World Showcase kiosks to the first post. This appears to be the most frequently asked question on the thread.

You get a physical ticket only for the Festival Center demonstrations. I did the French Regional Lunch on Friday and the Tequila lunch on Sunday. There were no physical tickets for these events. Names were checked off a list by a cast member. Sweet Sundays takes place in the festival center. It's my guess that you will not get a paper ticket for this event but you may be given a table assignment with the location of your table depending on how soon you check in.

Thank you! That is what I thought but wanted to be sure. I plan to be there as fast as my legs will carry me from IG at 9:00 a.m.

I have added a list of the methods of payment accepted at the World Showcase kiosks to the first post. This appears to be the most frequently asked question on the thread.

Thanks for updating that, Nala. I figured I could use my room key, happy to see the confirmation.

Thanks for updating that, Nala. I figured I could use my room key, happy to see the confirmation.

That's assuming everything remains fully operational...sometimes the card swipers have been down for short times in the past and if that happens, if you don't have cash on you there's no way for you to pay for samples.

I didn't see it happen this weekend.

That's assuming everything remains fully operational...sometimes the card swipers have been down for short times in the past and if that happens, if you don't have cash on you there's no way for you to pay for samples.

I didn't see it happen this weekend.

Thanks for the warning. I always carry some cash with me, for the reason you just mentioned. I don't trust technology ;)

One more week :cool1:

Where do we check in for the demonstrations in order to get a ticket? Thanks! :goodvibes

My biggest disappointment today was the cuddler... the shell was huge....I was so excited, and the meat inside was as big around as pencil.... all wrinkled and no flavor...

Huge disappointment.

YIKES!!! :scared1:
I am SOOOOO looking forward to those!!! Hope they get their act together in the next few weeks!!!

Still debating on whether to add theQS Dining plan to our trip! I think I could burn through our snack credits in about an hour or two! ;)

Sorry kids...no Mickey cookies for y'all...Daddy needs a few more shrimp taco! :scared1:

Today's dining and a few I forgot

Greece- Chicken with taziki (too lazy too look it up) 3, not bad, not outstanding

Mexico -RibEye taco 4 Pretty good, scallions should be cut up not a whole one IMHO

Caribbean - Jerk Chicken with salsa - 2 salsa was good. Chicken was a greasy drumstick

Hawaill - Pork Slider - 4, very nice

USA Lobster Roll - 2 Very disappointed. Looking forward to this, lobster itself was kind of tasteless and seasonings were not traditional lobster roll

Italy - Spicy Shirmp with pasta. 3 Has a fancy name, but it was just shrimp with pasta OK

sad to hear that the Caribbean jerk chicken wasn't any good. The reviewer in the link above from the first bites event really liked it -> but perhaps it was better there than at the actual booth

by 7pm by 6:45 if u have WVL-that is my opinion, as I want to try everything and before WVL I liked to stakeout a table. But it's crowded when the doors open for regular sitting and people move very quickly

iluvpluto27 - Thanks for all the pics. How was the shrimp cake and the shimp taco?

We both really liked the shrimp cake, lots of nicely cooked shrimp, quite a moist patty and plenty of flavour.

DH liked the taco more than me. I thought the sauce was quite spicy and the first bite I took was pretty much all sauce and cabbage, my mouth was burning for about 15 mins afterwards (I don't like spicy foods though so if you do you probably wouldn't experience this). DH didn't think it was that spicy and ate the rest.

PFTS-Party for the senses an event that take place on Sat nights ( except 1) during F&W. Several areas set up with all u can eat food and drinks for 2.5 hrs.
WVL-an area within the above, it has a full bar and extra things such as cheeses and mabey an extra dessert. U get ur own table and a waiter. I LOVE that and think it is worth every penny:love:

PFTS-Party for the senses an event that take place on Sat nights ( except 1) during F&W. Several areas set up with all u can eat food and drinks for 2.5 hrs.
WVL-an area within the above, it has a full bar and extra things such as cheeses and mabey an extra dessert. U get ur own table and a waiter. I LOVE that and think it is worth every penny:love:

Thank you! There are so many abbreviations here to learn. :thumbsup2

I received my official "Cat Cora Cancelled Call" today. Hmmm, should we go to Seasons 52?

If you are out near restaurant row there are some nice restaurants there that are not chains.

Anatolia - Mediterranean/ Turkish

City Fire - American

Cafe Tu Tu Tango - Tapas - (I drive)

Ceadars - Lebanese (Next to Seasons 52)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter