2 Factor Authentication

I just logged in and it made me do the two factor verification. I thought it was supposed to start the 16th. Anyone else have it happen today?

Just received an email from DVC indicating that on November 16 we will be required to do 2 step authentication EVERY TIME we login to the website.....this should be fun and not at all annoying.
Not thrilled. I find it a pain in the neck when I have to do it on so many other sites. Yes, I know, safety, safety etc, but still a pain in the neck.

Wonder if DVC has been having security issues.

I just logged in and it made me do the two factor verification. I thought it was supposed to start the 16th. Anyone else have it happen today?
I’ve gotten the prompt from time to time since we joined DVC (Feb ‘21) and also get it randomly logging into the MDE and ESPN.

I'm totally good with it being if you sign in from a new device / browser you need to do two factor -- but if I'm signing in from the same browser and not emptying cache, cookies, etc. it is overkill.
Yeah I agree, at the very least it should be good for a long session time say 8 or 24 hours, I personally find myself logging in multiple times a day when planning a trip or even more so when renting points out.

Never had the prompt before, didn´t get it a few minutes ago, but this is one more thing that is tipping me to getting out of DVC. What a pain!

I HATE this verification process. I'm currently stalking for a missing night on a reservation....I log in multiple times each day (some days as many as 10-12 times)....so the extra step is more than merely annoying. The list of things to hate about DVC/Disney is growing. It makes me very sad. I do not "buy" the excuse they're using (protecting account safety)...ugh and argh.

What I'd like to know is how they are going to deal with 2 people logging into the account. Currently only I have the account. Is it possible to have 2 logins to reference the same contracts? If not, they need to allow 2 cell phones, and 2 emails to be added into the profile.

John

I HATE this verification process. I'm currently stalking for a missing night on a reservation....I log in multiple times each day (some days as many as 10-12 times)....so the extra step is more than merely annoying. The list of things to hate about DVC/Disney is growing. It makes me very sad. I do not "buy" the excuse they're using (protecting account safety)...ugh and argh.
To be perfectly honest it likely is that simple. It is quite common now for businesses to carry cyber security insurance (I can’t imagine Disney doesn’t) and one requirement is ensuring accounts are protected with two step verification.

What I'd like to know is how they are going to deal with 2 people logging into the account. Currently only I have the account. Is it possible to have 2 logins to reference the same contracts? If not, they need to allow 2 cell phones, and 2 emails to be added into the profile.

John
Associate members?

To be perfectly honest it likely is that simple. It is quite common now for businesses to carry cyber security insurance (I can’t imagine Disney doesn’t) and one requirement is ensuring accounts are protected with two step verification.
The second Disney does something that banks, credit card companies, payroll providers, the IRs, and many insurers require for website login, it's all of a sudden a bad thing and "typical" Disney...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter