2010 Armed Forces Salute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
On December 16, 2009, Disney announced the 2010 Armed Forces Salute. It is somewhat more restrictive than the 2009 version.

It is for active and retired U.S. Military including Coast Guard and active members of the Reserves or National Guard. It also includes permanently disabled veterans with a valid military ID card.

Tickets may be purchased January 3, 2010 through August 31, 2010.

All tickets are valid until Midnight September 30, 2010, regardless of date of first use.

Block-out dates of March 27, 2010 through April 9, 2010 at all locations and July 3 and 4 at Magic Kingdom only.

The tickets are four day base tickets for $99 (plus tax) each. There is no free ticket for the service member. the Park Hopper and the Water Parks Fun & More options can be added for $25 (plus tax) for each option. The tickets cannot have either more days or No Expire added.

Each service member may purchase up to six tickets during the validity period of the offer. If the service member is not present, the spouse or unremarried widow may purchase up to five tickets during the validity period.

If purchased at a location other than a Disney Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Office they must be activated at a Park Entrance (or DTD GRO) by either the service member or spouse or unremarried widow. No other relationship may activate the passes.

The tickets may be upgraded to Seasonal (for Florida Residents) or Annual Passes based on the $99, $124, or $149 value and price bridging will not be performed.

Still a great deal. I only wish we could add days. 5 days wasn't enough for us last year, and there's no way 4 will cut it.

Any news on a room discount? Link to offer?

We made the 5 days work by doing waterpark days, but with the restricted dates (stopping in sep) not sure if we would use it this year. Still great that Disney offers something though so not going to beat them up over it!

Great deal - we are headed there Feb 2... Universal also extended their military salute tickets through March(I posted it on the Universal Board here). We were originally planning 5 or 6 days at Disney and 2 or 3 at Universal, maybe we'll be a little flexible. The kids are dying to go to Universal since they have never been.

Hmmm...I currently have a 14 day bounce back trip booked in that timeframe with free dining. Will this help? I guess I have to look at buying a 6 day and $99 ticket vs just buying 10 day tickets?

Thanks for the info. Was wondering if anything would come out for 2010.

I agree 5 days wasn't enough and we even stretched it out by buying tickets to MVMCP and on another day we went to DDT and Disney Quest. Does anyone know if they are going to do the resort discount....now that was a deal 8 nights in the Poly plus the Dining Plan for a family of 5 was $2900. Please if anyone knows please post.

Hmmm...I currently have a 14 day bounce back trip booked in that timeframe with free dining. Will this help? I guess I have to look at buying a 6 day and $99 ticket vs just buying 10 day tickets?
It will not work. An adult 6-day base is $231 and a ten day base is $243, a difference of $12 (plus tax). Add hopping or WPF&M to the base only adds $52 or adding both adds $104. The military salute ticket is $99, $124, or $149 depending on the options.

Is the procedure to purchase and use going to be the same as this year's special? We will probably purchase them at Shades of Green. Will we need to have them activated at Guest Relations again? Will we have to buy all we need at once? Will everyone need to be present to activate? Just trying to formulate our game plan.

Thanks

Sweet! Somehow I doubt I'll be able to convince DH to take me to Disney next year though. We're having a baby in August and getting stationed in Korea in September.
We are going to try to go to TokyoDisney and Hong Kong Disney while we're over there, but I don't know if I can wait that long for my next Disney fix.

I'm trying to figure out when/if my DH can take leave before his next deployment.... he told me I can't take the kids without him!! :(

You could still buy your 10-day ticket, but then get the 4-day ticket for your extra days. It could get you more days in the parks...if you wanted that.

Is there a site that talks about this offer? My daughter and I are going in Feb and I'd like to see all of the restrictions and such before I decide what to do. I'm suppose to make my final payment next week and if I can get this offer I'm tempted to drop the tickets from my current reservation. I can't find any info the the 2010 offer anywhere on the web.

Thanks!

I didn't see this asked yet, and I am not sure how it worked last year. We took advantage of the military tickets just this past Nov., but DH was with us so I am not sure how it works or if its even possible to get them while he is deployed. Since he will be deployed and not able to visit WDW with myself and our two children would I be able to purchase and activate the tickets? Or are we out of luck without him?

I didn't see this asked yet, and I am not sure how it worked last year. We took advantage of the military tickets just this past Nov., but DH was with us so I am not sure how it works or if its even possible to get them while he is deployed. Since he will be deployed and not able to visit WDW with myself and our two children would I be able to purchase and activate the tickets? Or are we out of luck without him?

Yes, a spouse with a spouse dependent ID card can buy and activate the tickets. This is because many military people are deployed and it would defeat the purpose of having the deal to not allow spouses to buy them. Have a great time!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter