2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if ALL BC GV CL rooms have full balcony, what should my room request be? Besides the obvious Matthew McConnahey view! :happytv:

We are still staying March 18-24, but now the last 2 nights are CL.:thumbsup2
I would like to have the entire week CL, but that is all that is available.
I will do like Teena said-just keep checking!

I will be searching this thread for CL rooms and tips.:thumbsup2

:wave2:

Hi Gincar, we'll be checking in to CL on the 23rd, maybe we'll pass each other in the lounge!

:wave2:

Hi Gincar, we'll be checking in to CL on the 23rd, maybe we'll pass each other in the lounge!

Since we only have CL for 2 nights (so far) there is a good chance we will run into each other. I think I am going to spend our last 2 Disney days at the resort pool and the lounge! :woohoo:

Here is a wonderful aerial view of the progress of the new construction at Magic Kingdom and the Grand Floridian.

If you compare this view with Google Earth you can get a real sense of the size and scope of the construction. I was always wondering if they would have to move the fireworks lot (visible on Google Earth) back but the new construction didn't even come close. (BTW Other fireworks launch sites are located on top of the Hall of Presidents, Mickey's Philharmagic, Snow White and Pooh)

Also if you study the pictures carefully you can see the little, tiny, forced perspective castle on top of a building that is fronted with the mountain facade. There sure won't be a fantasy suite in that castle unless you're a palmetto bug!

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8520

~MM

And I was just in Vegas four days ago and it's COLD!!!!!!!!!

I head to Las Vegas in just a couple of weeks. SouthWest's $40 for 40 years last summer credited back me half of my September Disney Airfare. I was thinking of heading out to the SR Grand Canyon just because it would be cooler then last August when I was in Laughlin and the temps were 120. Of course I live in the midwest so Vegas Cold isn't quite my idea of 'winter' weather.

Question for anyone who has recently been at the BC/YC/BCV or will be going soon.

Was there a bounceback offer with 2012 dates in the room?

I would love a picture (or the dates) if anyone finds them.

Saw on another thread that some resorts do have them.

Thanks!

Dee

Well, after all is said and done I just love everything about BC :love: Therefore, we shall have to stay here. :laughing: I've bounced around so many times, and my only concern about BC was the size of SAB with lil ones that aren't independent swimmers, but thanks to pixarmom's wonderful SAB thread, we are going for it!!! 183 days!!!

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Welcome back! I saw that thread and when I looked through all of the pictures that Pixarmom posted I thought you might change your mind. The pool looks perfect for little ones. I don't think you can get any better than the sand bottomed pool. Just so you know everytime we have gone past the volcano pool at the POLY it has been so so crowded. I guess because it is so small. I am talking in the winter months when we travel. I would imagine in the Summer it is even worse. That is one thing that has kept us from booking the POLY.

So, if ALL BC GV CL rooms have full balcony, what should my room request be? Besides the obvious Matthew McConnahey view! :happytv:

Only one has a daybed . Some face volleyball court and some face front walkway of resort. And a few other stray rooms i am not clear on...Personally I am asking for quiet location and see where I land. I have seen several views on other threads and all were pretty. So I am satisfied. I only have family of 3 so don't care about a daybed yet for something in SHORT supply every year I get one??

Question for anyone who has recently been at the BC/YC/BCV or will be going soon.

Thanks!

Dee

We had a Bounceback offer at GF last weekend. It was most dates until June 14th, except Spring Break. It definitely re-started in late August. I can't remember if there were any summer dates between mid-June and mid-August. There were many dates in the fall with a few black-outs (sorry, I don't remember which dates were blacked-out in the fall). The offer didn't say it was from GF so I imagine it was good from any resort. The offer was 35% off deluxe resorts and deluxe villas.

Amanda

Thanks!

Dee

In Aug during POR portion of our split stay, I got a BB in the room the day before we moved to BC. I don't know how to post photos on the thread :rolleyes: but it had a pic of Remy on it. The dates were 8/17/12 - 9/27/12 for Free Dining.
This was the first time I ever saw a BB for the following year!

Only one has a daybed . Some face volleyball court and some face front walkway of resort. And a few other stray rooms i am not clear on...Personally I am asking for quiet location and see where I land. I have seen several views on other threads and all were pretty. So I am satisfied. I only have family of 3 so don't care about a daybed yet for something in SHORT supply every year I get one??

My kids HATE sleeping together so a daybed would rule. I was going to ask for a rollaway depending on the size of the room anyway but I imagine I can o that once I get there. I think I'll ask for "facing Epcot" and "daybed if possible". I dont care much because I'll be at BC! :cool1:

natebenma It never dawned on me yesterday when you mentioned Robyn's name that it was DisneyMomx7. Now that I remember I have spoken to Robyn before regarding the deluxe room but it was about the one by the quite pool near the laundry room. She had great things to say about the deluxe rooms. This time I don't have to be by the laundry room as we are headed to BLT after the BC. So I can do our laundry then.

Mousemommy1 you and your family will love it and since this will be your 10th Anniversary, it will be even more special.:hug: The whole Epcot resort area is great as well. I love the boardwalk performers.:thumbsup2

natebenma It never dawned on me yesterday when you mentioned Robyn's name that it was DisneyMomx7. Now that I remember I have spoken to Robyn before regarding the deluxe room but it was about the one by the quite pool near the laundry room. She had great things to say about the deluxe rooms. This time I don't have to be by the laundry room as we are headed to BLT after the BC. So I can do our laundry then.

Mousemommy1 you and your family will love it and since this will be your 10th Anniversary, it will be even more special.:hug: The whole Epcot resort area is great as well. I love the boardwalk performers.:thumbsup2

I am extremely excited about everything Beach Club has to offer!!! I think it will be a great introduction to the "deluxe category" :goodvibes

My kids HATE sleeping together so a daybed would rule. I was going to ask for a rollaway depending on the size of the room anyway but I imagine I can o that once I get there. I think I'll ask for "facing Epcot" and "daybed if possible". I dont care much because I'll be at BC! :cool1:

Almost all the rooms with a daybed are given to a family of 5 first. Don't worry though - my mom stayed in a room with my older sons during our Grand Gathering. Even though they were a party of 4 they NEEDED another bed. The rollaway fit just fine in the room.

Oh No People......

I realize it's Sunday and football is on but 1/2 way down page two is NOT acceptable. Let's wake up out there. :banana::banana::banana:

"Good evening, on behalf of Walt Disney World, the place where dreams come true, we welcome all of you to Epcot and World Showcase. We've gathered here tonight, around the fire, as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us; to share the light and to share a story. An amazing story, as old as time itself but still being written.

IMG_2344.jpg

Almost all the rooms with a daybed are given to a family of 5 first. Don't worry though - my mom stayed in a room with my older sons during our Grand Gathering. Even though they were a party of 4 they NEEDED another bed. The rollaway fit just fine in the room.

Excellent! I am totally getting the rollaway and requesting "facing Epcot".

Oh No People......

I realize it's Sunday and football is on but 1/2 way down page two is NOT acceptable. Let's wake up out there. :banana::banana::banana:

"Good evening, on behalf of Walt Disney World, the place where dreams come true, we welcome all of you to Epcot and World Showcase. We've gathered here tonight, around the fire, as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us; to share the light and to share a story. An amazing story, as old as time itself but still being written.

IMG_2344.jpg

Great photo!! Thanks for sharing!!

~Nannette

Does anyone know if you can request a rollaway in the one bedroom villa so that two people do not have to sleep on the pullout queen sofa bed? And, if this can be requested...is it guaranteed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter