2 Factor Authentication

I know. The nerve of them! 😄 Actually, I've been getting the 2 step verification for a while now. I just wish I could change it to go to my phone instead of email.

If you are US based, go to MDE and make sure to verify your phone there. If you do, you will get the option for a text.

Maybe this is something DVC is trying to cut down on with this "new enhancement".
I still logged in 6 times to see if my new contract has been added to my account. It didn't cut it down at all; there's just a record of how often I log in now.

Last edited:

it would be nice if it was only once a day. Especially tough on stalkers. Since I often make reservations for my daughter, we will have to come up with a plan to get into her account. Both mine and husban’s account let me do text which is easier than email since it pops upon the screen

it would be nice if it was only once a day. Especially tough on stalkers. Since I often make reservations for my daughter, we will have to come up with a plan to get into her account. Both mine and husban’s account let me do text which is easier than email since it pops upon the screen
You just need to become associate members with your own login credentials. Takes about 10 minutes via a call or chat with MS.

I must be in the minority but I actually think enhanced security of the site and login process is a good thing and frankly long overdue.
The issue is the type of MFA they are using is not secure at all, MFA with your phone or email does not prove you are who you say you are as both those methods are easily compromised. Using an authentication app (like google authenticator, ms authenticator etc,etc) is much more secure as once it is setup it cannot be easily duplicated or accessed without physical access to the one device the app is installed on.

The issue is the type of MFA they are using is not secure at all, MFA with your phone or email does not prove you are who you say you are as both those methods are easily compromised. Using an authentication app (like google authenticator, ms authenticator etc,etc) is much more secure as once it is setup it cannot be easily duplicated or accessed without physical access to the one device the app is installed on.
I disagree because it's not binary (secure or not secure), it's a sliding scale. This is certainly MORE secure than just a password. I agree that I think that this is a good idea.

Okay, thanks for the info. Perhaps you should let DVC know this, as well.

I had to wait 45 seconds for the text with the code, it cost me a christmas day room at BRV.

FIX THE WEBSITE BILL
no it did not.

The website is working fine. 2FA is industry standard. Happy Disney is finally implementing it.

You just need to become associate members with your own login credentials. Takes about 10 minutes via a call or chat with MS.

I am actually an associate on her account. Just never created a login. I’ll have to look into it.

If you are US based, go to MDE and make sure to verify your phone there. If you do, you will get the option for a text.
Thank you for this information.
While it is still a PITA, I at least now get the text with the code and not have to go into my emails.

Where do I go to do this? I just tried logging in 5 times this morning and each verification code came to my email about 30 seconds later causing me to miss out on trying to book a room at the 8am mark. It worked just fine when I tested it earlier, but that's just how things go I guess.

Where do I go to do this? I just tried logging in 5 times this morning and each verification code came to my email about 30 seconds later causing me to miss out on trying to book a room at the 8am mark. It worked just fine when I tested it earlier, but that's just how things go I guess.
  1. On a web browser, go to mydisneyexperience.com
  2. Under the My Disney Experience menu (upper right), click on profile
  3. Click on Account Settings
  4. Assuming your cell phone number is listed, there should be a "verify" link underneath. Click on that to send a text message and confirm accuracy of the cell number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter