$190 housekeeping charge

Gosh, I'm of the opinion that yes, I check for all my stuff under the bed, but what IF something did get missed? I would seriously hope that housekeeping would find my missing item and I could get it back. I would hope that they would already be checking/cleaning under the bed.

Having said that, we did find an entire six pack in Dad's fridge waiting for us (thanks!) but I assumed that housekeeping left it in there for us because everyone in our party was over 21 (and we did make use of it.) But perhaps it was overlooked (which could be a concern to those who are NOT all over 21) but I seriously would hope they would be cleaning the fridges out before the new guests come, just like I would hope they would be checking under the bed for missing items (especially for their own DCL items...)

We left five of a six pack in our fridge due to packing constraints. When did you sail? :-D

srferson said:
Is that even possible? I thought that you have to have a credit card on file.
I could be remembering that wrong, but I thought it's required.

I don't think you have to have a cc on file. You can choose the cash option and settle the bill on the last night/before you debark on the last morning.

Just want to let everyone know that DCL has removed the $190 from my sister's bill. There is no joy in writing that... just relief. We have felt awful about the whole situation.

Well I'll feel joyful for you then. Glad it was removed. I know it seems like it took forever, but it's been maybe two? contacts once you figured out what the charge was for. Pretty neat I say.

Anyone know how many rooms stateroom hosts are assigned on a cruise?

I was wondering the same thing. On our latest Magic cruise we were visiting with our stateroom hostess and she said there are about 60 cabin hosts/hostesses on a cruise. There are about 875 cabins on the Magic, so it works out to roughly 14 cabins per host/hostess.

I don't think you have to have a cc on file. You can choose the cash option and settle the bill on the last night/before you debark on the last morning.

Hmm. Well then, the question of what they'd do if you took their phones or their (apparently diamond stuffed) pillow is an interesting one. Guess they'd just have to send a bill.

So glad the OP had the charge removed. I expect as much from Disney. As for those that seem to be a bit paranoid in that they take inventory of their room before and after, I have NEVER done that. I take about 6 trips a year of one sort or another and have stayed in a number of different hotels and cruise lines and I have never had trouble with these honor bars or items in the room. I have seen charges on a couple of occasions and a simple call to the front desk solves the problem. Relax and enjoy your vacation. This thread should be proof to many that you don't really need to sweat it.

I have to say that I agree that being "targeted" was highly unlikely. In four cruises, we have had at least one teenager sailing with us every time, and I have never felt that they were looked upon as "those evil teenagers" by the cruise cast members. I have seen it other places, but not there.

I have to say that I agree that being "targeted" was highly unlikely. In four cruises, we have had at least one teenager sailing with us every time, and I have never felt that they were looked upon as "those evil teenagers" by the cruise cast members. I have seen it other places, but not there.
Just a note, you're responding to a thread from 2 years ago.

Its funny to see people thinking that taking a photo of it on the way out is going to help anything. It will only show that you took the photo. You would need something like the stateroom host in the photo to show you didnt go back into the room.

I take photos of the rental cars when I get them and when I return them. I make sure that the return photos show some identifying items inside the rental property.

Its funny to see people thinking that taking a photo of it on the way out is going to help anything. It will only show that you took the photo. You would need something like the stateroom host in the photo to show you didnt go back into the room.

I take photos of the rental cars when I get them and when I return them. I make sure that the return photos show some identifying items inside the rental property.
I usually include the daily Navigator in the photo, showing the date. Plus, my camera has date/time stamp on the photos.

I usually include the daily Navigator in the photo, showing the date. Plus, my camera has date/time stamp on the photos.

So?

You take a picture, steal the pillow, the laundry bag after you take them?
What does it prove?
You can change the time on your camera at will. So change it 10 minutes forward, photo the stuff, take it, then change it back to regular time?

Unless you video all of these things in place, you leaving the cabin, closing the door and travelling down to leave the ship in one continuous uninterrupted video, it proves nothing, or am I missing something?

So?

You take a picture, steal the pillow, the laundry bag after you take them?
What does it prove?
You can change the time on your camera at will. So change it 10 minutes forward, photo the stuff, take it, then change it back to regular time?

Unless you video all of these things in place, you leaving the cabin, closing the door and travelling down to leave the ship in one continuous uninterrupted video, it proves nothing, or am I missing something?

That would probably work. An unbroken chain showing that you left the items in the room and did not return.

I know this thread is old, but what kind of pillow is it? And why would they leave an expensive pillow in the rooms? Just curious.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter