20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Thank goodness! don't want to call an uber at 1 a.m. LOL - thank you.

The date in the email is wrong - we really need to get the transportation numbers to the company ASAP or no one will have transportation. I will leave the form open for a few more days but please sign up right away.

I know this might have been asked and i apologize if it has. Will there be online registration for some of the events the crew will be hosting. And does it normally cost a price?

All events will require registration. Some will have a nominal fee that will go to GKTW as a donation and to ensure those who sign up for events have some 'skin in the game'. In other words we want to prevent people from signing up for events and then not attend - taking a spot away from someone else - and perhaps paying for the event will make people think twice before signing up if they might not be able to make it.

Once we have all the event details worked out (I don't know when that will be) we will post them in the original post. At that time we will announce the day/time of sign-ups so everyone has the same chance to book.

Make sure you check this thread - or subscribe - as this is where those details will be posted.

Yes you will have to leave the park. The park is being emptied before our event.
So folks..........does this mean our Pre-Party "Party" can't happen at the Nomad lounge? If so........we still have Victoria Falls but how do we get to AK?

Doug :goofy:

I just started a thread to begin planning the pre-party meet up at Victoria Falls. However, I wanted to especially mention here, that it's subject to change pending DIS input. For example, if DIS leadership said, "Tigger-ette, we're already planning a pre-meet up at that time, and it might impact your party." I would say, "DIS, thanks for all the awesomeness, and I won't offer a competing meet-up when the whole point is for us to get together to socialize as a community. I just like a good theme party, and glowy/shiny flair."

As far as transport to DAK, I planned to use MinnieVan/taxi to get myself from AKV to DAK. However, I'm willing to help arrange pre-paid transport (as in you pay in advance) as part of hosting. Like John mentioned earlier, it would have to be planned in advance. I don't do last-minute logistics, but let's see what the official itinerary is before moving on that.

So folks..........does this mean our Pre-Party "Party" can't happen at the Nomad lounge? If so........we still have Victoria Falls but how do we get to AK?

Doug :goofy:

So I am sure @WebmasterJohn can add more about any official infomation, but with regards to the two *Un*Official pre-parties:

- both will still be happening - at Nomad Lounge and Victoria Falls
- For the Nomad Lounge one, we will have to leave the bar and then park whenever the kick us out as part of the park clearing and then get with the masses to enter the park for the party, show our credentials, etc. Might not be right at 9pm (I see Rivers of Light is only scheduled to start at 9pm), but yeah, expect to have an hour or so outside the park - but it will be hanging with old and new friends so will pass fast!
- The Victoria Lounge one is also still happening. People can gather earlier but the "Get Your Glow On" part will start at 8pm. Those wanting to take Disney transportation will need to do so prior to regular closing for Animal Kingdom. Plan is to organize car pools/Minnie vans for those staying a bit later at the Victoria Lounge Pre-Party

Will keep the first post of the *Un*official thread updates as well as the schedule spreadsheet I posted

hope thishelps

So I am sure @WebmasterJohn can add more about any official infomation, but with regards to the two *Un*Official pre-parties:

- both will still be happening - at Nomad Lounge and Victoria Falls
- For the Nomad Lounge one, we will have to leave the bar and then park whenever the kick us out as part of the park clearing and then get with the masses to enter the park for the party, show our credentials, etc. Might not be right at 9pm (I see Rivers of Light is only scheduled to start at 9pm), but yeah, expect to have an hour or so outside the park - but it will be hanging with old and new friends so will pass fast!
- The Victoria Lounge one is also still happening. People can gather earlier but the "Get Your Glow On" part will start at 8pm. Those wanting to take Disney transportation will need to do so prior to regular closing for Animal Kingdom. Plan is to organize car pools/Minnie vans for those staying a bit later at the Victoria Lounge Pre-Party

Will keep the first post of the *Un*official thread updates as well as the schedule spreadsheet I posted

hope thishelps
I’d like to join the Nomad Lounge unofficial get together. Do I need to do anything. What time is it starting? Thanks so much.

I’d like to join the Nomad Lounge unofficial get together. Do I need to do anything. What time is it starting? Thanks so much.

Hey Sylver - I've added you to the list of people interested in this to the first page posts on the *Un*Official thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/un-official-20-years-of-dreams-event-thread.3713642/

You can see the schedule there as well as in the attached file on the first post - if there are other events you are listed in, let me know

As of now we haven't split people between the 2 pre-parties, but I evnision trying to get an idea of who is interested in which shortly

The Nomad Lounge one will start at 7pm but will be rather low-key so people can come and go as they want

hope this helps!

@WebmasterJohn - sorry to bug you with a small detail, but just wondering if you know for those that are driving if we would be allowed to park at the Contemporary when we go over for registration/pick up our credentials or if we should plan to park at the TTC and take the monorail over

Thanks!

@WebmasterJohn - sorry to bug you with a small detail, but just wondering if you know for those that are driving if we would be allowed to park at the Contemporary when we go over for registration/pick up our credentials or if we should plan to park at the TTC and take the monorail over

Thanks!
I was wondering that too. I know parking is always at a premium there but if you're attending something there, they should let you in.

Thanks!

that's an interesting question....the contemporary is a convention center, so you would think they would allow parking for people attending the convention...

You can park at the Contemporary. Regular parking rules apply.

IMPORTANT - Discounted resort group pricing will end 6/21/2019. If you book or modify (i.e. add dates to) your resort stay after that date you will be charged the full rack rate. Please consider booking your room in our group ASAP as that is a 'hard and fast' date set by Disney that we cannot get around.

John, would that also apply if we were to drop days from our reservation?

Hi John,

Got a few problems.

I mistakenly deleted the e-mail confirmation I received about the Pandora Party that I need to bring on registering at the contemporary.
Tried to get it back but failed miserably
We did print a copy last October, but can't find it at the moment.
Could another be sent to me please.
We purchased 2 tickets Roy & Mandy Lancaster.
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!