2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike: where exactly was that taken from? Thanks for sharing. Beautiful!!!

Oooh, pretty picture Mike! Thanks for sharing. :)

You know I've been thinking.... (I know, I know, it's dangerous for me to do that!) When you said that you've been having a rough time at work lately and you haven't been on the boards it got me to thinking just WHAT is it that you actually do.....

SO, I decided, after much thought, that you must herd cats for a living. I could see you really being a "Natural" at this with your lack of organization and your terrible aim. It's probably you who invented that "using a squirt bottle to modify your cat's behavior" thing. Not working too well is it??

So NO WONDER you've been having a tough time at work! It can't be fun herding cats in the frozen Canadian tundra.

Dress warmly and put a little 'Grey Goose" Vodka in that squirt bottle you are using to get the cats to behave. It will keep the water from freezing and the cats might get drunk and pass out!

(That Marlton Mom... ALWAYS thinking!)

All the SVCL rooms are on the fifth floor. They have different bed setups in the rooms. A few have king beds, a few have one queen and a daybed, some have two queens and some have two queens and a daybed. You may want to consider upgrading to a deluxe room. They all have two queens and a daybed but are not on the fifth floor. The rooms are HUGE. Your keys give you access to the fifth floor of course where the lounge is. Robyn has stayed in these rooms and can give you her personal take on her experience there. I would definitely consider it. The price is less than a water view club level but more than a standard view club level but to me it's worth it if you have five people!!

Thanks for the advice Teena - unfortunately all the deluxe rooms are booked during our stay so we are stuck with the SV room. Although, I will keep checking back to see if anyone cancels. :thumbsup2

You know I've been thinking.... (I know, I know, it's dangerous for me to do that!) When you said that you've been having a rough time at work lately and you haven't been on the boards it got me to thinking just WHAT is it that you actually do.....

SO, I decided, after much thought, that you must herd cats for a living. I could see you really being a "Natural" at this with your lack of organization and your terrible aim. It's probably you who invented that "using a squirt bottle to modify your cat's behavior" thing. Not working too well is it??

So NO WONDER you've been having a tough time at work! It can't be fun herding cats in the frozen Canadian tundra.

Dress warmly and put a little 'Grey Goose" Vodka in that squirt bottle you are using to get the cats to behave. It will keep the water from freezing and the cats might get drunk and pass out!

:rotfl2:

Oh MM, why must you think so much. :sad2:

You are correct, while we haven't had much snow yet this year, it was cold enough out this weekend that the cats were hard to herd.

Thankfully I only had to herd my dog, and given it was so cold out I was able to herd her in a fashionable coat.

Cicifur103011_c.jpg

As for what I really do... I'm supposedly a writer working in corporate communications but I keep that a secret so people won't judge me when they see that I am incapable of forming a proper sentence with suitable grammar punctuation or spelin.

Time to get me some of that vodka and get back to the Golden Globes.

Always trouble when you start thinking :scared1: :rotfl2:

Oh No People......

I realize it's Sunday and football is on but 1/2 way down page two is NOT acceptable. Let's wake up out there. :banana::banana::banana:

"Good evening, on behalf of Walt Disney World, the place where dreams come true, we welcome all of you to Epcot and World Showcase. We've gathered here tonight, around the fire, as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us; to share the light and to share a story. An amazing story, as old as time itself but still being written.

IMG_2344.jpg

Just wanted to do a late night bump of the best resort thread on the Dis. Two other reasons for my reply. To see what my countdown looks like and to tell Mr. Mike Mickey that his picture of Epcot is tremendous!

Have a great day....

Took the picture on our December trip. Me and Mrs were having dinner at Tutto and arrived about 20 minutes early for our ADR. So as any camera hound knows 20 minutes of spare time is a blessing. Set up on WS Lagoon/Italy right on the rail and snapped away. All the while playing those funny dials on my camera. This was the best one. Thanks.

Took the picture on our December trip. Me and Mrs were having dinner at Tutto and arrived about 20 minutes early for our ADR. So as any camera hound knows 20 minutes of spare time is a blessing. Set up on WS Lagoon/Italy right on the rail and snapped away. All the while playing those funny dials on my camera. This was the best one. Thanks.

It is beautiful!

:rotfl::rotfl:I so needed to laugh today and you so made me laugh:rotfl2:
Thanks so much-I read this board often but dont always post-you really cheered me up:)

Beautiful picture of epcot Mickeyt

This is Dee (Natebenma)- I created a new screen persona mainly because I am out of PM space :guilty: I know, probably not the best solution to this problem.

I'll mostly still post as Natebenma, but I may use this when I have to start the new thread in a couple of months.

Dee

Mike- awesome picture. Love the commentary that you added. Made me smile.

Nice picture and quote Mike. I can hear the voice in my head!:thumbsup2

Dee like your new screen name.

I just read and saw on easywdw.com that they now have the Poly resort merchandise. He also says that all deluxe resorts should have theirs by March. Hoping that the BC gets theirs sooner than that!

Good morning everyone! I was just curious if there is a specific area of this website where I can find Trip Reports from people who stayed at the Yacht Club. I thought it would be a fun way to get even more excited about our trip (if that is even possible ;)

I just booked our first Beach Club stay for this fall! I'm fully prepared to fall in love. Let the obsessing begin!

psst, will someone tell me how to make a ticker?

Jenny

Nice picture and quote Mike. I can hear the voice in my head!:thumbsup2

Dee like your new screen name.

I just read and saw on easywdw.com that they now have the Poly resort merchandise. He also says that all deluxe resorts should have theirs by March. Hoping that the BC gets theirs sooner than that!

Thanks for the comments about the new screen name. Not sure how much I will use it.

Thanks also for sharing the info about the resort merchandise. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the Beach Club stuff will come in soon!

Good morning everyone! I was just curious if there is a specific area of this website where I can find Trip Reports from people who stayed at the Yacht Club. I thought it would be a fun way to get even more excited about our trip (if that is even possible ;)

No special forum for resort-specific TRs. A couple of TRs I know about with the Yacht Club are eandesmom, Dr. Jones and the Spitting Camel (WL/YC/Hard Rock). This report is long, completed and has links so you can read the sections you are interested in. I believe tinacaplan stayed at the YC for her: What a difference 6 months make (how I learned to love the MK) TR. My "3rd annual "Never" going to Disney in the summer again" TR has sections about the Beach Club, and the Captain's Grille at YC. There is a table of contents with links if you want to read specific sections.

I just booked our first Beach Club stay for this fall! I'm fully prepared to fall in love. Let the obsessing begin!

psst, will someone tell me how to make a ticker?

Jenny

:welcome:

When you find someone with a ticker you like, click on it. It will bring you to the site where you can add your info- ticker, moving icon and text.

If you would like to be added to the Page 1 Be Our Guest list, let us know the dates of your trip.

Mike - What a great picture!!!!

Dee - love the alternate name. You are like me - I don't even want to tell you how many email I save because I might "someday" need them!!!!!

Dee, I think soon you will need a "PM/email delete" intervention!!! LOL

I emailed IPO today about the gift baskets and Omar says that it's all good! :) I can even ship stuff from wherever direct to IPO. They said to forward the invoices so that they can check and make sure everything arrived, and that they will keep it there for me until they make the baskets. The only thing he wasn't sure about was getting arcade cards. Strange - I thought that would be easy??? Since they can do that, I decided to pick out most stuff on the Disney store website.

And on to the stuff you are all interested in - I also asked about putting a couple of BC t-shirts in the packages, and he said to just give him the sizes we want! So, sounds like they are there or almost there to me.

Mike - great picture! One of my favorites scenes.

I am happy to announce that our waitlist came through and we will be staying at the BCV May 3-4. It's only 2 nights, because we'll be at BLT earlier in the week. We never did a split stay before, but my husband swore off Disney transportation after any evening show. So, the only way he would go along with Illuminations is if we stayed at a location where we could walk home. I think he thought I'd be OK with skipping Illuminations this trip, but I decided what a great way to get a few nights in at my favorite resort. Makes sense to me:rolleyes1

Dee, I think soon you will need a "PM/email delete" intervention!!! LOL

I emailed IPO today about the gift baskets and Omar says that it's all good! :) I can even ship stuff from wherever direct to IPO. They said to forward the invoices so that they can check and make sure everything arrived, and that they will keep it there for me until they make the baskets. The only thing he wasn't sure about was getting arcade cards. Strange - I thought that would be easy??? Since they can do that, I decided to pick out most stuff on the Disney store website.

And on to the stuff you are all interested in - I also asked about putting a couple of BC t-shirts in the packages, and he said to just give him the sizes we want! So, sounds like they are there or almost there to me.

Yes, I do! PM me and we can set something up!

That's cool about the welcome baskets and even cooler if you can get BC t-shirts. Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter