12 days in WDW, where we ate...FINAL INSTALLMENT

Erikarate

married her prince
Recap places and players:
Me, DH, DD 8, DS 6
4 days at AKL Concierge, 8 days at BWV (1 BR unit)

Rating Scale:
10- everything perfect...food, service, atmosphere (very rare)
9- excellent, almost perfect
7-8- very good, overall great experience
5-6- mediocre, might not return
3-4- bad, not returning
1-2- should close this place down!!!

We took it easy the last couple of days as far as getting to the parks. We've done them enough over the years so that we can relax and take advantage of the resort (i.e. swim at the pool, hang on the BW etc...

7/20/03- dinner, 50's PrimeTime
Although this is one of our favorite places because of atmosphere and the fun wait staff, we must admit the food in the past had been somewhat inconsistent.

However, this evening was probably the best overall meal we've had here yet. Our server "cousin Alicia" was GREAT. I liked the way she was able to get all of her tables interacting on the "gags". DH had to stand in the corner for blowing his straw paper at DS (I was thinking GOOD!!!). Everyone pointed their finger at him and said shame shame! ...We all signed a birthday card for a woman at another table...We all watched as a woman from another table tried to hide her green beans with a little boy sitting next to us (because they tell you to eat your veggies). When her waitress found this out she put HER in the corner...when their dessert came out guess what the woman was served...YUP...green beans with whipped cream!!! It was hysterical.

DH started us with a plate of fries for the table before we ordered as we were real hungry...They were good but a tad cold. This was the only disappointment of the evening. I had the famous fried chicken. It was just as Alicia said it would be: crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. Served with green beans and mashed. EXCELLENT. DH had the pot roast with the same beans and mashed. Very flavorful, tender beef. Kids had the usual fare...hot dogs and chicken nuggets.

For dessert, the kids had build your own sundae which had different toppings in plastic cups around the plate. I had my favorite PB & J shake...as full as I was (I ate only about half my entree) I could NOT stop drinking this thing. It is awesome...IMO I had the best dessert of the group. DH had Dad's sundae which is huge, even too big for my big guy. This had a bunch of different toppings including caramel corn and brownie. It was good, but I like the simpler type desserts.

Overall rating: 9, very high for a place that serves comfort foods and ice cream, but really a great experience...thanks esp. to Alicia.

Our last full day we again decided to take it easy. We slept in and went to Celebration. We love this town and hope to one day move here.

7/21/03 - Breakfast, Market Street Cafe
This is an excellent place for breakfast. We've eaten here several times, but never for lunch/dinner. The menu for these meals looks great.

The atmosphere is upscale 50's diner, with gourmet twists on the classics. For example the pancakes are super fluffy traditional cakes, but served with maple butter that is to die for. I normally don't like a whole lot of butter on my pancakes, but I had slathers of this stuff. DH stole some from the kids for his toast. (I had a short stack with scrambled, the kids had kiddie order of pancakes). DH had a western omelettle with homefries. Another bonus is the large mugs for the coffee.

Service friendly and efficient. Small town feel to the place.

Overall rating: 8, great food will keep us coming again and again.

7/21/03 dinner, Hollywood Brown Derby

We opted for the fantasmic package which includes appetizer, entree, and dessert per person (kids also include drink). I had to start the Potato Crusted Lump Crab Cake with frisee tossed in citrus beet vinaigrette and a spicy remoulade . It was very good...large chunks of fresh crab meat. DH had the cobb salad (which is normally for two, but the waiter allowed it). If you have not had this it is a must. Finely chopped lettuce, egg, avocado, tomato, bacon, blue cheese and turkey. It is cold and refreshing. We both ordered the filet of beef...can't remember the accompaniments, but it was very good.

For dessert I had the grapefuit cake. WOW. It is yellow cake with fresh grapefruit cream cheese icing and citrus candy. DH ahd the white chocolate cheese cake with strawberries...very good.

Didn't write down what the kids ate...sorry.

Service was very good. We liked our waiter and felt sorry for him because he was having a bad day (dropped a butter dish onto someones table, butter first...tripped on a chair...poor guy).

Overall rating: 8 1/2, very good, a favorite...will be back most likely every trip.

Sadly this is my final review for this trip. :( It's like living the disappointment all over again...(not really, but a little) :p ...

7/22/03 - lunch, Rainforest Cafe
After hanging by the pool for the morning, we showered and checked out of BWV, then drove to downtown (little did we know that our flight would be cancelled due to severe thunderstorms in the NE).

This is another place we keep coming to despite mediocre food. The atmosphere is just so cool...

I had the cyclone crab cake sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and a spicy "Safari sauce". I enjoyed this very much...got it with "safari fries" which used to be waffle cut but are now steak fries...I like them better now. Before they were to dried out.

DH had a burger with cheese and bacon...said it was good. The kids split a cheese and chicken quesadilla (without the peppers and onion)...which is made with pita vs. tortilla. Tasted like grilled cheese.

Overall rating: 7, will come again because it's so fun...the food was pretty good this time

Well, until next time...any questions...

I enjoyed every one of your reviews. You have such a way of describing your meals I can almost taste them too! Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

Enjoyed all your reviews. Thanks for posting them.

We HAVE to get over to Celebration one of these days!

Thanks for taking the time to share your reviews. :)

Thanks for all the great reviews. I've luved reading them!!!

I hate to see your trip come to an end, too, because I've really been enjoying your reviews. You're so good with the details that it almost felt like I was there with you. Thank you for that. I hope you don't have to wait too long to go back, again.

Pat

127 days and counting . . . again!

Enjoyed all the reviews!!
Never really thought about a Celebration retaurant for breakfast, but that Market Street cafe sounds good. And Celebration is just around the corner from WDW---think we'll give it a try in Sept.

I've really enjoyed reading them all!

We are trying alot of new places and ones that were on your list!
Was pleased to read recent reviews. Can't wait to try some of these places!

Thanks again!

Scratch
:smooth:

Uncleromulus-

That's great! Have you ever been to Celebration? It is extremely charming. We love it. It's just off I-4, follow signs...it's pretty easy...

In case you're interested, here's a link to Celebrations official website which describes the different restaurants in their dining district...to tell the truth I can't understand after reading all the descriptions why we haven't tried more of these places. I think they sound like something you and Mrs. Uncleromulus might like:

http://www.celebrationfl.com/market_street/dining.html

...looking forward to your reviews in Sept....

OH BTW, we did have ice cream one night at Herman's Ice Cream which was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter