1st trip to BCV & Room Report

jaysue

DIS Veteran
OK, I have been somewhat remiss in my room and resort reports but will catch up as I can......

BCV 1st Stay Room #252
DW, DS#1 (4yrs old), DS#2 (7mos old), DH (me) and MIL :eek: ;)

Seems like I have a reputation within DVC as being the "hallway boy" - once again, we get the room at the end of the hallway - in this case Room #252 at BCV

It was a Sunday - I had stayed solo at HRH at Universal the two prior nights and this was the day to pick up the family at MCO

Woke up early at HRH and went off to IOA to ride Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges and get myself soaked silly - accomplished this and then rode Spiderman to get an air dry :teeth: - back to HRH for a quick shower, pack the van and off to BCV

Arrived at BCV around 11am and Room #252 was ready and was assigned - went back to the Van, brought it up to Valet and acquired some bell hop assistance to take luggage for 5 to the room (remember we have a young one and I drove down so there was a rather extensive array of luggage involved). Amazingly enough, the CM managed to place all the luggage onto one cart.

CM came to the room and placed the luggage in the exact rooms and areas - I did not think of this - he suggested it and I took him up on the offer. Very friendly and efficient at his work - gave him a $20 tip (I know $10 would have been ok but something made me think he deserved more).

Of course whilst walking to #252, I managed to get lost only twice in the educational experience of navigating the hallways and angles of BCV :earseek:

Went out to the balcony and I thought the view was great - straight ahead was Epcot Soaring construction cranes (DS#1 loves cranes) and also the Epcot Ball with the Fantasia Mickey Arm. The balcony was the full length of the unit - awesome!

Sure the resort road was in the foreground but generally hidden by trees. Then horror of horrors, yes folks the guest had to turn to the right.............

There was the BCV Service Area with Transformers, gates, the whole 9 yards :eek: - well I am somewhat zen like about these situations and realise that someone has to have the room and the facilities need to be there so I let it all go......

The room was in very good shape - it did take me 3 days to figure out all the doors in the bathroom/entry area to the master suite
::yes:: I think the bench seat though is a little on the cheesie side
and should be changed to something a touch more comfortable.

So I had some time before having to go to MCO - I wanted to check out the SAB pool that I had heard so much about. Off I went down to SAB - had a bit of a challenge finding it and I think it is somewhat hokey that you have go through the BC lobby (are there other ways?) to get there from BCV. Was greeted by a CM and obtained my wrist band.

Having said that, SAB exceeded my expectations significantly - I cannot believe how amazing it is - the slide, sandy bottom, lazy river, whirpool area, beach area etc......Just awesome - it was hard to leave to get over to MCO.

Drove over to MCO (after getting changed - LOL) along #417 to pick up the family - I have used MCO before but never from the perspective of picking someone up - the luggage arrival area is massive. Took about 10 minutes to find them at the airport

DS#1 did not know we were going to WDW - he thought we were going to Papa's condo. We talked about the condo, stuff to do etc. DW then said if we are wished together maybe something magical would happen.......DS#1 was getting excited - not sure he knew why

So we are wished for magic and pixie dust and for fun things to happen - I then took the "magic highway" FL#536 and had DS#1 close his eyes - I told him to open them just as we were approaching the gate with Mickey, Minnie and Goofie there - DW and MIL said see what happens sometimes when you wish for magic! :wizard:

This was MIL first experience with DVC - she was very impressed with the resort and impressed with the room (yes Rich, she thought the rooms could be a touch bigger....) :jester:

Anyways we went to BCV which both DS's loved - the older one could not believe all the sand and was laughing and asking why we do not have sand in our pool at home. MIL was visibly impressed with the complex and design and of course DW had a great time swimming especially in the lazy river area. #2 had a great time as well exploring the sandy beach area and just looking around.

It was also really nice to be that close to Epcot and the Boardwalk along with the walk to MGM - fabulous location.

To wrap up, our BCV stay was great, the room was in very good shape - the first night we noticed the noise at the delivery area around 4:40am but it was not enough to keep us awake - after the first night we did not even notice the noise at all.

DS#1 slept in the "camping bed" (rollaway sofa) in the 2nd bedroom with Grams in the Queen bed - #2 slept in a pack n play in the Master bedroom with DW and myself.

It all worked well and we are going to stay at BCV this week!

But tell me :scratchin, what is the Oval all about?

If you have any questions let me know and I will try to answer them

Cheers!
jaysue

Thanks for the report. Glad you had fun - sounds like you like water. When I was at IOA in Oct, Pluto's was closed, but I got drenched on Dudley.....

I was on the oval once too. I kept looking at it wondering....why? why? ......thinking that I was missing something. Glad I'm not the only one.....

And do you remember - was the CMs name Michael? He took our bags up once and there was a huge snafu and he was awesome. Got a $20 tip and a letter after.

And I agree about the bench, but didn't find I sat on it much.......and all the doors :) Took me a while to figure out that yu can close the door to the bedroom......

You make it sound so wonderful. OK, so maybe I do wanna go back! ;)

The oval... Anyone got a pic of this? I've read about it before. What is it? Just a oval area in the grass?

Views... Ya, know I'm one of those that are funny about this. I just don't want to see a parking lot, ect. when I'm at WDW. I like to feel I'm far from the real world.
But, despite the service area view you had I must say the view of the Epcot ball would make up for it for me. And I'm sure my daughter wouldn't even notice the service area, all she'd be looking at is the ball! Could you see any IlluminNatiosn form that room?

Thanks for posting! Have fun there on the next leg!

Thanks all so far

Funny, the CM name was Michael.....

I love the water rides - my motto is go prepared and ride to you are at least drenched - prepared to me means polypro shirt, quick dry shorts, and tevas - no ponchos et al........So get wet but wear something that has a chance at drying out - 8 times on Bluto's one day and 4 times the next. Rode KRR 5 times in a row once - of course I get so wet I generally leave the park(s) after that, rest, recover, regroup and head back out

The oval is an area on the Epcot side of the Villas that is a narrow concrete walk that goes literally in an oval and takes you back to where you start - very nice looking and symetrical but gotta track down the imagineers to see what was going on at the time when this was designed

Shan, Illuminations was viewable from the room - to see the service area you had to turn to your right 90 degrees - i.e. it was not in the field of vision looking towards Soaring and Epcot

Room #250 would not have this same issue (for example)

Thanks again all!

Thank you for the report. I would like to stay at BCV sometime. When I purchased resale I was torn between BCV and BWV. Your report definately confirms my thinking that BCV would have been a good choice too!

By the way, what do you mean by "oval". What and where is it?:) Again Jaysue, thanks for the report!

Sounds like a wonderful trip so far (except for the getting wet part)! Great report on the pool. I always here people say they like it, but I have never heard a discription, and yours was very good.

The Oval is a return walkway that runs "behind" BCV on the Epcot/Epcot Resorts Blvd side - I am going to try and get some pictures of it

Perhaps it was made by the same aliens that are helping to build the DVC on Mars :p

Anyways, it does not get you anywhere other than a nice walk around the back of BCV near the treed area - basically if you start from the parking area near BCV and facing BCV go to the left (i.e. not over the bridge) and you will see a straight walkway which then leads to the oval

It is a nice walk but it is not typical for Disney to build something that goes nowhere

thanks
jaysue

Hi, we had room #352 in December. If you looked up you might have noticed it only had one small balcony from the living room, not enough room for a 2 br unit. :(
But the view of the Epcot ball from our master bedroom window was WONDERFUL!

What a great report!

Great report!! We aren't staying back at BCV until December, but you are getting me very excited! We have been there once but only in a studio with a courtyard view (I think the crappiest view at BCV) so hopefully we will get an Epcot view like you did. I can deal with the service area if I get to see fireworks ;)

Thanks for sharing and have a great trip!

Great report, jaysue. Gald you had such a good experience. Always fun to read your posts as you have such a positive outlook!

Funny, the CM name was Michael.....

I must have been the same one, although I know they do rotate. It just sounds like him, as he did the same thing for us. Awesome CM!

If we are ever there at the same time and you need someone to get soaked with you - I would be happy to do it. I can ride the water rides forever......

My understanding is that within the oval was going to be a beautiful flower garden, but it has yet to happen.

Super report!

By the way, if it's any consolation, I have the "hallway boy" title all sewed up at VLW whenever I stay there.

Love the replies -

Excellent insight on the Oval - that would be a pretty garden spot - too bad it is not happened yet

Have not stayed at VWL yet, I promised lenshanem (Shan) that I will so I can answer the eternal life question "What is the best DVC WDW property in your opinion" - of course by the time I get to VWL will have to add SSR as well - oh well, hey DW, time for another vacation! :sunny:

BCV23, thanks for your kind words - I have shifted to a view of the glass is 95% full versus XX% empty - makes life a whole lot easier

kathleena, you are on - hopefully one of these years the schedules will match - for what it is worth, I went on the Barges 8x time in a row at IOA - 5x with a huge family from Tampa - they were having such a fun time, I could not bear to leave as long as they were going around time and time again - their attitude was infectious

thanks
jaysue

Gotta pack my bag for BCV - I am so lucky and fortunate
:earsboy:

jaysue--

What a wonderful trip report! Reading it makes me so exited that I'll be there soon! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :hyper: Can you tell I can't wait???

Enjoy your next one!
Nancy:earsgirl:

Originally posted by SCDizneyDawn
Hi, we had room #352 in December. If you looked up you might have noticed it only had one small balcony from the living room, not enough room for a 2 br unit. :(
But the view of the Epcot ball from our master bedroom window was WONDERFUL!

What a great report!

Hey, we had villa 352 last May - it was a stellar view of Spaceship Earth...

My favorite is the first floor...it is so convienent to just walk to the pool, parking lot, and to the hotel. Sandie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!