2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! I'm glad you all liked it! I'm really looking forward to it. It's so different from where we live (Washington State) and of course from the WL.

Is it a hassle to move bags? Does Disney do that for us or do we move them?

Everything I've read on various threads indicates that Disney will transport your bags between resorts, but I can't speak from experience. I'm sure someone else will confirm.

Always glad to see other DIS travelers from the Pacific Coast :goodvibes

Hello again! I am killing myself here with my indecision!!!

Once again I am thinking of changing my reservation back to the BC.
Recent not-so-great reviews of the POLY have me concerned about staying there. This trip is also a trip with my teen son, and his favourite parks are EPCOT and DHS....BC location would most likely work out best for our needs.

I know that SAB is having a slide refurbishment during the times we are to be there (FEB 5-10)....however, this might be a great time to get to try out the amazing Kiester Coaster slide at BWI! Another plus is the BC has a hot tub, which will definitely come in handy in FEB, I am sure!
I played with the package online tonight, and I know if I want to change, I will have to do it first thing tomorrow morning before they shut down the site for a couple days. If I change, another plus is we save $200.00.....while not a large amount, is at least a significant savings!

I hate second-guessing my choice, I hope that I can finally relax and begin to get excited about my resort choice!!! I think being addicted to this site and reading too much can sometimes be a downfall! I overthink things and it gets in the way of my planning! Much of our dining is also scheduled for EPCOT area, so the switch might be the best thing for our trip.

I am driving my son crazy with my indecision (I think he'd honestly be happy just staying at AKL again, [the only thing stopping me from that is the fact that I reaaaallly want to try somewhere different as this is my last trip for at least another 5 years!].....

I am holding off changing my ticker again until I make up my mind, but I truly am beginning to think the BC area offers us more convenience for this Mom and Son trip!

Thank you for listening, only here, do I know there are others who understand where I am coming from!!! :lovestruc

Hi Teena. I cannot get anything booked @ Cape May in early Dec. Any guess what wait times would be like for breakfast in the morning?

Well I got in Disney mode even more yesterday. My boss is looking at going next month (overlapping dates with my trip). He asked me to price his trip and look at dining for him. They have been only one time there and I helped them book it last year. No problem. Pay me to do Disney related stuff. He will be at a different resort. Needless to say I didn't book him any of the same dining as us.

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the YC. I do have to say that we prefer the BC more so than the YC. I don't know if it was the time of year or what, but we had a very hard time finding breakfast in the mornings. Beaches n Cream was open for breakfast over the summer, however, it was closed for breakfasts on this trip. If you don't have ADR's for Capt. Grille you'll be looking at a very long wait time. YC definitely needs a snackbar with a refillable mug station.

I'm still coughing a bit but feel pretty good. I'm looking forward to getting into the BC on Sunday!

And I was delighted that you were there on Sunday! How nice to finally meet you, Teena! :goodvibes

We had a wonderful stay at the BC. Our standard room was upgraded to a lovely waterview near the quiet pool. Here is the view from our patio doors:

1007001330-2.jpg

Service was outstanding, the room was clean and in a perfect location. We couldn't have asked for a better BC trip!

Hi Teena. I cannot get anything booked @ Cape May in early Dec. Any guess what wait times would be like for breakfast in the morning?

They normally take walk-ups and depending on your party size (4 or under) the wait isn't usually that bad (less than 30 minutes). I have seen times when they absolutely say no way but it's rare. First thing when it opens is usually a good time. Same with dinner. They open at 5 and if you are there at the podium at 4:45, you can usually get a walk-in for when it opens. The new reservation system is horrible and sometimes the Cape May manager will walk over to me and say they are wide open although the system wouldn't allow people to make reservations. He tells me to tell everybody that walks by that they can seat immediately.

Recent not-so-great reviews of the POLY have me concerned about staying there. This trip is also a trip with my teen son, and his favourite parks are EPCOT and DHS....BC location would most likely work out best for our needs.

I know that SAB is having a slide refurbishment during the times we are to be there (FEB 5-10)....however, this might be a great time to get to try out the amazing Kiester Coaster slide at BWI! Another plus is the BC has a hot tub, which will definitely come in handy in FEB, I am sure!
I played with the package online tonight, and I know if I want to change, I will have to do it first thing tomorrow morning before they shut down the site for a couple days. If I change, another plus is we save $200.00.....while not a large amount, is at least a significant savings!

I hate second-guessing my choice, I hope that I can finally relax and begin to get excited about my resort choice!!! I think being addicted to this site and reading too much can sometimes be a downfall! I overthink things and it gets in the way of my planning! Much of our dining is also scheduled for EPCOT area, so the switch might be the best thing for our trip.

I am driving my son crazy with my indecision (I think he'd honestly be happy just staying at AKL again, [the only thing stopping me from that is the fact that I reaaaallly want to try somewhere different as this is my last trip for at least another 5 years!].....

I am holding off changing my ticker again until I make up my mind, but I truly am beginning to think the BC area offers us more convenience for this Mom and Son trip!

Thank you for listening, only here, do I know there are others who understand where I am coming from!!! :lovestruc

Why not do half and half. Disney makes it easy to do a move and will transfer your luggage over. That way you can experience both resorts. Also, if you start at the Poly and absolutely hate it, you can always come on over and see one of our managers at the BC and tell them you are coming here on Tuesday and you are now at the Poly and you really do not like it and is there any chance you could come over now instead of waiting until Tuesday. If we have availability, our managers will definitely work with you. Of course, if we don't have availability, that's obviously not possible. If you do a half and half, when you are at the Poly you could do all your MK stuff and then once you come over to our side of WDW, you could do the Studios and Epcot.

Everything I've read on various threads indicates that Disney will transport your bags between resorts, but I can't speak from experience. I'm sure someone else will confirm.

Always glad to see other DIS travelers from the Pacific Coast :goodvibes

It's very easy. You check out of your first resort by 11 AM, tell Bell Services at your first resort you are moving to the Beach Club and want them to send over your bags. Then come on over and check into the BC and then hit the pool or Epcot or whatever. When you come back in the afternoon or early evening, go to your room, call Bell Services at the BC and tell them your bags were sent over from your first resort and would they please bring it up to your room. Easy as pie!

I am getting very excited for our December trip... not too much longer now. (I don't usually look forward to the winter, it's funny what a Disney trip can do!) Anyway, I was wondering if there are any rocking chairs at the BC. It is one of the only things that calms my one year old down and she has been known to sleep for a long time while rocking. :thumbsup2 I figure it would be nice to do while DH is at the other parks with the older girls. TIA for the help.

On the back porch.

I think you should switch!! But, I did read Teena's suggestion and I have to agree with her! Start at the Poly,then move. That way you will know what you prefer...but with the other 2 parks being his favorite, it really makes sense to be on the Epcot side...we lOOOOOVE being close to Epcot. We love the Theme Park View at the Contemporary if we are gonna be staying near MK, and the BC for the Epcot area...I do not think you would be disappointed...I was probably one of the ones who gave you a not-so-glowing-review of the Poly...but, BC is thumbs up all the way!!!!

Hi there,

Just wanted to say that we will be back at our favorite resort area in May :cool1:. We had stayed at BC last December and LOVED it, BC has become my family's all time favorite deluxe resort. I used to think that the Poly was my favorite, but after staying at the BC, it by far succeeds over the Poly with the location, pool, very friendly service, plus one of our favorite character breakfasts are right there. When we are back in the world in May, we will be staying at the BCV in a studio. We had recently bought into DVC and even though our home resort is at BLT, we knew we wanted to go back to our favorite resort area instead :cool1:. So we will be there from 5/5/11-5/14/11 and plan on spending lots and lots of time at SAB and going to Beaches and Cream for my favorite No Way Jose sundae :goodvibes. We cannot wait!!!!!

Hi there,

Just wanted to say that we will be back at our favorite resort area in May :cool1:. We had stayed at BC last December and LOVED it, BC has become my family's all time favorite deluxe resort. I used to think that the Poly was my favorite, but after staying at the BC, it by far succeeds over the Poly with the location, pool, very friendly service, plus one of our favorite character breakfasts are right there. When we are back in the world in May, we will be staying at the BCV in a studio. We had recently bought into DVC and even though our home resort is at BLT, we knew we wanted to go back to our favorite resort area instead :cool1:. So we will be there from 5/5/11-5/14/11 and plan on spending lots and lots of time at SAB and going to Beaches and Cream for my favorite No Way Jose sundae :goodvibes. We cannot wait!!!!!

So glad you got a reservation at the BCV. One of the complaints I hear the most is that people who do not have BCV as their home resort cannot get into the BCV. Our friends' home resort is AKL and they have been trying for two years without success to get at the BCV. So congrats!!! And you are so right, No Way Jose is sooooooo good!

Where would you recomend for a basic eggs and toast budget type breakfast on the morning of Sat, Oct 23? We are staying at the YC but do not have any ADR's...Does anywhere on the boardwalk serve breakfast?

Thanks!

Why not do half and half. Disney makes it easy to do a move and will transfer your luggage over. That way you can experience both resorts. Also, if you start at the Poly and absolutely hate it, you can always come on over and see one of our managers at the BC and tell them you are coming here on Tuesday and you are now at the Poly and you really do not like it and is there any chance you could come over now instead of waiting until Tuesday. If we have availability, our managers will definitely work with you. Of course, if we don't have availability, that's obviously not possible. If you do a half and half, when you are at the Poly you could do all your MK stuff and then once you come over to our side of WDW, you could do the Studios and Epcot.

Hi Teena :goodvibes That sounds lovely, but the problem is....this is a short trip (5 nights in Disney) and I am on the dining plan....I don't want to buy an extra day's ticket to do the split stay thing. I did switch back today :lovestruc and I hope to stop by and say HI when we are there, as well I will be PM'ing you again for my button :) (We check in Feb 5-10th)
I am done second-guessing and will just stay put at the Beach Club. I am sure my son will love it there. Do you know if they are still doing the 24 hr. lounge access for the Club Lounge??? We are staying Garden view club level, so my only requests will be Close to Lobby and full balcony please!
Looking forward to our stay!:goodvibes

Thanks for all your help, and I hope to get the chance to meet you when I am there.

Marie :flower3:

Where would you recomend for a basic eggs and toast budget type breakfast on the morning of Sat, Oct 23? We are staying at the YC but do not have any ADR's...Does anywhere on the boardwalk serve breakfast?

Thanks!

What about Captain's Grille? Perhaps that was already discussed. If so, I'm sorry, work was very busy, and I need me some greyhound time to recharge. Kouzzina is a BW option, though the budget thing...We liked the Boardwalk bakery, for breakfast sandwiches. Big enough to share!

Hi Teena :goodvibes That sounds lovely, but the problem is....this is a short trip (5 nights in Disney) and I am on the dining plan....I don't want to buy an extra day's ticket to do the split stay thing. I did switch back today :lovestruc and I hope to stop by and say HI when we are there, as well I will be PM'ing you again for my button :) (We check in Feb 5-10th)
I am done second-guessing and will just stay put at the Beach Club. I am sure my son will love it there. Do you know if they are still doing the 24 hr. lounge access for the Club Lounge??? We are staying Garden view club level, so my only requests will be Close to Lobby and full balcony please!
Looking forward to our stay!:goodvibes

Thanks for all your help, and I hope to get the chance to meet you when I am there.

Marie :flower3:

The 24 hour lounge is a trial. It could end tonight or go on for six more months. The more people that like it and tell managers and mention it on the two exit surveys ... that will be the thing that decides when or if it will end.

I just saw that we will be there during that week and I was reading about how bad they were does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there a chance they will end up at the BC? Do they go to the VMCP we are going the 9th so I'm worried it's going to be crowded

I just saw that we will be there during that week and I was reading about how bad they were does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there a chance they will end up at the BC? Do they go to the VMCP we are going the 9th so I'm worried it's going to be crowded

They are at every resort at WDW but most of the kids are at the moderates and value resorts. We get group officials mostly.

What about Captain's Grille? Perhaps that was already discussed. If so, I'm sorry, work was very busy, and I need me some greyhound time to recharge. Kouzzina is a BW option, though the budget thing...We liked the Boardwalk bakery, for breakfast sandwiches. Big enough to share!

Breakfast sandwiches from the boardwalk bakery sounds like just the ticket! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter