2 rooms mod or 1 rm deluxe?

Tallent

DIS Veteran
Currently booked at wbc but going for spring break and am too nervous about not getting fast passes (and car rentals are still pretty high)—traveling with 4 teens 13,13 and 17, 17 (each child is bringing a friend) can do beach club or 2 rooms at fq. I’ll let the kids go off on their own from time to time so I’ll get some alone time for napping lol or hanging by the pool. Stayed at beach club last year but wasn’t wowed (csr is my fave but not available) but the area is good for the kids and has sab. Never stayed at french quarter but have stayed at por and thought it was ok. And there would be 2 bathrooms lol I’d really prefer to stay onsite the more I think about it—anyone have advice? Cost is relatively comparable btw 2 mod and 1deluxe give or take and within a few hundred of staying offsite.

Glad to hear you went with two rooms! It will be nice to have the extra bathroom and privacy. :)

Another idea would’ve be a family suite at art of animation. You would have 2 bathrooms that way too.

You'll need to have an adult, aged 18 or older registered in each room. And connecting rooms are not guaranteed.

While 2 rooms sounds perfect, you are not guaranteed connecting. There have been instances where people tried for connecting rooms and were placed far apart within the same resort. I would look into the suites at the all stars or at AofA.

You'll need to have an adult, aged 18 or older registered in each room. And connecting rooms are not guaranteed.

This isn't true. We were able to book the 2 rooms without problem--they aged up one of the 17 year olds to 18 and put it in notes that she was really 17. As with anything we were "told" that we have guaranteed connecting rooms but we shall see. The only thing they said was that I was the only one that could check us in which isn't a problem.

This isn't true. We were able to book the 2 rooms without problem--they aged up one of the 17 year olds to 18 and put it in notes that she was really 17. As with anything we were "told" that we have guaranteed connecting rooms but we shall see. The only thing they said was that I was the only one that could check us in which isn't a problem.
No, there is no guarantee that you will have connecting rooms, even if they told you it was guaranteed.

So the CM making your reservation lied on it. Great.

No, there is no guarantee that you will have connecting rooms, even if they told you it was guaranteed.

So the CM making your reservation lied on it. Great.

I'm not worried about it. We've been pretty lucky so far with connecting rooms but are flexible--if it doesn't happen this trip we'll work with it.

They have always aged up when we book rooms. For years I was the only adult when my kids took friends starting at age 13. They always just aged up the 1 of the 6 kids. For the 7 I always had 3 rooms.

Not guaranteed connecting and I always knew that but Disney aged kids up for the rooms all the time especially for groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter