2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just read about the dining plan on mousesavers and am i right in thinking you can use 2 kids TS to put towards 2 adults TS and use them for a signature restaurant, or have I read this wrong. If so I'm not sure I would be comfy doing this.

We are traveling as a family of 7.

2 are staying 3 nights
2 are staying 4 nights
3 are staying 7 nights

All 7 are on the plan so we have different credits. We have an ADR for fantasmic dinner package, can we ask for seperate checks so some can pay cash and the others use thier credits or is this frowned upon?

gpgeeps said:

2 are staying 3 nights
2 are staying 4 nights
3 are staying 7 nights

All 7 are on the plan so we have different credits. We have an ADR for fantasmic dinner package, can we ask for seperate checks so some can pay cash and the others use thier credits or is this frowned upon?

I don't see why it can't be done but it'll be confusing to the server. Do they want to save the credits for another meal?

maria & rossi said:
I have just read about the dining plan on mousesavers and am i right in thinking you can use 2 kids TS to put towards 2 adults TS and use them for a signature restaurant, or have I read this wrong. If so I'm not sure I would be comfy doing this.

Your right Mary does have that on her site. To answer your question, yes it can be done. Right or wrong is your decision.

DebIreland said:
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of using their Table Service credits for breakfast. I just read the DP brochure again and it says"

Table Service Meals include one single serving:
• Juice (breakfast)
• Appetizer (lunch & dinner)
• Entrée
• Dessert (lunch & dinner)
• Non-alcoholic beverage

OR One full buffet

So, if you use a TS credit for breakfast you lose out not only on dessert but on an appetizer too. Though you do 'gain' a glass of juice. So unless you're doing a character breakfast or a buffet using TS credits at breakfast is a very uneconomical use of the DP.

stahshee, yes there is a non-alcoholic beverage included with each CS meal.

What would be an example of a TS breakfast that would not be a buffet or family style? I am trying to think of a TS restaurant that does an order off the menu breakfast.

Hi DisneyMom,

Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona Cafe and Boatwrights are some examples. They each offer separate courses for breakfast (not all of them offer both appetizers and desserts but they offer at least one of those). There's a huge choice of buffets though, agreed, but it would be a shame for someone to book a TS expecting a nice big breakfast and then realise they can't get the appetizer or dessert, especially if they are planning on sharing a credit. :)

Aren't Spoodles and YCG also menu breakfasts? I know that at YCG, you can get the buffet or you can order from the menu.

jjohnson said:
Does the family have to eat together, or can we split up?
The way I understand it, the credits are put on all the cards, so you can split up and eat. They are subtracted the same way as if you were all eating together. So, Mom and daughter can go to one place, and Dad and son can head to another and eat at the same time. Or the kids can ditch the parents and eat what they want.

This is correct, with the one addition that you can ask for a key without the ability to use the credits if you want. So if you want to make sure you see your teenager every now and then you can hold the food hostage ;)

It is just like how you can pick which room keys have charging privlages.

jjohnson said:
I don't see why it can't be done but it'll be confusing to the server. Do they want to save the credits for another meal?

We have ADRS for each night of everyones stay.

One of those is the Hoop-Dee-Doo which is 2 credits. The first family wants that is staying only 3 nights only has 3 credits so they will have to buy a meal to have 2 remaining for the Hoop Dee Doo. Se we need seperate checks at the fantasmic package. Hope that makes since. I figured if we told them up front we wanted seperate checks it wouldn't matter but was curious if anyone has asked for seperate checks and some use cash and others table credits.

gpgeeps said:
We have ADRS for each night of everyones stay.

One of those is the Hoop-Dee-Doo which is 2 credits. The first family wants that is staying only 3 nights only has 3 credits so they will have to buy a meal to have 2 remaining for the Hoop Dee Doo. Se we need seperate checks at the fantasmic package. Hope that makes since. I figured if we told them up front we wanted seperate checks it wouldn't matter but was curious if anyone has asked for seperate checks and some use cash and others table credits.

After some more thought, this shouldn't be a problem at all because they give seperate checks for alcoholic beverages & families paying OOP for children.

Thanks for the info. But I guess the important part is that we did fantasmic last year and we all hated it.

Hated Fantasmic. To begin with it was the ONLY place in Disney where we had any bug problems, and boy did we get eaten. And while we liked the show (except for the 4 year old who said something about monsters, etc..) a lot of it was too dark or far away for us to really see.

gpgeeps said:

2 are staying 3 nights
2 are staying 4 nights
3 are staying 7 nights

Actually - won't you have to have seperate checks at every meal? I'm assuming that there are 3 different rooms booked - is that right?

angel's momma said:
Actually - won't you have to have seperate checks at every meal? I'm assuming that there are 3 different rooms booked - is that right?

2 rooms are booked-

So the 2 staying 3 nights will have 4 credits but we accounted for that also. I know it is confusing but it was the best way we could get everyone there!

DebIreland said:
Hi DisneyMom,

Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona Cafe and Boatwrights are some examples. They each offer separate courses for breakfast (not all of them offer both appetizers and desserts but they offer at least one of those). There's a huge choice of buffets though, agreed, but it would be a shame for someone to book a TS expecting a nice big breakfast and then realise they can't get the appetizer or dessert, especially if they are planning on sharing a credit. :)

Oh, that makes sense! Go figure, TS restaurants at deluxe hotels. No wonder I didn't know about them! LOL :rolleyes:
Good to know! :thumbsup2

This is a great thread. Thanks for all the info. Its my first time with the meal plan like this. The last few times (a couple of years ago) there was no difference in types of resturants. Thanks again

Hated Fantasmic. To begin with it was the ONLY place in Disney where we had any bug problems, and boy did we get eaten. And while we liked the show (except for the 4 year old who said something about monsters, etc..) a lot of it was too dark or far away for us to really see.
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it -- though, I'm totally mystified. :confused3 We experienced nothing like what you describe here. Our family, including the kids, felt it was the highlight of our visit to Disney-MGM Studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!