2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the mattress new at YC? Are they comfortable? We stayed at AKL and beds was horrible but we stayed at GF and beds were comfortable (for anyone that stayed at YC and GF please share experience with beds).

Are the bedsheet good, AKL bedsheets was rough.
Thank you...my husband is asking me to switch to Swan b/c of his horrible experience with the beds at AKL

Anyone? Please tell me its comfortable and I can just relax.
Thank you

Anyone? Please tell me its comfortable and I can just relax.
Thank you

The new beds at BC are really great, I presume these are the same at YC. New mattresses as of the renovations within the past year or two. Much improved over the previous bedding!! We have also stayed at AKL and the new bedding at Y&BC is really great, no worries. :thumbsup2

Can a microwave be requested in the room at the Yacht Club? I am getting a cm saying that we cannot request one but she didn't seem too sure herself.

I know that I have read they are available at the Polynesian but haven't paid attention if they were available at other resorts. Since the YC doesn't have a food court we don't have that option

Thanks

We have never requested one, but the information previously from this thread and others states you can indeed request a micorwave. Hopefully someone will chime in with 100% assurance on this.

Hi we are coming in six days and I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the t-shirt activity? I think it is t-dying. Do you have to bring your own shirt and how much does it cost? Do they know how to make those cool mickey head t-dye t-shirts? Any info. would be much appreciated:thumbsup2

They are running a test up on club level. The lounge will now be open with drinks and snacks all night long. So at 2 AM if you want a soda or iced tea, go for it! The lounge will still be closed during "change overs" but CMs are suppose to get you anything you need or would like during those few times that the lounge is closed for cleaning and change of items - JUST ASK! For those of you that are on club level, please, if you like this change, then make sure you tell a manager. Seek them out! Whether they are upstairs on the 5th floor or whether you need to find them in/around the lobby, make sure you let them know you like it. I have no idea how long this test period will last.

This is great news. We are staying CL next week. Do you think that the test will still be running then?

They are running a test up on club level. The lounge will now be open with drinks and snacks all night long. So at 2 AM if you want a soda or iced tea, go for it! The lounge will still be closed during "change overs" but CMs are suppose to get you anything you need or would like during those few times that the lounge is closed for cleaning and change of items - JUST ASK! For those of you that are on club level, please, if you like this change, then make sure you tell a manager. Seek them out! Whether they are upstairs on the 5th floor or whether you need to find them in/around the lobby, make sure you let them know you like it. I have no idea how long this test period will last.

WOW!!! Does that mean coffee at 4:30 AM??? That is fantastic news!!!

Hopefully they will still be offering in 31 days when we arrive. :cool1: I am early riser and DH is not except the day he has to take DS to TL for surfing lesson that start at 6:30am :eek: He already asked where he can get coffee.:lmao: We will be sure to let manager know if it is.

I don't know much about the Quiet Pools. Is there one QP, 2 (Yacht and Beach) or 3 (one at the Villas too)?

I believe they are open 24 hours a day.

Lifeguard at any time?

Anything else I should know about them?

Are there Hot Tubs anywhere in either SAB or the Quiet Pools? Where?

Thanks!!!

The hot tub is right next to the quiet pool at the BC. There are no lifeguards. Open 24/7. There are rest rooms there as well as a nice laundry facility. They play nice soothing music. Like you would hear during a massage.

That sounds wonderful!! I am an early riser and waiting until 7am for the lounge to open would have been hard. Plus I can take photos without annoying people if I go really, really early in the AM! :thumbsup2

Cool! :cool1:

We are currently booked at the Polynesian (club level) for our December trip (9-15). It's me, my husband and our three-year-old son (soon to be 4 by then).

Anyway, we booked the Polynesian for one reason: monorail and the proximity to the Magic Kingdom. But I've been very, very worried about reports I've read here, and elsewhere, about room condition at the Polynesian. Some pictures I see look very nice (but not great) but others do make it look very beat-up and, I gotta' be honest, if we pay $500 a night I'm expecting better than Motel 6 upkeep.

I've never stayed at a Disney World Resort and we haven't visited the "the World" for 15+ years, but the last time I was there, near Christmas too, I said I'd want to stay at Beach and Yacht Club because it looked so lovely. Popping into this thread and reading the rooms were recently renovated makes it VERY tempting and I'm thisclose to switching our reservations.

Swimming probably won't be a big issue since it will be December and we're warm-blooded Southerners (with a backyard pool of our own), so 75 degrees is NOT swimming weather for us.

My fear is that with a young one much of our time will be spent in the Magic Kingdom and we'll regret being away from the monorail. (Did I mention my son, a train freak, is also dying to ride it? Seriously he asks DAILY about the monorail ... and at this point he's only seen it in pictures.) And it's likely Epcot may hold the least appeal for one so young. How long does it take to get from Beach Club to Magic Kingdom and by what means?

We will have a rental car, but I was hoping to use that only occasionally. My son, an early riser, does not nap (and hasn't for YEARS already) but we will definitely need mid-day breaks to (hopefully) prevent overload and cranky explosions and we'll probably be done for the day (sleeping) by 9, at the latest, just about every night. So, umm, "nightlife," is not required. ;-)

So, you guys are the Yacht and Beach Club experts, would we regret switching? I mean, I think Yacht and Beach is much more my husband and I's style (to me the Polynesian looks very Brady Bunch) but, let's face it, this trip is mostly about our son.

All advice appreciated! And, yes, I know it's a (very rare) vacation and I should just relax and enjoy it and I swear I will ... Once I get it all planned and finalized.

Hi we are coming in six days and I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the t-shirt activity? I think it is t-dying. Do you have to bring your own shirt and how much does it cost? Do they know how to make those cool mickey head t-dye t-shirts? Any info. would be much appreciated:thumbsup2

Any info.?

We are currently booked at the Polynesian (club level) for our December trip (9-15). It's me, my husband and our three-year-old son (soon to be 4 by then).

Anyway, we booked the Polynesian for one reason: monorail and the proximity to the Magic Kingdom. But I've been very, very worried about reports I've read here, and elsewhere, about room condition at the Polynesian. Some pictures I see look very nice (but not great) but others do make it look very beat-up and, I gotta' be honest, if we pay $500 a night I'm expecting better than Motel 6 upkeep.

I've never stayed at a Disney World Resort and we haven't visited the "the World" for 15+ years, but the last time I was there, near Christmas too, I said I'd want to stay at Beach and Yacht Club because it looked so lovely. Popping into this thread and reading the rooms were recently renovated makes it VERY tempting and I'm thisclose to switching our reservations.

Swimming probably won't be a big issue since it will be December and we're warm-blooded Southerners (with a backyard pool of our own), so 75 degrees is NOT swimming weather for us.

My fear is that with a young one much of our time will be spent in the Magic Kingdom and we'll regret being away from the monorail. (Did I mention my son, a train freak, is also dying to ride it? Seriously he asks DAILY about the monorail ... and at this point he's only seen it in pictures.) And it's likely Epcot may hold the least appeal for one so young. How long does it take to get from Beach Club to Magic Kingdom and by what means?

We will have a rental car, but I was hoping to use that only occasionally. My son, an early riser, does not nap (and hasn't for YEARS already) but we will definitely need mid-day breaks to (hopefully) prevent overload and cranky explosions and we'll probably be done for the day (sleeping) by 9, at the latest, just about every night. So, umm, "nightlife," is not required. ;-)

So, you guys are the Yacht and Beach Club experts, would we regret switching? I mean, I think Yacht and Beach is much more my husband and I's style (to me the Polynesian looks very Brady Bunch) but, let's face it, this trip is mostly about our son.

All advice appreciated! And, yes, I know it's a (very rare) vacation and I should just relax and enjoy it and I swear I will ... Once I get it all planned and finalized.

If your son is that jazzed for the monorail, I personally would stick with the Poly. Try YC/BC next time.

The new beds at BC are really great, I presume these are the same at YC. New mattresses as of the renovations within the past year or two. Much improved over the previous bedding!! We have also stayed at AKL and the new bedding at Y&BC is really great, no worries. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much. I so glad to read your post.

We stayed at the BC in 2008 and will be returning in 2 weeks! When we stayed last time we were in a room (on the 3rd floor) facing the quiet pool, full balcony and as close to Epcot as you can get. I can't recall the room #, but would love the same room or one very close to it. Does anyone know what room #'s to request? Thanks!

Originally Posted by disneysmyhappyplace
Hi we are coming in six days and I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the t-shirt activity? I think it is t-dying. Do you have to bring your own shirt and how much does it cost? Do they know how to make those cool mickey head t-dye t-shirts? Any info. would be much appreciated

According to Recreation Schedule I have for July 2010:

Monday, 2:45 Mickey's T-Shirt Tie Dye
Friday, 2:45
Join us on the pool deck to make a Groovy souvenir to take home. Prices and options to be announced. All ages.

Not sure if the days are the same for August or beyond. Anyone just back still have their Rec. Schedule?

I can't imagine that they expect people to be prepared enough to bring their own shirts, so I imagine that part of the price TBA includes the purchase of a shirt.

We stayed at the BC in 2008 and will be returning in 2 weeks! When we stayed last time we were in a room (on the 3rd floor) facing the quiet pool, full balcony and as close to Epcot as you can get. I can't recall the room #, but would love the same room or one very close to it. Does anyone know what room #'s to request? Thanks!

According to Teena, a greeter at the BC and a frequent contributor to this forum (she is our resident expert):

It is usually not a good idea to request specific room numbers and instead word your request according to the priorities you have for the room. If you request a room number or block of numbers, if none are available the day you are checking in and for the length of your stay, the room assignors will not know which features are most important to you.

So you would be best to word your request something like "Full balcony, facing quiet pool, close to EPCOT, upper floor/third floor please"

If one of these requests is more important than the others, then you should list that as your first request "Full balcony please. Prefer upper floor, facing quiet pool, close to EPCOT"

It is probably best for you to avoid doing the on-line check in. When you check-in in person, you can ask where your room is and if you are not satisfied ask if there is anything available that suits your needs. They will do their best to make you happy.

The closest room to EPCOT is room 1501. So maybe the room you stayed in was something like 3501- something. Again, not a great idea to request by room numbers. But it IS helpful to know that room number if you are looking to reduce outside steps to/from EPCOT if it is raining or wicked hot.

Originally Posted by disneysmyhappyplace
Hi we are coming in six days and I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the t-shirt activity? I think it is t-dying. Do you have to bring your own shirt and how much does it cost? Do they know how to make those cool mickey head t-dye t-shirts? Any info. would be much appreciated

According to Recreation Schedule I have for July 2010:

Monday, 2:45 Mickey's T-Shirt Tie Dye
Friday, 2:45
Join us on the pool deck to make a Groovy souvenir to take home. Prices and options to be announced. All ages.

Not sure if the days are the same for August or beyond. Anyone just back still have their Rec. Schedule?

I can't imagine that they expect people to be prepared enough to bring their own shirts, so I imagine that part of the price TBA includes the purchase of a shirt.

Thanks so much for the info. I have been trying to get info. on this activity for a while. It must not be that popular?

Just a quick questions we are staying in the Villas not using points will there be shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the room. We are trying to do carry on and need to know what I don't have to bring Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter