2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! Glad you have a couple of stays at BCV. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

(Sorry for all of the separate quotes- trying to get up to 10 posts)

Thanks Dee!

I am going WAYYY overboard here. We are going for DD's 5th birthday and she has never been. we are going to tell her about the trip on the night before we leave by putting a balloon bouquet "from Mickey" with an invitation:
Hiya Kiersten,
Your Mommy & Daddy told me that you are turning 5!
I can't think of a better way to spend your birthday, than here at Disney World with me and my pals!
There are so many Disney friends that can't wait to meet you
and we have lots of fun things planned to help you celebrate your special day!
See ya real soon!

Love,
Mickey Mouse :mickeyjum

That sounds so cute! Just a note though - you might want to tell your daughter early in the day, so that she has time to think about it all day. If you tell her too close to bed, you might have a little girl who does not fall asleep for a very long time. I say this from experience.

If you wanted, you could get her a special order cake for her birthday delivered to the restaurant.

Ok I'm waffling... I am booked for 4 nights at AKL Kadani (wait listed CL Jambo). I have never stayed at Kadani this will be the first, I have stayed at Jambo lots of times. This trip is a NO parks trip (except for the day I'll spend at Epcot for the International Flower show for photos). Today I started to think hmmm (yes MM dangerous for me to think too!) about maybe BCV's.. so I called and they have the first 2 nights available...which then led me to think about SSR or OKW. So what would you do would you stick with the 4 nights at AKV or 2 nights BCV's 2 nights at AKV or 4 nights at SSR or OKW??? I'm really torn on what to do so as of now I'm staying where I am!

HELP!!! ADVICE!!!OPINIONS!!! Probably the wrong bunch of people to ask given the name of this thread... but I know several people here have done the split stay.. I actually just did a 3 way split stay so anyway advice please!!

~Nannette

I would definitely go with the split. Sounds like the best of both worlds.

We would be all over the AKL / BC split. Love them both. I'm thinking Boma and Jiko, then as piaxarmom says, an Epcot/Boardwalk smorgasbord. All this and your Yankee's too. Sounds great to me!

I would definitely go with the split. Sounds like the best of both worlds.

Thanks! I'm gonna call first thing in the morning and see if there is still availability. If so I'll take the first 2 days at BCV and the last 2 at AKV! Thanks for the help!

~Nannette

Sorry, Padawans - I just posted an answer for BC - forgot you're at YC! So I returned to delete/edit my not-so-relevant post. Hopefully someone else can help!

Thanks anyway. I should probably post my questions on the Club level thread. I'll have to search that one out. I'm going to keep trying to get gv cl at bc. You never know I may end up there.

Does booking a garden view at BC give you a better chance of getting a balcony?

All of the rooms have balconies, but the garden views will actually have a better view...as opposed to the standards, which have a luxurious view of the parking lot or something similar.

Does booking a garden view at BC give you a better chance of getting a balcony?

All of the rooms have balconies, but the garden views will actually have a better view...as opposed to the standards, which have a luxurious view of the parking lot or something similar.

Just to clarify- booking a garden view room AT CLUB LEVEL gives you an excellent chance at a full balcony- all of the rooms in that classification have full balconies. I could be mistaken, but I don't think that carries true throughout the non CL rooms at the resort. Some of the GV rooms at BC may have full balconies, some GV rooms at BC may have the smaller "Juliet" balconies, but I don't know the percentage of GV rooms with each type.

Rooms at YC, in all categories, have full balconies.

Does anyone know if you can request a rollaway in the one bedroom villa so that two people do not have to sleep on the pullout queen sofa bed? And, if this can be requested...is it guaranteed?

I didn't see if anyone answered this- I believe you can request a rollaway in the villas. I know DrMomof3 got a full sized crib when she requested one during her stay.

It should be free of charge, not sure that it is guaranteed. I think they are based upon availabilty. As long as the resort has some during your stay, it shouldn't be a problem.

Off to the Yacht Club for 2 week's 05/12-05/26 to celebrate my dad's 70th, which is on 05/25! Has anyone got any ideas about how to celebrate, but have to say the man is grumpier than Grumpy himself! Need to inject some Disney magic into him! Also will the Yacht Club see its his birthday while we are there and do something?

BUMP

Anyone have some fun ideas to help celebrate a 70th BD?

If you mentioned the birthday when you booked, it should be on your reservation. When you check in, ask for a birthday button for him. The resort may or may not do something special for him.

Ditto on restaurant reservations- if you made dining plans, they probably asked you if you are celebrating something special. Some restaurants may bring him a cupcake or special dessert with a candle, but again, we have found this hit or miss.

You can order a beautiful cake- you can get one that is custom-made, delicious and probably fairly pricey

We celebrated my mom's 80th birthday at Disey.

I ordered a specialty cake and also ordered a basket from Disney florist.
We noted her birthday on the reservtions and she received lots of cupcakes!
At that time you were still able to do the diver at Coral Reef with a birthday sign so that was another "surprise"!

Have a wonderful time!

Regular garden view rooms at the BC vary as far as the balcony. Many are full balconies and many are standing balconies only. If you want a full balcony, please call and put "full balcony requested" on your reservation. No guarantee but that helps the room assignor.

I didn't see if anyone answered this- I believe you can request a rollaway in the villas. I know DrMomof3 got a full sized crib when she requested one during her stay.

It should be free of charge, not sure that it is guaranteed. I think they are based upon availabilty. As long as the resort has some during your stay, it shouldn't be a problem.

There are "fire and safety rules" .... depending on the room, some rooms cannot have a rollaway in the Villas. That's why some people bring a blow up mattress with them.

I've got to stay away from reading other threads.

If I read one more thread of someone who got upgraded from the POR Princess room to TPV at the Poly, Lagoon view at GF and waterview at BC and then write how disappointed they are with Disney and shouldn't Disney give them even more I'll SCREAM!!!!!!

If I booked POR and someone gave me a free upgrade to BC, Poly or GF I'd be dancing on air.

We've gotten three free upgrades in our trips to Disney - once from a gv room at the Poly to a TPV room, one upgrade from a waterview room at BC to CL and once from a gv room at YC to CL. I felt like I'd won the lottery!!!!

There are "fire and safety rules" .... depending on the room, some rooms cannot have a rollaway in the Villas. That's why some people bring a blow up mattress with them.

Ok thank you both. To be on the safer side....I will bring the aero bed. I just have to decide if I want to bring it with me via plane or ship it ahead. I have never shipped anything ahead...I was wondering how that worked.

Also, since I have to buy one...we have a queen one at home and I only need the twin...I might see if Garden Grocer or wegoshop would get it and deliver to the resort. Has anyone done anything like this before?

If I read one more thread of someone who got upgraded from the POR Princess room to TPV at the Poly, Lagoon view at GF and waterview at BC and then write how disappointed they are with Disney and shouldn't Disney give them even more I'll SCREAM!!!!!!

If I booked POR and someone gave me a free upgrade to BC, Poly or GF I'd be dancing on air.

We've gotten three free upgrades in our trips to Disney - once from a gv room at the Poly to a TPV room, one upgrade from a waterview room at BC to CL and once from a gv room at YC to CL. I felt like I'd won the lottery!!!!

:thumbsup2

I saw your post & smiled, I've been watching the other threads too. I was waiting for that one very special poster to come along & brag once again how the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and then post all his lying cheating ways to get Poly TPV CL! And then I was going to open my mouth again!

I feel your pain! Here read this and you will feel better ;)

Two summers ago we stayed at CBR. I specifically requested a preferred room not near a smoking area (we paid for preferred). When we arrived we were placed near (but not on top of) a smoking bench on the pathway around the lake.

I called because I could "sort of" smell the smoke when I immediately walked outside. I just wanted to know if another room was available for us to move. The CBR was full...this was around 10 pm. BUT they offered me a room at the Grand Floridian :scared1:

Now here's what will make you feel better...my lovely family said "no". They liked CBR better! I wanted to cry....I almost went without them.:lmao:

Anyway, I think Disney does the best they can, if not better, when faced with an issue.

Thanks for the feedback! I will definitely have to tell DD early in the day.

I thought about telling her on the morning we leave but she is NOT a morning person and we have to be at the airport by 5am!

Just to clarify- booking a garden view room AT CLUB LEVEL gives you an excellent chance at a full balcony- all of the rooms in that classification have full balconies. I could be mistaken, but I don't think that carries true throughout the non CL rooms at the resort. Some of the GV rooms at BC may have full balconies, some GV rooms at BC may have the smaller "Juliet" balconies, but I don't know the percentage of GV rooms with each type.

So CL standard could have either type of balcony?

So sorry if this has been asked, I just could not find it. TIA

So CL standard could have either type of balcony?

So sorry if this has been asked, I just could not find it. TIA

Yes, a handful of CL standard rooms (and for that matter, a few CL waterview rooms) have the Juliet balconies. If you are staying CL in one of those view categories, you should add a request for "full balcony, please" if that is important to you.

If you go back to page 84, you will find what I (Natebenma) wrote about a SV CL room I really liked in 2010.

I have just been through the past 3 days of posts (12 pages).

I am adding the following posters to the Be Our Guest List:

WDWRocksMySocks
ClareH37
Lynne G
Momof2Disneyboys
mars315
EMH3kids

eeyoreland, minnietink, cjsmith- if you would like to be added please confirm the resort and dates of your stay.

and

:welcome:

Sure, you can add us. We'll be there March 15-21. Scared to death of spring break, but it was the only time that worked out for us this year. Our second visit to BC.

I wouldn't mind seeing pixarmom's Aaron Rodgers up against Tom Brady on February 5!

As a tried and true Packers fan, that unfortunately won't be happening. The season if officially over for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter