2010 S.S. Members (DVC) Cruise - We Can Call In!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDogHU75

DIS Veteran
I was on the Members Cruise this year. I plan to be up bright and early to call in exactly at 9:00 a.m. on November 7. Is anyone else planning on calling in or is already booked? I know at least one person from the cruise thread last year is already booked.

Cruise Meet Thread:
2010 SS Members Cruise Meet Thread

I was on the Members Cruise this year. I plan to be up bright and early to call in exactly at 9:00 a.m. on November 7. Is anyone else planning on calling in or is already booked? I know at least one person from the cruise thread last year is already booked.
Sorry, what's the "S S Members Cruise'?

Hi Marsha and Everyone

I was on the members cruise this year too and I will be up bright and early with all my cell phones charged and lots of coffee ready.

Thank you Marsha for starting this thread.:thumbsup2

We're going to wait for 2011. Good luck with the dialing and have a great trip! :)

We will be dialing in as well and hoping we aren't on the phone for 4 hrs........Same day as my besties baby shower..............

We will be dialing in as well and hoping we aren't on the phone for 4 hrs........Same day as my besties baby shower..............

Hi and welcome. Have you ever been on a members cruise? If we get through on the call in....this will be our 3rd. We went in 2008 and 2009.

We are planning on going. :thumbsup2

Hi and welcome. Have your cell phones charged and coffee ready. Looking forward to the call in. Have you been on a members cruise?

Have a great day..

Hi Marsha and Everyone

I was on the members cruise this year too and I will be up bright and early with all my cell phones charged and lots of coffee ready.

Thank you Marsha for starting this thread.:thumbsup2
You're welcome. I saw that people were asking about when I thread would start up so I decided to start one. It was so much fun chatting and while dialing in and finding out what rooms people were able to book.

If you are the phone right at 9:00 eastern, it should not take 4 hours - hopefully.

We are planning on going. :thumbsup2
pixiedust: to you on call in day.

any ballpark ideas of how much the Member cruise costs?
Cat. 11 & 12 - 120 points per person - $902 per person
Cat. 10 - 128 points - $948
Cat 9 - 135 pts - $972
Cat. 8 - 148 pts - $1019
Cat. 7 - 168 pts - $1125
Cat. 6 - 179 pts. = $1188
Cat. 5 - 187 - $1236
Cat. 4 - 214 - $1427
Cat. 3 - 234 - $1660
3rd/4th Adult (ages 13 & up) 86 $589
3rd/4th Child (ages 6 - 12) 78 $542
3rd/4th Child (ages 3 - 5) 77 $528
3rd/4th Child (ages 2 & under) 17 $182

This would be our first member cruise.....we bought in June 2008 and somehow missed the info on the 2009 member cruise. I hope it won't take too long to get through....

This would be our first member cruise.....we bought in June 2008 and somehow missed the info on the 2009 member cruise. I hope it won't take too long to get through....

Last year was on the phone and on the '09 Members cruise thread right at 9:00 a.m. I had my cell phone and my house. I would call the 800 number on one and the 407 number on the other. The first time I got through I hung up because I did not hear anything. But, then someone on the boar said that sometimes DVC will pick up but all you hear is dead air so hang on. I was blessed to get through quickly. The whole process took about 1 hour and 15 minutes for me. We booked a category 8 room - room # 7014.

pixiedust: to all who are calling in.

Morning Marsha and Monika!

Good luck calling in!

To any one new you will have a great time.

I meet some life long friends on the cruise.

Hi Flo

Thanks for wishing us luck for call in day.

We had a great time on our last members cruise. I met some life long friends too.

Come back and chat with us again.

We were thinking about it, but can't manage two cross country flights two months apart with two small children.

Last year was on the phone and on the '09 Members cruise thread right at 9:00 a.m. I had my cell phone and my house. I would call the 800 number on one and the 407 number on the other. The first time I got through I hung up because I did not hear anything. But, then someone on the boar said that sometimes DVC will pick up but all you hear is dead air so hang on. I was blessed to get through quickly. The whole process took about 1 hour and 15 minutes for me. We booked a category 8 room - room # 7014.

pixiedust: to all who are calling in.

So I am having a me moment.......:rolleyes1.......I know the 800 DVC number but what is the 407 one? We will be out of town so we will have both cell phones going....

So I am having a me moment.......:rolleyes1.......I know the 800 DVC number but what is the 407 one? We will be out of town so we will have both cell phones going....

Hi Teresa,

Both are member service numbers.
I sent you the 407 number through PM (private message).
You can go to dvcmember.com for the reservation points charts, things to know before you call and other booking information.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

I would love to do this cruise what are the benefits of it as opposed to a regular cruise? The only thing stopping me is the fact that it is a shorter cruise!!

Morning Marsha and Monika!

Good luck calling in!

To any one new you will have a great time.

I meet some life long friends on the cruise.

Hi Flo! Thanks for the well wishes. You will be missed on the upcoming cruise. Please continue to stop by and say hello.

I would love to do this cruise what are the benefits of it as opposed to a regular cruise? The only thing stopping me is the fact that it is a shorter cruise!!

One of the biggest benefits for us was the people we met. Another was the discounts on points. We were able to purchase some additional points at AKV with a huge discount. It was better than purchasing through resale.

On this cruise, the gratuities are included. You get special gifts everyday and there are supposed to be special guests on the cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter