20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Hi John,

Got a few problems.

I mistakenly deleted the e-mail confirmation I received about the Pandora Party that I need to bring on registering at the contemporary.
Tried to get it back but failed miserably
We did print a copy last October, but can't find it at the moment.
Could another be sent to me please.
We purchased 2 tickets Roy & Mandy Lancaster.
Thanks.
Panic over we found the print.
It was with our Pass ports..
Should have been the first place we looked.

@WebmasterJohn - sorry to bug you with a small detail, but just wondering if you know for those that are driving if we would be allowed to park at the Contemporary when we go over for registration/pick up our credentials or if we should plan to park at the TTC and take the monorail over

Thanks!
*MY FIRST POST ON THE DISBOARDS! YEA!*
I was curious and stressing about this myself. I have my trip from PA planned like a space shuttle launch... down to the minute. I have dinner reservations at 1900 at 5:30 on Thursday but I'm hoping to get from MCO (arriving at 3) to the contemporary before 5 to pick up the credentials. I'm hoping that they let me park at the Contemporary so I can run in and pick them up and then I'll park at the Grand or TTC for dinner. Are the folks at the Dis good about sticking around until 5 as scheduled? As a long time listener to the podcasts their parties sound awesome. So excited to finally experience one...

UPDATE IN FIRST POST - The SCHEDULE OF EVENTS for the dates of our event have been added to the first post. A few more events will be added as we finalize details. All of the events will require preregistration with the exception of Pete's Breakfast at Top of the World as he reserves the right to auction it off. We are going to try to have registration forms for all events that require it online on July 1, 2019 (time TBA). Patreon Subscribers will have early access to register for events (you will receive an email from John as the day approaches to sign up). All events will have a small fee to attend with all of the proceeds going to Give Kids the World. To use the registration forms for these events you will need your ID Number and the email you used to sign up originally (these are the same as what was required to sign up for the Pandora Party and after party transportation). If you don't know your ID you can email John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and he will send you an email with that info to help you be prepared for sign-up day.

Ok...…...I'll bring it up.... @WebmasterJohn is there a plan or process in place to ensure that some "non-patreon" members of the DISboards will be able to attend events not being auctioned?

Thanks in advance for answering this question.

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
Hoping I can get to do the Baseline Tap House event for my 50th birthday! Keeping all current plans until things are definite, but🤞🤞

Well fingers crossed you get a slot. That’s one of the events I’m hoping to sign up to as well; and I was just planning on celebrating drinking.

So it’ll be nice for someone to have something legit to celebrate and I think it is an excellent way to mark such an special birthday.

Last edited:
Well fingers crossed you get a slot. That’s one of the events I’m hoping to sign up to as well; and I was just planning on celebrating drinking.

So it’ll be nice for someone to have something legit to celebrate and I think it is an excellent way to mark such an special birthday.
Will keep my fingers crossed for you as well🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Thank you for the advance notice that the events require an extra cost in addition to our registration fee. It appears our registration fee only applies to credentials, bidding on auction items and attending the podcast?

I also appreciate the extraordinary cost it must take to rent out convention space, create the credentials, the behind-the-scenes registration infrastructure, and many other time, effort, resource costs by several dedicated staff. So when I say the "registration fee only applies" I mean in the sense which events we are allowed to attend solely by registering and paying that initial fee. If I've missed an official event that does not require a second fee, I welcome the correction. Thank you again for providing the environment for us to enjoy each other's company while celebrating Dreams Agents! Happy Birthday!

I hesitate to respond to the above posts. I do not want to call anyone out individually and yet I feel motivated to comment.

Few if any organizations fail to show preferential treatment to donors or contributors. This may seem unfair to non-donors or non-contributors but another thread took up 9 pages and lasted over a month discussing the various Patreon tiers and whether the amounts were set too high for what was being provided. As much as believe in inclusiveness and welcoming different views, it is quite hard for me to see anything wrong with giving first crack to Patreon supporters. And to be clear, I am one so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt if you like but I have said similar things when I've been on the other side too.

As for the fees to attend events. John has described these fees as "small." I suspect he would rather not charge any fee and rely on donations but when you do that, you end up with people signing up for an event and then no showing. That's not fair to people who want to go but for one reason or another, weren't able to sign up before the event maxed out.

My comments are my own, by the way.

The amount we are charging for the overall event comes nowhere near close to covering even a small fraction of the costs.

The amount we are charging for the party comes nowhere near close to covering even a small fraction of the costs.

The amount we are charging for the after party transportation comes nowhere near close to covering even a small fraction of the costs.

The amount we will be charging for the individual events are purely designed to keep folks from signing up, holding a spot and not showing, taking a spot from someone else. I mentioned this before - without some 'skin in the game' people will hold spots for events even if they know they probably won't attend and that's not fair to anyone. The amounts will be small and all proceeds go to GKTW. Nothing will go to Dreams or to offset costs for the events themselves.

I think the two topics are getting mixed up. There are two topics here...Patreon vs Non-Patreon, and then fees for each individual event.

I have no problem paying for an event for which I am registering. There are costs involved, plain and simple.

I do, however, feel as if the kids with the most expensive gifts (Patreon supporters) get to go to the birthday party first, and then if there is room left, then 'the rest of us' can come, too. Feels a little icky. This is not stated with any malice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!