2 Factor Authentication

Can confirm any incorrect password will trigger access via "two" factor identification. I feel like this is a new low for Disney IT. A password system where the password doesn't matter.
I can confirm it as well. I reported it to MS last night.

I saw a post on FB, that you can enter any password you want and it will bring up the authentication code page, which you can then get a code and enter it to get into your account. I’ve tried it a few times, entering random letters and have gotten in. Of course, with a text or email that goes to you, that is probably better security anyway.

That's interesting. It should not be.

When I enter in my code for my cc, I have renter my password. This should work the same way.

I care more about that than a few people running some bots.

Actually it likely drains a good amount of their resources with the bots running and pulling all inventory.

Additionally 2FA is good to protect accounts and to stop people from giving out their accounts to a 3rd party.

Disney's 2FA cost me half of my Early Entry 30-minutes today at DCA. 2FA request came out of the blue as I was trying to login to the Disneyland app and get my first LL. The code from Disney took forever to come through.

Thanks for nothing Disney!

That would be a completely different thread than this. This is about DVC specifically. What WDW or DL does is not related to DVC.

That would be a completely different thread than this. This is about DVC specifically. What WDW or DL does is not related to DVC.
What ? They are the same cooperation led by the same CEO. Their corporate silos are created by them and are their responsibility.

Actually it likely drains a good amount of their resources with the bots running and pulling all inventory.

Additionally 2FA is good to protect accounts and to stop people from giving out their accounts to a 3rd party.
It is one-factor auth , since you can enter Mickey Mouse as your password and it will let you into your account with a text. This is a total failure by Disney.

What ? They are the same cooperation led by the same CEO. Their corporate silos are created by them and are their responsibility.

Its like complaining about issues with your YouTube login to people talking about Gmail. Heck even less so since DVC is not owned by Disney we simply outsource the member services to them.

Yes it falls under a massive organization but they are not related.

Need proof? Go to the WDW app right now, log out, and log back in without 2FA.

Its a Disneyland issue that poster is talking about which is better directed at the Disneyland forum as its not relevant to DVC 2FA and the recent requirement change.

It is one-factor auth , since you can enter Mickey Mouse as your password and it will let you into your account with a text. This is a total failure by Disney.
Ya I had not come across that until you just said it and saw a couple posts on the last page about it.

Seems like an error that will need to get fixed.

Ya I had not come across that until you just said it and saw a couple posts on the last page about it.

Seems like an error that will need to get fixed.

I think they fixed it. I was able to get in with a nonsense password a couple of days ago. I tried again today and it didn’t work. Or rather it did work properly, I needed to put in my real password.

I think they fixed it. I was able to get in with a nonsense password a couple of days ago. I tried again today and it didn’t work. Or rather it did work properly, I needed to put in my real password.
Never mind, not fixed. I just got into the site with a password that’s not my password. You can’t make this stuff up.

Yep, just signed in with a single "x" as my password and then the website went to the text page to send confirmation code and got into the website. Can't believe they let this happen, someone should be fired over this, no excuse for this going live on the website.

Yep, just signed in with a single "x" as my password and then the website went to the text page to send confirmation code and got into the website. Can't believe they let this happen, someone should be fired over this, no excuse for this going live on the website.
Can others please report this to MS? I did a couple of days ago but a single report likely isn't gonna gain any traction to get this ridiculous issue fixed.

I have a new issue. Text codes are not working. Started a few minutes ago. I never get them (can get other text messages). Email codes are still coming through but it's a bigger pain.

I have a new issue. Text codes are not working. Started a few minutes ago. I never get them (can get other text messages). Email codes are still coming through but it's a bigger pain.
Just had this too. Got the text earlier today. Ten minutes later had to login and reverify again and never got the text. Tried email and that sent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts