2010 Armed Forces Salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone booking our reservation. I had a PIN code for 35% off a mod and when I told the CM I was going to use the military ticket promotion for our tickets, so I only needed a room booked. He told me about a new offer they just released today, but only since I had mentioned being military (DH).

It is 40% off a room AND we can add the DDP to it!!!!! No need to purchase the full price tickets to get this. YIPEE!!! I am sooo excited. We weren't going to do the DPP and just pay out of pocket, so this is even better (plus the extra room discount). I don't know the dates this is valid for. We are going at the end of April

So if you are booking anytime soon, be sure to mention that you are using military discount ticket promotion. You do have to present military ID when checking in, so you can't book for someone else using this offer. I just have to share with my DIS family.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We will be there at the end of April, too! Does the 40% apply to all resorts across the board or only to certain categories (i.e. deluxe)? Now we may have to think about the DDP too. I thought I had all my plans made :surfweb: Now I may have to spend more time planning!! : )

We are a family of 5 including my husband who is retired from the Navy. Can we get a ticket for our son's friend with this special? Or does he have to be a family member? Thanks
Yes, you can. The military member can purchase up to 5 tickets for Friends and Family.

I hope we can get SOG it looks like it will be open just gotta get the leave! I'm excited because it will be our second time going. Hopefully this year it doesn't rain the whole time we are at the parks!

We will be there at the end of April, too! Does the 40% apply to all resorts across the board or only to certain categories (i.e. deluxe)? Now we may have to think about the DDP too. I thought I had all my plans made :surfweb: Now I may have to spend more time planning!! : )

I don't know as I didn't ask about the other resorts. I didn't want to "confuse" myself and question our resort decision (we stayed at the Poly in Sept for a side trip and LOVED it). I would be interested to hear if it is all resorts though................. I'm just excited that we were able to add the DDP. Now we can do more character meals than what I had originally thought we would.

I just called and booked the military discount for June 17th-27th...I take my board exams on the 16th! it was 40% off at the POP, and I got a quote for 1200 bucks for a moderate for the 10 nights as well. So I think it includes lots of resorts.

It does include all the resorts, even the deluxe. I had to call back to make dining reservations and found out they had us at POR rather than POFQ. I did ask if the discount was across the board and it is.

I just got off the phone booking our reservation. I had a PIN code for 35% off a mod and when I told the CM I was going to use the military ticket promotion for our tickets, so I only needed a room booked. He told me about a new offer they just released today, but only since I had mentioned being military (DH).

It is 40% off a room AND we can add the DDP to it!!!!! No need to purchase the full price tickets to get this. YIPEE!!! I am sooo excited. We weren't going to do the DPP and just pay out of pocket, so this is even better (plus the extra room discount). I don't know the dates this is valid for. We are going at the end of April

So if you are booking anytime soon, be sure to mention that you are using military discount ticket promotion. You do have to present military ID when checking in, so you can't book for someone else using this offer. I just have to share with my DIS family.

Thank you for posting!! WE just called and got the same deal--40% off of our room at Poly CL over July4th. :cool1::woohoo::dance3::cheer2::banana::yay:

We still aren't sure if we're adding dining, but we can add it at any time, according to the CM.

What does "activation" mean with respect to the AFS tickets? Does that mean entering the park and using one of the days, or simply enabling the tickets to do so at a ticket counter?

My family and I are already booked on a package to WDW for May, but my sister (who is married to an active duty soldier) will be joining us there. The AFS tix will be great for her, and might make sense for us to buy some of the $99 passes for a return trip (but she would be unlikely to be able to return with us as they are stationed in Korea).

If she's with us in May to "activate" the tickets (with her military ID), can we just hold onto them and then return to WDW before 9/30 to use them without restriction?

On a related note -- any advice on the best accommodations for a short (2-3 night) stay for a military spouse? Looks like the military discounts that are being offered are probably better than the rates that SoG offers, so is there any real reason to stay at SoG when you could get a moderate instead??

Thanks!

What does "activation" mean with respect to the AFS tickets? Does that mean entering the park and using one of the days, or simply enabling the tickets to do so at a ticket counter?

My family and I are already booked on a package to WDW for May, but my sister (who is married to an active duty soldier) will be joining us there. The AFS tix will be great for her, and might make sense for us to buy some of the $99 passes for a return trip (but she would be unlikely to be able to return with us as they are stationed in Korea).

If she's with us in May to "activate" the tickets (with her military ID), can we just hold onto them and then return to WDW before 9/30 to use them without restriction?

On a related note -- any advice on the best accommodations for a short (2-3 night) stay for a military spouse? Looks like the military discounts that are being offered are probably better than the rates that SoG offers, so is there any real reason to stay at SoG when you could get a moderate instead??

Thanks!

ETA--Activation just makes them a usable ticket. You don't have to enter a park to activate. If she has an id, she can indeed purchase and activate these tickets for you. Once they're activated, you won't need her with you to use them. As long as you use them by 9/30 you should be ok.

I would prefer to stay on WDW resorts than SoG--we've done both, but Disney transportation is better, IMO, and I prefer the 'Disney-fied' rooms to SoG's. SoG's rooms are huge, and very nice, though. Still, I'd save money and stay on property. Which resort you choose may depend on your family and which park you will be spending the most time touring. HTH

If the tickets are purchased at any location other than a WDW Ticket Window all you actaully get is an "exchange certificate". This is read by the system at a window, the demographic information entered, and the exchange certificate then becomes an actual valid ticket. Until the certificate is activated it will not unlock any turnstile.

If the purchase is done at a WDW Ticket Window it is a live (active) ticket at the time of purchase.

And the four days can be any four days up to and including September 30.

I would prefer to stay on WDW resorts than SoG--we've done both, but Disney transportation is better, IMO, and I prefer the 'Disney-fied' rooms to SoG's. SoG's rooms are huge, and very nice, though. Still, I'd save money and stay on property. Which resort you choose may depend on your family and which park you will be spending the most time touring. HTH

Yeah, I just checked the rates at SoG and I'm seeing ~ $121 a night for first week of May. (BiL is a Captain/O-3, so I don't know if the rates get significantly cheaper at different grades or what).

For that price, it seems like a 40% off a mod would get you a much cheaper room at someplace like CSR. Of course, we're staying at the Poly, so SoG has one big plus going for it, namely the travel time to our hotel.

Hey could someone tell me how long this 40% off rack rate deal is?? I see people are getting it in July too. Also, does anything else come in the room only deal. Last year we booked a room only with a military discount and it came with some coupons for mini golf and the arcade.
Thanks

If the tickets are purchased at any location other than a WDW Ticket Window all you actaully get is an "exchange certificate". This is read by the system at a window, the demographic information entered, and the exchange certificate then becomes an actual valid ticket. Until the certificate is activated it will not unlock any turnstile.

If the purchase is done at a WDW Ticket Window it is a live (active) ticket at the time of purchase.

And the four days can be any four days up to and including September 30.

So, if I purchase my tickets at SOG, I still have to go to the WDW Ticket Window to activate them? If so, I might as well just purchase them at the Ticket Window, right?

I just called and had the 40% off military discount applied to our reservation. Now I have to decide if I want to add dining plan. Reservationist said we can add dining plan up to 10 days before travel, but of course would need to pay in full when changing reservations. I know I have seen a breakdown of how much the daily cost of the dining plans really is. Does anyone remember where this might be? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!:cool1:

I just called and had the 40% off military discount applied to our reservation. Now I have to decide if I want to add dining plan. Reservationist said we can add dining plan up to 10 days before travel, but of course would need to pay in full when changing reservations. I know I have seen a breakdown of how much the daily cost of the dining plans really is. Does anyone remember where this might be? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!:cool1:

I believe it's $42/day/pp for the regular plan and $32/day/pp for the QS plan. And of course the Deluxe plan goes up from there, but if you can afford the Deluxe plan you probably don't care about price per day :D

Does anyone know if this 40% room rate deal is good through the entire time the tickets are valid? We want to go in August and the tickets are good through Sept, right? Oh, please... please! This is exactly what I was hoping for!

Hey could someone tell me how long this 40% off rack rate deal is?? I see people are getting it in July too. Also, does anything else come in the room only deal. Last year we booked a room only with a military discount and it came with some coupons for mini golf and the arcade.
Thanks

Does anyone know if this 40% room rate deal is good through the entire time the tickets are valid? We want to go in August and the tickets are good through Sept, right? Oh, please... please! This is exactly what I was hoping for!

I was told today that the 40% rooms went thru 7/31/10. We are going 6/29/10-7/7/10 I would call, just in case. The mini golf and arcade deal was for all packages last year, not just military ones. I have no idea what comes with them this year.

I modified 3 reservations today.

The CM told me that you had to book your rooms by July 31 and the rate was good through 9/30.

I modified reservations for June, early Sept and mid September.

So, if I purchase my tickets at SOG, I still have to go to the WDW Ticket Window to activate them? If so, I might as well just purchase them at the Ticket Window, right?

If you purchase the vouchers at Shades of Green or through a military base you don't have to pay tax. Unless you're staying at Shades of Green, the time spent to get there may not be worth the marginal discount.

This discount makes it even more tempting to book an on property stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter