20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJohn, Oct 17, 2018.

1. DisneyMom79

DisneyMom79 Earning My Ears

So following by the procedure on your page caused me to lose out! Wonderful- i had emailed like specified bc when I registered I registered for a child that wouldn’t be attending the party but the party link automatically charges for entire party- and it said not to cash out for the 3 but email with party size..... I should have paid for 3 but just used the 2. Good to know for future events

2. WebmasterJohn

WebmasterJohn Genius Administrator

I don't believe this is a fair assessment of the events that occurred. You and I have already corresponded in email and I think I came up with a fair solution.

disneyholic family and moxie64 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. bartleyosu

bartleyosu Ohio State Mouse Fan

I am so excited! Thanks for planning this Dis and Dreams Unlimited Team!

disneyholic family likes this.
  5. DisneyMom79

DisneyMom79 Earning My Ears

You were more than fair John- what I’m saying is I should have just payed the extra $100 last night at 9pm when I got my link instead of going through the email process and missing out- it would have been worth extra $ and being able to attend the event

6. YesterDark

YesterDark Mouseketeer

I'm coming down with my family and I'd like to attend some of the other events that may pop up. My kids are too young to stay up for the Pandora Party so I'm not looking to do that.

Do the other events require sign ups whenever they are scheduled?

(I'm assuming I do, but just checking)

7. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

In order to go to the other scheduled events you still have to sign up for the event overall.

8. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

To go to the smaller events they will do and the live podcast taping you will have to register everyone for the event overall and then when they announce the smaller events they will have a separate sign up for each of those as they will have limited size as well (or at least in the past they did)

9. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

They only did the sign ups in 2016. For the 2017 meet there was only a sign up for things that had a limit (auction for the grand on yacht and the pirates screening).

10. YesterDark

YesterDark Mouseketeer

We'll see how it goes when I get down there. I swear to God that I booked the trip and forgot this event was going down.

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  11. MrsInsG

MrsInsG Earning My Ears

I am so excited for this event! My daughter and I will be attending the party but my entire family will be going on vacation from the 2-12, and celebrating one last time before our oldest heads off to college. What a great send-off!!!

12. iKnowAguy

iKnowAguy iKnowAguy4

Hello Dreams Team and John. I am curious if you know about any more specifics for the live show on Sunday? I currently have a flight booked that would require me to leave the Contemporary by about 12pm. Do you think the show and etc. will be over by then? I'd hate to miss out on any of it... Any info. would be much appreciated! Thank you for all you are doing for this very exciting event!! @iKnowAguy4 Sean Rogers

13. WebmasterJohn

WebmasterJohn Genius Administrator

We have not locked in the specifics of the Live Show on Sunday but I can tell you that the team has requested that we NOT do it early because the party goes until 1AM the night before; which means many of us probably won't get home until 2AM.

I am fairly confident it will not be before noon on Sunday.

14. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

Thanks, John. We look forward to a lively podcast....:mic::bored::yo-yo:

15. dkrauss

dkrauss Goofy Fan from Jersey

Thanks John, that's really helpful information. I imagine we'll all be a bit worn out on Sunday morning. :D Hoping the show is in or near the Contemporary...….so we can sneak in another Magic Kingdom day.....plus we have a resi for Storybook Dining @ WL that evening too :P

Doug :goofy:

16. ob1thx1138

ob1thx1138 Earning My Ears

Hi all I am a long time lurker / listener / watcher. My wife and I are going to be coming down for our first Dis event.

17. ob1thx1138

ob1thx1138 Earning My Ears

Do we know how many people will be attending the party? It sounds like it is going to be a blast!!!

wiihoo888, cmarsh31 and gcoolie like this.
  18. ewrtomco

ewrtomco Earning My Ears

we are looking forward to the live podcast

disneyholic family and javaman like this.
  19. Dee McGee

Dee McGee Mouseketeer

Just double checking when and where we have to pick up our credentials for the Pandora party.

20. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

John will post all of that info when it is available I’m sure. And registrants will be notified by email too I believe.

disneyholic family and rteetz like this.
  21. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

i don't know if this has been mentioned, but i'd really love to finally go through the actual FOP line...
    i've only ever gone through the FP line, so have never see the avatar in the regular line..
    any chance we'll be able to go through the regular line during the party?