2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the Hoop-dee doo musical review I know you have to use two TS credits but do you still get the unlimited draft beer wine etc or only nonalcoholic beverages like you get included in any other TS restaurant? Thanks Kathy

digskat said:
at the Hoop-dee doo musical review I know you have to use two TS credits but do you still get the unlimited draft beer wine etc or only nonalcoholic beverages like you get included in any other TS restaurant? Thanks Kathy

Your treated like anyone else attending the show including the alcohol.

I've typed a list of the restaurants and dinner shows which require 2 TS credits. I thought it might be handy because I find myself to-ing and fro-ing from the disney pdf list a lot. So here it is.... (OP, feel free to cut and paste this to page 1 if you like, or not, whatever you want, no pressure :teeth: )

Signature restaurants requiring 2 TS credits:
Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)
California Grill (Contemporary Resort)
CRT character breakfast/lunch/dinner with photo package (Magic Kingdom)
Citricos (Grand Floridian)
Flying Fish Café (Boardwalk Inn & Villas)
Hollywood Brown Derby (MGM Studios)
Jiko - The Cooking Place (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)

Dinner Shows requiring 2 TS credits:
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Polynesian)
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (Fort Wilderness)
Mickey's Backyard Barbeque (Fort Wilderness)

digskat said:
at the Hoop-dee doo musical review I know you have to use two TS credits but do you still get the unlimited draft beer wine

We've never done this one before and I have reserved it for December. Am I understanding correctly that wine and beer are included as part of the ticket price?

Thanks

DebIreland said:
I've typed a list of the restaurants and dinner shows which require 2 TS credits. I thought it might be handy because I find myself to-ing and fro-ing from the disney pdf list a lot. So here it is.... (OP, feel free to cut and paste this to page 1 if you like, or not, whatever you want, no pressure :teeth: )

Signature restaurants requiring 2 TS credits:
Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)
California Grill (Contemporary Resort)
CRT character breakfast/lunch/dinner with photo package (Magic Kingdom)
Citricos (Grand Floridian)
Flying Fish Café (Boardwalk Inn & Villas)
Hollywood Brown Derby (MGM Studios)
Jiko - The Cooking Place (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)

Dinner Shows requiring 2 TS credits:
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Polynesian)
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (Fort Wilderness)
Mickey's Backyard Barbeque (Fort Wilderness)

Great idea! I edited my OP

rwenzel2 said:
We've never done this one before and I have reserved it for December. Am I understanding correctly that wine and beer are included as part of the ticket price?

Thanks

Yes it is. The shows alot of fun. Enjoy!

Here's a silly question. Is there any way I can exchange my table service meals for quick service meals? I have a feeling the little ones would do better with a quick meal that is not out of the way.

Can you tell me if I can use my counter service credits for breakfast at the hotel? We will be staying at the All Star Movies.

mysticcruiser said:
Can you tell me if I can use my counter service credits for breakfast at the hotel? We will be staying at the All Star Movies.

Yes, definitely. You won't get a dessert at breakfast though but you will get dessert at lunch and dinner. You can also get snacks (using your snack credits) at All Stars Food court and at the pool bar.
:)

la79al said:
Here's a silly question. Is there any way I can exchange my table service meals for quick service meals? I have a feeling the little ones would do better with a quick meal that is not out of the way.
Yes, according to Mousesavers.com - "You can use table service meal credits at a counter service restaurant. Likewise you can use counter service credits for snacks (but be prepared for the cashier to think you're nuts). You'll lose some value, but gain flexibility."
Here's the link with more info: http://www.marywaring.com/diningplantips2006.html

We are planning to stay at OKW in June. There are 8 of us and 5 want to do the dining plan. Does everyone have to participate in the plan?

tedlee said:
We are planning to stay at OKW in June. There are 8 of us and 5 want to do the dining plan. Does everyone have to participate in the plan?

If you are all on the reservation, then all must participate in the plan.

Just making sure I get this right, but so you get an entree, appetizer and dessert for one credit, or is it one credit per each of those? I know dumb question, but hey. At least I'm doing my research. lol.

1 Table Service Credit = appetizer, entree, dessert and drink
1 Counter Service Credit = entree, dessert, drink
1 Snack credit = 1 snack such as one drink or one bag of chips or one ice cream bar, etc.
Keep in mind that some restaurants, signature restaurants, require 2 TS credits for dining there, but you would still only receive 1 appetizer, an entree, a dessert and drink. :)

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of using their Table Service credits for breakfast. I just read the DP brochure again and it says"

Table Service Meals include one single serving:
• Juice (breakfast)
• Appetizer (lunch & dinner)
• Entrée
• Dessert (lunch & dinner)
• Non-alcoholic beverage

OR One full buffet

So, if you use a TS credit for breakfast you lose out not only on dessert but on an appetizer too. Though you do 'gain' a glass of juice. So unless you're doing a character breakfast or a buffet using TS credits at breakfast is a very uneconomical use of the DP.

stahshee, yes there is a non-alcoholic beverage included with each CS meal.

If I am going with DH, DS and DD and we are getting the dining plan, can I take DD to a princess meal while the boys are eating somewhere else or must we all stay together for billing?

la79al said:
If I am going with DH, DS and DD and we are getting the dining plan, can I take DD to a princess meal while the boys are eating somewhere else or must we all stay together for billing?

Does the family have to eat together, or can we split up?
The way I understand it, the credits are put on all the cards, so you can split up and eat. They are subtracted the same way as if you were all eating together. So, Mom and daughter can go to one place, and Dad and son can head to another and eat at the same time. Or the kids can ditch the parents and eat what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter