2011 Dining Plan Pricing

Kimberle

WL Vet
My calculations show these to be the per person adult daily price for the "regular" dining plan. Lower is for "standard" season and higher for "peak" season.

I used WDW's online booking agent. Selected a resort for 1 night w/ no dining plan, then added the "regular" dining plan and subtracted the difference in prices. I did this for many different resorts (v/mod/dx) and many different dates.

By "regular", I selected the most popular plan of 1 quick, 1 table, 1 snack per person per day.

Also, remember tip is not included, you'll add that seperately.

My calculations show these to be the per person adult daily price for the "regular" dining plan. Lower is for "standard" season and higher for "peak" season.

I used WDW's online booking agent. Selected a resort for 1 night w/ no dining plan, then added the "regular" dining plan and subtracted the difference in prices. I did this for many different resorts (v/mod/dx) and many different dates.

By "regular", I selected the most popular plan of 1 quick, 1 table, 1 snack per person per day.

Also, remember tip is not included, you'll add that seperately.
Is that before or after tax?? I got about $43.99 when I added dining to my ressie.

I went back and looked at the wbsite, and that is the price it is giving. So yes, a $4 per person per day increase.

If those are going to be the new prices, then that is quite a price jump! Family of 4 with 2 kids 10 and over staying 10 nights would add $160 their dining costs - if they go when the surcharge is not in effect.

I also did a quick calculation for QSDP based upon my specific circumstances (2 adults and 2 children 3-9) and it looks like where the plan previously cost me $84/day, it will now cost around $93/day. I didn't try to break it down by adult vs. child -- just what it would cost on a daily basis for the 4 of us. I think we could do better w/o the plan, BUT I can't help but wonder if the actual menu prices will increase.

I can't help but wonder if the actual menu prices will increase.

Probably.

On a side note, wasn't the regular dining plan for an adult during peak season already $47.99? :confused3

Yes, I think it was $46.99 so if that is the case and you usually travel in peak season, all it takes is a few price increases here and there and you may well be better off with the DDP.

For September 2011, (value season) I was seeing $45.99 for regular, $78.99 for deluxe. Quick service was coming out at $43.99 for me.

Hubby and I are going next May (9months from tomorrow YAY!) If the new prices are correct, it's gonna cost an additional $58.00 for the dining plan for the 7 nights we will be there. Considering some restaurant prices are destined to go up, I don't think the price increase is all that bad...considering all you get for your money. We plan on eating at two restaurants that would cost over $100.00 oop, that's just our opinion. I guess if you travel with kids, the proce increase may be a little too much..but for two adults, its not bad.

I cannot get a single CM in several calls to give me pricing. They say that the increase is about $4 a person or close to $5.

Then I had another CM tell me that the price per adult is $42 and child is $12.

I don't think anybody has a clue! :upsidedow

I just called to the CM did not listen to a word I was saying I asked about the estimated price for 2011. The quick Service which he never even gave me, Regular dining plan and the Deluxe. No help al he said is it would be any where from $1 to $2 more. And it all depends on what kind of Package you are doing depends on the price of the dining plan you are doing! :mad:

By my calculations for my clients, the QS will be $34.99 / adult and $11.99 / child (child is the same as regular dining not peak). Deluxe is $78.99 and $21.99. Base dining is $45.99 / $11.99 and $47.99 / $12.99 during peak.

I was hoping they would go back to an appetizer, or give you a choice between appetizer and dessert.

I guess I have been in my cave because I was not aware that dining prices went up. So, the DDP for value season is now 45.99 per adult? Just wanted to make sure I was following correctly.:dance3:

I was hoping they would go back to an appetizer, or give you a choice between appetizer and dessert.

Wishful thinking. ;) That's why the DxDDP was introduced.

I don't know if the CMs have the prices yet. Don't the prices only come out on the Monday following release of the details?

My bad. I only looked at the deluxe link. It did not mention prices were for 2010. Not sure why you would have a write up for 2011 with links for 2010.

I just tried a non-scientific way to do it -I priced out a night with Deluxe Dining and a night without DDP at all. Came out to 78.99 difference for one adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter