• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Dining Plan Pricing

Your entire post just furthered my point. Nobody is going to buy something without knowing what they are paying for it. Per person or total amount, people still want a dollar amount. ;)

I have to agree with this. In many ways it almost makes more sense to see the value as a whole for your group, but either way, most of us (on here anyway) take the cost of the plan of our choice and then compare it to our estimated OOP expenses.

Strangely, I was clearing out my Disney planning folders the other day and found the 2010 Dining Plan prices - I had printed out a page from Allears the day they were announced, or at least within a day or two (early August) and details of prices were set out clearly on there for each plan.

ccc-1.jpg

SaturdayJuly252009.jpg

Prices may have gone up but when paying for each meal be way more per day then the cost of the plan. That is what I believe any way.

The dining plan simply won't work for everyone. It's not meant to work for everyone. Some people will save money on it and not mind the way it works. Others won't.

Personally, I will not use it. It does not work with the way my mother and I eat. Sometimes we want an app, but no dessert. Sometimes we want to just order 4 or so apps and share. Other times we each get an entree, but no apps OR dessert. Sometimes we both get desserts. Other times we share one.

If you order exactly what is one the plan all the time, then it might be a good deal for you. However, if you are more like we are, then it might just not be for you.

Just an idea for those who don't care for the dining plan. People have suggested putting $$ on a gift card to pay for meals. Personally, I don't care for this as you'll have to spend all the $$.

If you're staying for 5 days, get 5 envelopes. Put $$ in each one, what ever you think will be a good amount for your family. If your trip is a year away, start now. Every week or 2, put a little $$ in each envelope. If you take $25 every week or 2, that $5 per envelope will add up during the course of a year. When you get to WDW, put the envelopes in the safe, taking 1 out per day. Your meals, snacks, & beverages will be paid for. If you've any $$ left, roll it to the next day or save it for something special at the end of your trip.

Use the menu prices on this site and allears.net to help you plan your budget. Some days may require more $$ than other days due to the type of meals you're planning for that day.

That was my plan....I have been thinking about the dining plan lately and really think I can feed my family of 4 (2 Ad, 2C ages 11 and 8) for under $150 a day which is what the DDP would cost us for 2 meals per day. We will eat more QS than TS but can budget in at least 3 TS meals in during our trip and still come out ahead.

The dining plan simply won't work for everyone. It's not meant to work for everyone. Some people will save money on it and not mind the way it works. Others won't.

Personally, I will not use it. It does not work with the way my mother and I eat. Sometimes we want an app, but no dessert. Sometimes we want to just order 4 or so apps and share. Other times we each get an entree, but no apps OR dessert. Sometimes we both get desserts. Other times we share one.

If you order exactly what is one the plan all the time, then it might be a good deal for you. However, if you are more like we are, then it might just not be for you.

This is EXACTLY it!

Just an idea for those who don't care for the dining plan. People have suggested putting $$ on a gift card to pay for meals. Personally, I don't care for this as you'll have to spend all the $$.

If you're staying for 5 days, get 5 envelopes. Put $$ in each one, what ever you think will be a good amount for your family. If your trip is a year away, start now. Every week or 2, put a little $$ in each envelope. If you take $25 every week or 2, that $5 per envelope will add up during the course of a year. When you get to WDW, put the envelopes in the safe, taking 1 out per day. Your meals, snacks, & beverages will be paid for. If you've any $$ left, roll it to the next day or save it for something special at the end of your trip.

Use the menu prices on this site and allears.net to help you plan your budget. Some days may require more $$ than other days due to the type of meals you're planning for that day.

That's a great idea...I need to figure out if the DDP is actually saving us $$ or if I would be better off just doing that! We always just do the dining plan because it kind of makes the trip more all-inclusive, and we don't have to think so much after we arrive at WDW...but I need to really put a $$ amount to the prices we are paying for the DDP. Good points everyone!:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter