2007 Free Dining Details - "Your Next Disney Vacation"

I have to pipe in here and say I 100% agree with Bicker on this one. It only makes sense that the CM's were trying to impress upon potential return guests that the sales were almost at 100%...they want you to book another trip sooner rather than later. What kind of sales representatives would they be if they advised you to wait and see what happens? This way, those of you that were "lucky" enough to get down there in time to get the free dining deal (thus filling a room that may have been empty for that night) can walk away feeling like you've won the lottery by getting one of those elusive free dining rooms. Last year, I was one of those people waiting anxiously for the clock to change on April 4th so I could rush to call in for free dining. We had all been warned how few rooms would be left since Disney Visa cardholders had been allowed the opportunity to book for the 2 weeks prior to the general public. Needless to say there were still plenty of rooms left. Now, I'm not saying that the same is going to happen, but I do believe that you have to take all the rumours with a grain of salt. You have to give credit to those marketing wizards at Disney though. They really know how to keep those anticipation levels elevated. That's no dumb mouse!!!

Yikes. Wondering now if the DISNEY VISA will even get me first dibbs if there is even a free dining offered again for this year...

although MANY people last year said that it would not be and sure enough...I got in on it 2 years in a row!!

thanks for the info

I have to pipe in here and say I 100% agree with Bicker on this one. It only makes sense that the CM's were trying to impress upon potential return guests that the sales were almost at 100%...they want you to book another trip sooner rather than later. What kind of sales representatives would they be if they advised you to wait and see what happens? This way, those of you that were "lucky" enough to get down there in time to get the free dining deal (thus filling a room that may have been empty for that night) can walk away feeling like you've won the lottery by getting one of those elusive free dining rooms. Last year, I was one of those people waiting anxiously for the clock to change on April 4th so I could rush to call in for free dining. We had all been warned how few rooms would be left since Disney Visa cardholders had been allowed the opportunity to book for the 2 weeks prior to the general public. Needless to say there were still plenty of rooms left. Now, I'm not saying that the same is going to happen, but I do believe that you have to take all the rumours with a grain of salt. You have to give credit to those marketing wizards at Disney though. They really know how to keep those anticipation levels elevated. That's no dumb mouse!!!

I'd be more inclined to agree with you about this if she wouldn't have told me what she did after I paid the deposit on our trip. We had already booked and it was brought up in casual conversation, by me. So it wasn't really a sales pitch, at least not to us. I think bicker is right though, I think the smartest thing they could do is offer it the way they have this time around. They make more money this way... and it really wouldn't surprise me if they DO offer it again this year, it is offered in the same way.

Bicker is right.(as usual!!)....I think it will be offered to target groups. We are waiting by the computer daily.....Just hoping for a early Aug. vacation. We have the visa....
DW and I went last year on free DDP with out kids....our 6 day food total was $753.00...We will take the 3 kids (all adult meals) this time if offered, I cant imagine the savings....
Bring on the pixie dust please.....:yay:

I am book for August 5th through the 17....is there a certain date or month to try to get free dining? I can move mine down a week.. arrive the 12...does anyone know...I know I have to wait to april to see...

Free dining has only been offered during the heart of hurricane season. There are conflicting reports about when that starts (in Disney's mind) this year, either August 5 or August 12. So unfortunately, you're question can only be answered, right now, with a "maybe, maybe not".

Here's a link to the official details for the free dining offer extended already to UK (and European) residents, for Hurricane Season 2007:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_GB/special/offerDetail?id=DiningOfferPage

As you can see, it says, "Book between August 25 and November 6, 2006 for arrivals between August 12 and September 29, 2007 to get this delicious deal." So that's what makes me think that if they do offer free dining to others, it will be for check-ins starting on August 12.

thanks bicker!!

I am going to change my dates...even if we can't get the free dining that ok. Maybe they will offer it so we would want to return.

Just because a sales woman said they had reached 100% of their goal doesn't mean diddly when it comes to the general public. Their goal might have been 500 or 1000 bookings. It might have been a percentage of all current guest volume. Who knows? No one here does. Besides which, it didn't seem like many CMs even knew about the promotion, let alone guests.

Last year, it was offered to the general public for almost 3 months' time. I don't know how many days in advance the Disney Visa card holders were allowed to book, and I'm a cardholder. I didn't book my Free dining trip for 2006 until June 2nd (3 days after we returned from WDW) and the reservations were wide open (hence the extension.)

I probably will watch out for it to be offered to cardholders this year, but I have a feeling they will be putting out the Free Dining offer a month earlier than they did last year... perhaps before folks have their summer vacation plans set in stone...

Maybe a dumb question, but... If it's offfered to Disney Visa holders, does that mean you have to put the trip on your Disney visa? We're trying to climb out of debt and would be able to pay in cash if we went. We really didn't want to put the trip on a credit card (but if that's the way it has to be, that's the way it has to be! Ahh, the things I do for Disney!)

I love your way of thinking ExPirateShopGirl. :thumbsup2 I too am going to remain confident that it will be offered to others.

Carla

I love your way of thinking ExPirateShopGirl. :thumbsup2 I too am going to remain confident that it will be offered to others.

Carla

I second this notion . . . there's something about the way you've expressed your thoughts, ExPirateShopGirl, that really hits home with me . . . I like the way you think:thumbsup2

I probably will watch out for it to be offered to cardholders this year, but I have a feeling they will be putting out the Free Dining offer a month earlier than they did last year... perhaps before folks have their summer vacation plans set in stone...

I hope so...I want to make my vacation plans :yay: :yay: :yay:

Maybe a dumb question, but... If it's offfered to Disney Visa holders, does that mean you have to put the trip on your Disney visa?
There's no way to tell at this point, since it is all still speculation, even whether or not they'll offer more promotions to anyone.

There's no way to tell at this point, since it is all still speculation, even whether or not they'll offer more promotions to anyone.

Wanted to join this thread to stay updated on 2007 Free Dining.

Maybe a dumb question, but... If it's offfered to Disney Visa holders, does that mean you have to put the trip on your Disney visa? We're trying to climb out of debt and would be able to pay in cash if we went. We really didn't want to put the trip on a credit card (but if that's the way it has to be, that's the way it has to be! Ahh, the things I do for Disney!)

In th epast, when the offer was made to Disney Visa holders, to book during that offer you had to use your Disney Visa.

"If" they offer it again to the general public, I bet they don't offer as many slots as in 06'... last year became a night mare to the restaurants and others who were not on the DP...especially in August. People couldn't get ressie's and they had to open addition non traditional resaurants for TS meals.

Yes, that's a big part of what is driving most of the speculation. However, I think that alone that wouldn't amount to much of a change. FWIR, I don't think it would take much of a reduction in free dining patronage to substantially obviate the capacity issues that came up last year. It's really the combination of the need to address those capacity issues combined with the fact that they've already, very successfully, offered free dining for this year's Hurricane Season, to two separate target groups, that raise the spectre of very limited (or no) availability to the general public come Spring.

WOW...I feel like I just got off of a rollercoaster. Some posts got my hopes up, and some posts shot me down.

All I can say is, my husband and I had a GREAT trip last year on Free Disney Dining. The promotion came out early April, but we didn't book until April 28th and didn't have any problem with availability.

Fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed that they offer it again this year for Disney Visa holders and/or the general public.

Disney has always offered great packages during hurricane season. Before free dining it was something like pay for 4 play for 7 and before that it was deeply discounted resort rates.

I'd be surprised if some type of dining promotion isn't offered BUT Disney may have some limits. Availability may be more limited than past years. Guests might not get their first choice of dates or resorts. Disney may experiment with some restrictions. We could see minimum stay or even increase the minimum pass requirement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter