2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
jjohnson said:
You can share on the plan & save the extra credit for another meal but everyone still needs to be on the plan.

Aww, I see. Yeah, that's gonna be way to much money for us to spend if we have to buy it for two people. Gah. That's why I would love if we could just purchase one and then share every meal or most. Do you know if we can buy like two plans for 4 days or something? Or does it have to be for the same length as our stay?

amburger said:
Aww, I see. Yeah, that's gonna be way to much money for us to spend if we have to buy it for two people. Gah. That's why I would love if we could just purchase one and then share every meal or most. Do you know if we can buy like two plans for 4 days or something? Or does it have to be for the same length as our stay?

No it needs to match the length of your reservation.

Okay. Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer them though. :)

amburger said:
Well, you could make two reservations.
Reservation 1 would be a MYW package with room, dining plan + MYW tickets and Reservation 2 would be room only. Now, you wouldn't be able to spread your dining credits out throughout the 2nd reservation as they would expire at midnight on the day your first reservation ends *but* doing the split reservation would be a good way to try the plan and, more importantly, as the dining plan doesn't expire until midnight on the last day (of your 1st reservation) you could share meals on day 1 or 2 (or whenever) and spread it out to make it last on the last day too. Does this make sense? :teeth:
Example: 4 night MYW package followed by 3 night Room only.
Dining Plan paid for 4 nights - Use it on Check-in Day, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4 *and* Day 5 (check out day). Just remember you would have 4 TS, CS and snack credits each, not 5 but as I say, by sharing some meals you could make it work.
If we get the dining plan, that's what we intend doing. :)

Keep in mind, though, that your credits are only good during the days of your reservation with the plan. You cannot, for example, get the plan for one of two back-to-back three day reservations and then use the credits over all six days.

I plan to go in September. On the dining plan, does soup count as an appetizer? We like the French onion soup in France but not too crazy about their appetizers. Does anyone know the rules about this? Same goes for Canada and the cheese beer soup. Rather have that then the appetizers!

We are planning for the dining plan this year as next year DD will be 10 and considered an adult no way would she eat this much food. She's a healthy eater at the best of times but not a big eater. Do the kids get appetisers and deserts with all CS and TS the same as the adults?

digskat said:
We are planning for the dining plan this year as next year DD will be 10 and considered an adult no way would she eat this much food. She's a healthy eater at the best of times but not a big eater. Do the kids get appetisers and deserts with all CS and TS the same as the adults?

Since your DD is considered an adult she would be able to order an adult appetizer and dessert. The way the plan is setup at the moment the credits are pooled so you could just by her an entree out-of-pocket or share your meal with her & use the extra credits for another meal.

We are going in March, and I have booked some of our TS, but I also decided to pay out of pocket for the Alhoa dinner. I wanted to use the TS for other nights and character dinners. You can always call the dining number and they can help you with any questions about the plan. We went this past June and I thought the plan was well worth it since I have a small child (4 yrs) who would eat sometimes and sometimes not and the price per day is a real deal. Course I love to go to Disney to eat....LOL!!!! They have some of the best food I have ever ate.

DBROOKSINDY said:
If you end with 3 child TS credits and 2 adult TS credits on the last day, can you use these credits for 4 adult & 1 child Table Service meals. Thanks from a WDW first timer. :cool1: :sunny:

There is no such thing as a "chlld" credit. So you will end up with 5 TS credits on the last day. Anyone in your party can use any of the TS credits at anytime you like up to midnight on the day you check out.

Enjoy!

Disney does rely on the integrity of its guests with regard to using child credits for children's meals. However, that leniency is subject to change without notice. Disney can elect to limit child credits to use by children for children's meals, at any time.

jjohnson said:
Since your DD is considered an adult she would be able to order an adult appetizer and dessert. The way the plan is setup at the moment the credits are pooled so you could just by her an entree out-of-pocket or share your meal with her & use the extra credits for another meal.
She not an adult for this trip though so I was wondering with 2 adults and 2 kids do the kids get appetizer and dessert with the TS or is it entree only for the kids, and again dessert with CS or just the entree for the kids. Thanks Kathy

digskat said:
She not an adult for this trip though so I was wondering with 2 adults and 2 kids do the kids get appetizer and dessert with the TS or is it entree only for the kids, and again dessert with CS or just the entree for the kids. Thanks Kathy

Oh, re-read your post, I think we all mis-understood.

They get everything the adults do. The fine print says that they have to order a kid's appetizer when available. At Sci Fi my kids had a fruit and yogurt plate or a cheese and veggies and dip plate. They were able to get an adult appetizer at Le Cellier, but they may have added a kids one now.
Dessert is ALWAYS available. LOL

That's okay!
So if there is no kid's appetizer available then they can order an appetizer off the menu?

digskat said:
That's okay!
So if there is no kid's appetizer available then they can order an appetizer off the menu?

Sorry I misread your original post :blush:

Yes they can order an appetizer. There are very few restaurants that do not have a childs appetizer available.

jjohnson said:
Sorry I misread your original post :blush:

Yes they can order an appetizer. There are very few restaurants that do not have a childs appetizer available.
That's okay jjohnson....Ihad to be careful not to use the "T" my maiden name is Johnston. This is a great thread and you guys are so helpful. :thumbsup2

Has anyone encountered any limitations on what you can order from the menu?

What about the appetizers or entrees listed for 2 people?

How do they handle that if you wish to order it. Would 2 in our party need to order it and we would use 2 credit instead of us each ordering a seperate appetizer or entree.

Thanks, this is all very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter