2009 Discussion-We'll make time fly by!

candizfan, how would you go about renting from a DVC member? We're from the UK would this still be possible for us and is there a site where people advertise?

TIA for your help

"PoohLuv - Blizzard Beach ended up being one of the kids absolute faves! We had a blast there!"

I know the kids and I will have a great time, not so sure about DH. We'll leave him under a tree and pick him up at the end of the day :lmao:

Count us in for 2009. We just got back from a 12 day stay Oct.14th stay and ready to go back now. I don't know exactly when in 09 yet. But I am working on it. My son will be going with us this time. His first time and he says there is nothing for him there. [Boy is he wrong]. I need to plan so he has as much fun as his sister and I did. My daughter wants to stay at the Beach Club this time.So looking for info.

We're going in January 2009 with my in-laws. We can't wait! It is Deluxe resort & Deluxe Dining all the way-YAY!!! :cool1:

Anyone going in JULY '09? I know it's probably the hottest time, but I don't have a choice. The kids will be 7 & 4, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad for them. Plus, we're planning on spending plenty of time at the pool. DH is a HUGE nap fan, so it won't be a problem to split our day up and go back to the hotel for a break :thumbsup2 .

I'm planning on several character meals. At some point is it overkill??? Should I limit myself? :confused3
I have heard LeCellier is fantastic, as well as Kona, which were not on my list. Has anyone been to the Luau dinner (at least that's what I think it's called) at the Poly?
I don't think you can have too many. One time, we lost our card from our camera, and lost all of our pictures from 1900 Park Fare. It was horrible. So for our 2008 trip, we are going to 1900 twice !

We have gone to the Poly a few times now. It is fun for the kids and the adults to watch. Plus, they'll bring out "kid frienly" food for the kids - if they won't eat they food being served.

We are going Dec. 2009 & it seems like forever away! We were just there last Dec. 2006 & a month after we came back, I was ready to go back. We plan on staying at AKL. My DS loves animals & he will be amazed that he can watch them right from our balcony!

:cheer2: So excited to see this thread.:cheer2: We are hopefully visiting WDW December 2009, we have lots of saving to do!!

We are planning for between 2-3 weeks. I know we are staying onsite but how do you choose. I think we will split our time between 2 resorts.

I will be travelling with my hubby and two children.

:cheer2: So excited to see this thread.:cheer2: We are hopefully visiting WDW December 2009, we have lots of saving to do!!

We are planning for between 2-3 weeks. I know we are staying onsite but how do you choose. I think we will split our time between 2 resorts.

I will be travelling with my hubby and two children.

Wow! 2-3 weeks! That would be so great to be able to do that.

Only 684 more days until we go!!! But who's counting. ;)

Mrs Grumpy we are coming from Australia so this may be our only trip to WDW so figure we will need that amount time, do you think it would be too long? I am so excited already and it is so far away. Just gives me more incentive to save those $$$$ harder. :)

Over the last week, dd2 has really gotten into the Disneyland Singalong.
It's so cute. I overhear dd2 say "i want to go on the teacups", then dd5 saying, "yeah, you can go on that". It makes me so happy :love:

Ozdisney - make sure you buy the annual pass if you are going to be staying that long. I think it would be the best deal.

Plus there is Nasa and other things to see if you want to take a break from the parks.

Over the last week, dd2 has really gotten into the Disneyland Singalong.
It's so cute. I overhear dd2 say "i want to go on the teacups", then dd5 saying, "yeah, you can go on that". It makes me so happy :love:

We have a disneyworld official album (I think that's what it's called) it's two cds and we listen to it whenever we get in the car and my youngest wants everyone to guess what the song is and what ride it's from and then he says member we rode and Tyler rember the part of the ride....., when are we going again???
I think that the wait is going to drive him crazy as well:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

A question I have is how does split stays work? Do you have to move your own luggage or does disney do it for you?

Hello All,

Here's a reminder for us all next October 2008, that the Disney Visa discount codes came out today ( Oct 29, 2007 ) for the Jan/Feb/March 2008 trips.

So... hopefully it will be about the same time ( Oct 29, 2008 ) for the Jan/Feb/Mar 2009 trips :))

My DH thinks I am nuts for thinking about the 2009 codes, when I've just rec'd my 2008 codes!! Some people (me) are just good planners!

Mrs Grumpy we are coming from Australia so this may be our only trip to WDW so figure we will need that amount time, do you think it would be too long? I am so excited already and it is so far away. Just gives me more incentive to save those $$$$ harder. :)

Too long? No way, I am just jealous!!

Hello All,

Here's a reminder for us all next October 2008, that the Disney Visa discount codes came out today ( Oct 29, 2007 ) for the Jan/Feb/March 2008 trips.

So... hopefully it will be about the same time ( Oct 29, 2008 ) for the Jan/Feb/Mar 2009 trips :))

My DH thinks I am nuts for thinking about the 2009 codes, when I've just rec'd my 2008 codes!! Some people (me) are just good planners!

I am watching everything close this year to see what they offer so I can hopefully have a little idea what might happen in 2009. This time next year I will already have our reservations made. Just that makes me happy!! Glad there are other people like me because my husband thinks I am going crazy.

Ozdisney

Have you looked into renting points from a DVC member. It would allow you to have access to prepare meals in your room. They have one and two bedroom suites that have full kitchens or studios with a kitchenette.

You can check out the rooms on the regular Disney site but if you rent points and book from a DVC member, it would be a lot cheaper than the rack rate for the room. But if you plan to see other areas of Florida - do it on the weekend as the points for Friday and Saturday nights are a lot more than the other nights of the week.

It might be cheaper than eating out all the time and you might enjoy the comfort of being able to eat home cooked meals.

OK how would I go about looking into renting points. Is it done via WDW travel or privately?

Thanks again for the new tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter