20041218-cruise-friends-memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add us to the list!! We are going cat. 4 - cabin 8042

Myself, DW, DD (will be 8.5 then), and DS (will be almost 5)

18 months and counting!!

- David

Even though it is a lot of $$$, we (myself, DW and DS9) have a cat 6 on hold with DU, which I will be booking later today. We figured that we only had to come up with the deposit right now, and have a long time to save up. We will have to cancel our April trip, but it is an eastern so we'll just get there a few months later.

My 2 cents worth...... If you have any thoughts of going, I would book now because the prices will be a LOT higher this time next year!! If you change your mind, you can always cancel.

Does that mean we have to get up at the Crack of Doom on Christmas morning to clear immigration????

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Karyn

Count us in! Just paid our whopping deposit. :rolleyes: Let's hope the DH school schedule is such that we can go. If not, we'll move to the next sailing if we can.

Now I have to figure out how to start the timer clock again. What a great time we'll have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

From Kabuli1

Does that mean we have to get up at the Crack of Doom on Christmas morning to clear immigration????

I though I read somewhere here on the boards that only non-U.S. citizens had to clear immigration in St. Thomas.

Can anyone out there confirm?

Getting up to see what Santa left is one thing.... having to get up just to show someone our passports is another.......

We've been doing a <b><i>lot</i></b> of daydreaming about this cruise since booking it this week. I've also been doing some idle speculating.

For instance...

Will we have <b><i>four</i></b> opportunities for brunch at Palo?!?

And will they have the Character Breakfast on Monday, Tuesday, and Monday since those are full days at sea? Or will they have them on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (Key West morning) so they can quickly get them out of the way?

<i>(Gosh, I can't believe I'm obsessing over details like this 18 months out.)</i>

Anyone care to speculate?

My family and I have been to Key West on Christmas Day. Everything that was tourist-oriented was open and staffed. I imagine a few stores and restaurants at St. Thomas will be closed on Christmas Day, but not enough to keep us from having sufficient opportunity to do whatever it is we hope to do that day.

Also, from what I've been reading on this board, <b><i>yes</i></b>, we'll have to get up "at the crack of doom" on Christmas morning to go through immigration. Bummer.

Originally posted by Christmas2004
<b><i>yes</i></b>, we'll have to get up "at the crack of doom" on Christmas morning to go through immigration. Bummer.

Is this everyone? Or only if you're getting off the ship? Or just non-US citizens?

On our first cruise this May we ONLY got off the ship at CC, so we have NO idea what this is all about.

TIA!

I think it's everybody, ohiominnie, even if you don't get off the ship you still have to clear immigration cause you are in "US' territory and you've been out of the country! BAH HUMBUG! I can't imagine getting DS 21 and DD 18 up that early on a vacation. Gone are the getting up early on Christmas morning years in our house! Now it's 'How late do we get to sleep in?"

I've been dreaming and thinking about this cruise constantly - could barely come up with the deposit and I don't know how we'll ever pay for it - but can't stop thinking. Like, Will we be able to book more than one dinner at Palo? And what new menus/special events will they come up with for a 10 day itin in the dining rooms? Will there be special shows?
And which day should I celebrate my birthday (12/31)? Maybe ohiominnie, we can celebrate together!

We will be celebrating our 25th anniversay w/ this cruise (ok, 6 months late - but who's counting?) I'm so excited 'cause we visited St Thmas and St Lucia on our honeymoon and haven't been back since!

This is just going to be the BEST!!!!

Originally posted by Kabuli1
And which day should I celebrate my birthday (12/31)? Maybe ohiominnie, we can celebrate together!

Kabuli,
That sounds WONDERFUL! (or magical as the case may be!!)

DCL asked dh if we wanted to celebrate my birthday on the 27th (it's really the 28th--disembarkation day) :(

we're also lumping my ds's birthday in there (1/5)

I say, the more the merrier!!

So you're a new years eve baby, huh? my nephew is one too....he was actually the LAST baby born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa in 1989! What an honor!

I can add more birthdays to the list. DD will be 4 on 12/12/04 & DD will be 8 on 1/10/05. We might as well have one huge cake.

For anyone that has been on the cruise over Christmas, what do they serve for Christmas dinner? I will look forward to something tropical rather than the same old turkey and ham.

I too am wondering what they are going to do with all the extra days in the way of shows, meals, special events, etc.

Do you think we will be able to get some sort of itinerary in advance?

Am so excited!!!

Happy Cruising!

I can't give you details, (I'd have to research our navigators) but I do recall a very traditional dinner on Christmas Day!

We're going! Me, DH, and DD 13 (time of cruise). Seems like some 13 yo boys are going, where are the girls? My DD will want to "get acquainted" via e-mail with some other girls, PM me if you've got one!

Dave's DCL site has a Christmas dinner menu posted. Yes, I've already been looking for menus, I'm such a dork. Here's a link to copy:

http://www.dcltribute.com/menus/christmas.htm

Even worse, I've been checking the web for excursions in St. Lucia and Antigua. I'm sure it will be a while before Disney has theirs set. This one is through shoretrips.com, and if we can get 8 people, I'm sure they would sail a bit later to accomodate us. Someone posted that we get into St. Lucia at 9:30 am.

<DOLPHIN AND WHALE WATCHING CRUISE
Enjoy the excitement of the search for one of the world's greatest mammals.
Departures (Local Island Time): 08:15 AM (4 hrs)
Pricing: Per Person $79.00 USD (Children pay the same as adults.)
St. Lucia has its fair share of resident and visiting cetaceans. Pods of spinner and spotted dolphins, Pilot, Sperm, False Orcas and other whales can be seen in our waters. The success rate of sightings is quite high, so join us in the exhilarating natural experience and feel the thrill as they break the surface of the water. Relax in our fast hydrophone-equipped boat and relish the rhythmic song of these awe-inspiring mammals as they rise majestically from the ocean, an awe-inspiring sight. >

Doesn't that sound cool? And December is the season for this. My Dh and DD will probably be scuba diving, but DD might want to go.

Count us in for another Birthday - I will be uh uh 29 (yeah that it) :rolleyes: on December 2nd. Okay I turned 29 on some Dec 2 a few years ago.

Hey I feel i'm missing the birthday boat here. My birthday is December 18th. I should be on this cruise.

Joanna

Wish I could, we are doing the 8/28/04 magic sailing. But hey ya never know. C'mon lotto.

I had a hold on this cruise thru DCL last week and let it go because of the price. Then on Mon., I called Costco travel and booked the cruise for about $500.00 less than DCL. I even have the same cabin that I had on hold with DCL. If (a really BIG IF) I win the lottery tonight I will upgrade my cabin and take the rest of the family with me :D Oh to be a dreamer!
Now to come up with a way to pay for the cruise and to get the time off from work.
DH will be celebrating a late b'day on the cruise, Dec. 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter