2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I will keep it at 4+ (the + is explained in the listing)

Just one more question (at least for now). Should the rooms at Club Level at YC and BC be listed as Water View Club Level, Water or Pool View Club Level or Lagoon View Club Level? They are listed as Water or Pool View for the regular rooms.

Since the resort is going through all of the trouble of reclassifying , I would like to make sure I get the listings as accurate as possible.

And thanks to everyone for your pictures and feedback. I really had a great starting point with all of the information and links on the previous thread, but I am so glad to see pictures again!

BC in order of pricing (lowest to highest):
Standard View
Garden View
Water or Pool View
Standard View Club Level
Garden View Club Level
Deluxe Room Club Level (not on 5th floor)
Lagoon View Club Level
1 Bedroom Suite Club Level (not on 5th floor)
2 Bedroom Suite Club Level (not on 5th floor)
Vice Presidential Suite - Club Level
Presidential Suite - Club Level

I'm not sure of the exact wording for the new categories at the YC. I can't get them to pull up on the website either. However, I believe they will be:

Standard View
Garden View
Water or Pool View
Standard View Club Level
Garden View Club Level
Deluxe Room Club Level
Lagoon View Club Level
Various 2 Bedroom Suite Club Level (some plain two bedroom suites and some turret suites, and an Admiral Suite and a Captain's Deck Suite)
Vice Presidential Suite - Club Level
Presidential Suite - Club Level
I'm not sure of the maximum number of guests in these rooms ... it's the dark side and I try to stay over on the light side as much as possible.:cool1:

Has anyone been to the BCV over Christmas? If so, do you mind sharing your dining plans that you had the day or two before and day of? And any suggestions?

We have Flying Fish, Le Cellier, and Narcosse's as it is now for the 23-25. The first two are for all of us, but the Narcossee one is on Christmas day evening for just my hubby and me. We originally were thinking that we'd book the kids in the Sandcastle Club and head over to Narcossee for Surf and Turf. We've never been there - had reservations on the day of our 10th anniversary last Thanksgiving, but were too pooped from the week preceding at the parks to go, so we put the kids in the kids' club at WLV where we were and ordered room service in our villa as our treat, lol.

I *really* want to try Narcossee, but I worry about being pooped again on Christmas evening as it's towards the end of our trip, plus I kinda wonder about how crazy crowded transportation and everything will be that day. I'm kinda wondering if we should just do Flying Fish (or Cape May, which we have scheduled earlier that week) on Christmas and move Narcossee up a few days...

sorry thinking outloud, but would love to hear if anyone has been over Christmas and what your dining plans were...

thank you!!!!!

I don't know much about the Quiet Pools. Is there one QP, 2 (Yacht and Beach) or 3 (one at the Villas too)?

I believe they are open 24 hours a day.

Lifeguard at any time?

Anything else I should know about them?

Are there Hot Tubs anywhere in either SAB or the Quiet Pools? Where?

Thanks!!!

I have a dumb question - we just decided last night we'd stay at YC or BC for our family vacation (in 3 years haha) instead of WL - now how do you decide between the YC and the BC? So far the only difference I see is the color of the buildings? Am I missing something?

Same resort, same management, same everything except the decor. SAB might be a few steps closer to YC. BC is a few steps closer to IG. BC has Marketplace. YC saves a few steps to the shuttle boat. Really gets down to being in the BC which might be a little lighter and a little noisier or the "dark side" with a little more quiet. Oh, by the way, with the BC you have a 50/50 shot at a full balcony while the YC you are almost certain to get one if that is important to you.

When was this resort last renovated? When I look at pics I see wood headboards with white spreads and some brass with pink and green. We have a standard view room what should we expect to have in our room?

Not sure where you are going with this question, but both sides have been fully renovated within the last two years (started in late 2008, ended in mid-2009). The BC lobby just got some new furniture within the last week.

I don't know much about the Quiet Pools. Is there one QP, 2 (Yacht and Beach) or 3 (one at the Villas too)? I believe they are open 24 hours a day. Lifeguard at any time? Anything else I should know about them? Are there Hot Tubs anywhere in either SAB or the Quiet Pools? Where? Thanks!!!

Dee, you are really into this upgrade of the board. You are doing a great job. I see two quiet pools on the site map I have, one for YC one for BC. Both open 24/7 from what I remember. No lifeguards with the quiet pools. Not sure about the hot tubs at these but you do have the ones at SAB over by the ping pong tables.

It wasn't really a false alarm. There was no fire but an electrical panel behind some wall or something set it off. It could have been serious had an alarm not gone off and they found what it was. We do not ever have drills where guests are evacuated. So if an alarm goes off, leave immediately ... it is not a drill. Something is definitely wrong. Thank goodness it turned out okay.

Problem with fire alarms is that they are too often ignored because they are too often false alarms. Happens all the time with the system at the office. Happens to me at hotels where guests have had one too many and trip an alarm on purpose at 2 in the morning.

Glad to hear that dinner went well. How's the DIS meets going? I'm betting they are keeping you busy.

Dee, you are really into this upgrade of the board. You are doing a great job. I see two quiet pools on the site map I have, one for YC one for BC. Both open 24/7 from what I remember. No lifeguards with the quiet pools. Not sure about the hot tubs at these but you do have the ones at SAB over by the ping pong tables.

I think there is one at BC villas too. There are 2 hot tubs up in the "rocks" by the walkway near the buildings. i may have pictures i can dig up...

great job getting the threat up again:goodvibes

Has anyone been to the BCV over Christmas? If so, do you mind sharing your dining plans that you had the day or two before and day of? And any suggestions?

We have Flying Fish, Le Cellier, and Narcosse's as it is now for the 23-25. The first two are for all of us, but the Narcossee one is on Christmas day evening for just my hubby and me. We originally were thinking that we'd book the kids in the Sandcastle Club and head over to Narcossee for Surf and Turf. We've never been there - had reservations on the day of our 10th anniversary last Thanksgiving, but were too pooped from the week preceding at the parks to go, so we put the kids in the kids' club at WLV where we were and ordered room service in our villa as our treat, lol.

I *really* want to try Narcossee, but I worry about being pooped again on Christmas evening as it's towards the end of our trip, plus I kinda wonder about how crazy crowded transportation and everything will be that day. I'm kinda wondering if we should just do Flying Fish (or Cape May, which we have scheduled earlier that week) on Christmas and move Narcossee up a few days...

sorry thinking outloud, but would love to hear if anyone has been over Christmas and what your dining plans were...

thank you!!!!!

We've been at WDW over Christmas including one trip that started at BCV, then GF and finished back at BCV. I would skip traveling to Narcoossee's on Christmas Day unless you will have a car. Even then, it could be a pain. Flying Fish is a great alternative. We loved doing the Candlelight Processional on Christmas Day. We did the dining package which allows you to enter the pavilion ahead of those without tickets. Wonderful experience. BTW, Narcoossee's usually has a special menu with "special" pricing on Christmas Day.

Dee, you are doing a fantastic job. BCV does have a "quiet" pool as well as a whirlpool. SAB has whirlpools as well and I'm pretty certain both the YC and BC quiet pools do as well. Someone else can confirm that.

No lifeguards ever at the quiet pools.

BCV does have posted hours. Never noticed them until Sammie mentioned it on the DIS one time. I think it's 7aam-11pm but don't remember for certain.

Thanks Katesdad and everyone for the encouraging feedback! I'm sure this will come as a shock, but I am a bit of a perfectionist :rolleyes1
I also love to edit in my spare time! A little sick, I know.

I just noticed this description of the Yacht Club this morning. I didn't write it. An attempt to combat the "dark side" reputation?

Classic surroundings capture the essence of a New England yacht club at this upscale resort. Its comfy chairs, hardwood floors and shafts of sunlight streaming into a welcoming lobby invite you to linger.

I don't know much about the Quiet Pools. Is there one QP, 2 (Yacht and Beach) or 3 (one at the Villas too)?

I believe they are open 24 hours a day.

Lifeguard at any time?

Anything else I should know about them?

Are there Hot Tubs anywhere in either SAB or the Quiet Pools? Where?

Thanks!!!

Each resort has a quiet pool with hot tub. There are 3. No lifeguards. They are open 24/7.

Problem with fire alarms is that they are too often ignored because they are too often false alarms. Happens all the time with the system at the office. Happens to me at hotels where guests have had one too many and trip an alarm on purpose at 2 in the morning.

Glad to hear that dinner went well. How's the DIS meets going? I'm betting they are keeping you busy.

Only had that one meet scheduled definitely. I'm hoping someone lets me know if another one gets scheduled.

For the information page at the beginning:

Martha's Vineyard now opens at 5 PM (to coincide with Cape May's new opening hour of 5 PM).

The Presidential Suite at the BC has changed it's beds. The master suite has a king, the second bedroom has two doubles and a study with a daybed, so it will sleep 7.

For the information page at the beginning:

Martha's Vineyard now opens at 5 PM (to coincide with Cape May's new opening hour of 5 PM).

The Presidential Suite at the BC has changed it's beds. The master suite has a king, the second bedroom has two doubles and a study with a daybed, so it will sleep 7.

Thanks! I will make those changes and please keep them coming. I think the links to the restaurant menus disappeared, so I will have to add those back in.

They are running a test up on club level. The lounge will now be open with drinks and snacks all night long. So at 2 AM if you want a soda or iced tea, go for it! The lounge will still be closed during "change overs" but CMs are suppose to get you anything you need or would like during those few times that the lounge is closed for cleaning and change of items - JUST ASK! For those of you that are on club level, please, if you like this change, then make sure you tell a manager. Seek them out! Whether they are upstairs on the 5th floor or whether you need to find them in/around the lobby, make sure you let them know you like it. I have no idea how long this test period will last.

They are running a test up on club level. The lounge will now be open with drinks and snacks all night long. So at 2 AM if you want a soda or iced tea, go for it! The lounge will still be closed during "change overs" but CMs are suppose to get you anything you need or would like during those few times that the lounge is closed for cleaning and change of items - JUST ASK! For those of you that are on club level, please, if you like this change, then make sure you tell a manager. Seek them out! Whether they are upstairs on the 5th floor or whether you need to find them in/around the lobby, make sure you let them know you like it. I have no idea how long this test period will last.

WOW!!! Does that mean coffee at 4:30 AM??? That is fantastic news!!!

WOW, I hope this is something that stays around since my trip is still over a year away. I am a HORRIBLE:scared1: sleeper and it's even worse when I'm not at home. This would give me somewhere to go in the middle of the night when everyone else is sleeping and I'm laying there wide awake. It's either that or the lobby:)

Laurie:goodvibes

Can a microwave be requested in the room at the Yacht Club? I am getting a cm saying that we cannot request one but she didn't seem too sure herself.

I know that I have read they are available at the Polynesian but haven't paid attention if they were available at other resorts. Since the YC doesn't have a food court we don't have that option

Thanks

Teena, Is this at the YC also?

Dee, just wanted to say how great this thread is. You have done a fantastic job!!! I will be at the Yc in just 5 days and will try to get some pictures for you. Thank you again for the wonderful information you are providing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter