2010 Armed Forces Salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the end of the current offer, military people were able to purchase all five companion tickets and allow one person to use more than one. Is this going to be the case with the 2010, does anyone know? Can I and my DH buy all six tickets and then he use three and I use three?

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Yes, a spouse with a spouse dependent ID card can buy and activate the tickets. This is because many military people are deployed and it would defeat the purpose of having the deal to not allow spouses to buy them. Have a great time!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Thank you so much for the quick reply. That's what I was thinking would be the case, after all if the military person is deployed and the rest of the family can't use the deal then it defeats the purpose, but you just never know with Disney!

Disney sure has a way to entice people go to back. We just returned from a glorious 12 night stay for Thanksgiving (our last big vacay before DH's deployment next month) and said that it would be a while before we went back. Then just this week I get a 40% off deluxe resorts pin code, and now the military ticket offer again this year. All of which the dates line up perfectly with my sons' spring break in late April. Somethings telling me the kids and I should take advantage and go for it!!!

Information is available on Mousesavers.com
http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwtixdiscounts.html#military

But as usual it doesn't address every possible question that could come up, and they say to call Shades of Green after Jan 3rd with questions.

I'm interested to know if they're going to offer a possible room discount, because I have a pin for a room discount, and the only way I can add the Dining Plan is if I add tickets, and we won't need those.
The only way it would be appealing is if we can use those tickets with a package, because my DH is very attached to the Dining Plan. I really doubt I could convince him to go without the Dining Plan.

Really awesome of Disney to offer this again - just wish it went until Dec so we could use it after my husband returns from Iraq.

Information is available on Mousesavers.com
http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwtixdiscounts.html#military

But as usual it doesn't address every possible question that could come up, and they say to call Shades of Green after Jan 3rd with questions.

I'm interested to know if they're going to offer a possible room discount, because I have a pin for a room discount, and the only way I can add the Dining Plan is if I add tickets, and we won't need those.
The only way it would be appealing is if we can use those tickets with a package, because my DH is very attached to the Dining Plan. I really doubt I could convince him to go without the Dining Plan.

I am pretty sure that this year anyone with military tickets was able to add the dining plan seperatly. Can anyone else confirm this?

You had to do the military room discount to be able to purchase the dining plan without tickets. And, I had to show my military ID at check in both times we used this deal this year, and I showed them the tickets bought at our base here. So, in essence, yes, you could purchase the dining plan on the package without purchasing tickets.

I am hoping they do this special next year for the room. The tickets are nice, yes, but I'm really looking for the room discount!

I am pretty sure that this year anyone with military tickets was able to add the dining plan seperatly. Can anyone else confirm this?

You had to do the military room discount to be able to purchase the dining plan without tickets. And, I had to show my military ID at check in both times we used this deal this year, and I showed them the tickets bought at our base here. So, in essence, yes, you could purchase the dining plan on the package without purchasing tickets.

I am hoping they do this special next year for the room. The tickets are nice, yes, but I'm really looking for the room discount!

Yeah...I remember the terms for this year...I just wonder if it will be the same for next year. I hope so...he's warming up to the idea of going...

If they add a room discount to go along with this like last year's offer, then we are definitely going!

I didnt see this asked yet.. but does anyone know yet what will happen if we already bought our tickets? My husband and I are both military and we are going the 24-30th of January and just bought our tickets last week :P Will we get a voucher like they did for the birthday deal this year? Or get our money back....??

Thanks!

You cannot upgrade military salute tickets. However, nothing has been said about purchasing multiple Military tickets (within the limit) for the same person.

Someone said this was allowed this past year, but I don't know.

For the person who already bought their tickets, unfortunately I believe you are out of luck. You can save your already bought tickets for a later trip, but I doubt they'll give you anything in lieu of the military tickets, because they're not a free gift. I'm not sure what the return policy for Disney tickets is though.

I didnt see this asked yet.. but does anyone know yet what will happen if we already bought our tickets? My husband and I are both military and we are going the 24-30th of January and just bought our tickets last week :P Will we get a voucher like they did for the birthday deal this year? Or get our money back....??

Thanks!
If you purchased a package you will have to find out if you can adjust the package. If you bought separate tickets you will have to see if the seller will refund them; if not, and you want to use the Salute tickets you will have to save your current tickets for a future date.

How much would it cost to upgrade the tickets to a 6 day ticket?

Christine
The Salute tickets cannot be upgraded to add days or No Expire.

In 2010 you will be able to upgrade the military tickets to an annual pass.

However, there will be no "price bridgin". The value, for upgrade purposes, will be either $99, $124, or $149 depending on if you have no options, hopping, WPF&M or both. You can upgrade to Florida Resident Select or Seasonal (if eligible) or to Annual or Premium. Note if you have the WPF&M option and have used any of the features the only allowable upgrade is to Premium.

Anyone know if you bought the $99 tickets in 2009 if you can still take advantage of this offer again in 2010?

My family (6) went to Disney World in July of this year, we purchased the $99 tickets for our family and I know it was restricted to us only buying those specially priced tickets once within the year. We are wanting to go back to Disney World in July of 2010 and are hopeful that we can take part in this promotion as well, even though we used the promotion in the previous year.

I was reading the info released about this offer and it says "These tickets can be upgraded to an annual pass, premium annual pass, seasonal and weekday select passes."

What are weekday select passes?

Anyone know if you bought the $99 tickets in 2009 if you can still take advantage of this offer again in 2010?

My family (6) went to Disney World in July of this year, we purchased the $99 tickets for our family and I know it was restricted to us only buying those specially priced tickets once within the year. We are wanting to go back to Disney World in July of 2010 and are hopeful that we can take part in this promotion as well, even though we used the promotion in the previous year.

I would think so. Technically it's a new offer. The old offer expires in a couple days. It's not stated that you can't in any of the information.

I was reading the info released about this offer and it says "These tickets can be upgraded to an annual pass, premium annual pass, seasonal and weekday select passes."

What are weekday select passes?

Weekday select passes were announced this year as another option for Florida residents. It allows admission to the 4 main parks Monday-Friday, and is also subject to blackout dates like the Seasonal Passes.
http://budgettravel.suite101.com/article.cfm/walt_disney_world_offers_new_florida_annual_pass

This just made my night...
I will be at Disney for the marathon between Jan 7 and 11th and NOW I have affordable 4 day tickets...

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Really awesome of Disney to offer this again - just wish it went until Dec so we could use it after my husband returns from Iraq.

We really wanted to go in December too.. Maybe they will extend it:cool2:

This awsome. We decide to go on a disney cruise instead this year. So this well be awsome for us. Hopefully they offer the room discount again.

Hopefuly they WILL off the room discount:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter