10th Annual DVC Christmas Tree Exchange

Hi! This is wonderful and I would love to be included. We are a family, checking in 12/25 and checking out 1/1. We are staying at the VWL with our 5 year old son. I would also like to donate a tree -- but don't know how?!?! Thank you! :-) Dana

The donating process is pretty easy.

1) Get a tree - 3'-4' is best.

2) I'll let you know when to ship it and to whom. I'll let you know in October after the list is finalized.

3) Include decorations for your tree. Some theme these to the resort, some just use general Christmas decorations. You can also include things like extra lights for the room and extension cord(s). Families often add their own ornament(s), so don't over decorate.

4) Optionally, a gift for the families (such as candy) is often included.

5) The donor will also include an envelope for donations. This will be used to collect funds for the last family to ship the tree back and also to help defray the donor's costs.

Let me know if there are any other questions!

Sounds great and easy! Thank you for explaining. I am in for decorating a tree! Can't wait...will we know where our tree is going (I may decorate with the resort theme in mind)? :-) Dana

We would love to participate. Myself, DH, DS18 and DD16 will be staying at Kidani from Dec 20th to the 27th. It is our 25th wedding anniversary on the 26th. So we have many things to celebrate this trip.

Thanks! Do not forget to PM or email me with the name the res is under and your e-mail!

Jeff

mrshiny at gmail dot com

FAMILIES

Thanks SOOOO much for organizing this...

We'll be in SSR/TH Dec. 9-15.

I will PM with details.

We're thrilled!

What a great idea...

KJB

If you want to participate, include these:

1) Name reservation is under
2) E-mail address
3) DIS name
4) Dates and resort
5) Ages of any children

Thanks! We have plenty of time, but when it comes down to finalizing the list only those with all the important info will be included.

You can PM me or email mrshiny at gmail dot com

Verizon.net users who had trouble getting to the spreadsheet should be OK. On the Google boards there was a report that this cleared up yesterday. Not sure if Google or Berizon fixed it, but you should be good.

If anyone else I don't know about is having trouble getting to the spreadsheet, let me know!

Final assignmenments of donors and who hands off which tree to whom won't happen until the list is closed in October, but I'll keep updating the sheet with how things look up until that time.

One advance planning time for donors - try packing in a box with bright colors on all sides. This can help it stand out in the baggage room when people are looking for it.

Also, the thing that seemed to help most last year was everyone recording the name (and taking a photo if possible) of the person they hand the tree off to at the resort. That's the person who, when no one else can find it, remembers where the tree was placed!

If you don't have a link to the spreadsheet at all, that probably means I don't have your e-mail address, or copied it incorrectly. Please let me know.

Jeff

Still need info for emacek. Contact me please!

Kidani seems the hot place this Christmas - might add a second tree there the way it looks.

We would love to be included VWL Dec 9-15 it's our 20 anniversary trip. No kids joining us this trip so please, if someone has kids for the same date include them before us.

Great - I need your email to send you the link to the sheet!

We would love to be included VWL Dec 9-15 it's our 20 anniversary trip. No kids joining us this trip so please, if someone has kids for the same date include them before us.

I now have everyone's information!

As a reminder, we will take people who want to participate either as a tree family or a donor until October 26th.

We will be at OKW Dec 30-Jan 4. My son is in the CP so we will be celebrating Christmas with him when we get there. My parents are driving in too so it will be Christmas with them as well. It's ten of us....Me, DH, DS (22 in CP), DD 20, DD 17, DD 14, DS 23 months, DD's boyfriend 20, mom and dad.

I'll send all the info via PM.

Thanks for doing this! I did a Pal Mickey swap a few years ago and remember how much planning it took.

Not to change the subject but there are a lot of "kids" who are away from home for the first time. They will be gone over the holidays. Be extra kind to them when you see them (their name badges say "college program" on it). I can get you all some names and such if you want to share some type of pixie dust their way.
Thanks!
Tracey

We would love to participate! We will be at SSR Dec 19-22 and have two girls, ages 9 & 11. We would be willing to donate a tree also.

Great idea!:yay:

What a Magical Idea!!

Our first xmas time visit will be at BLT, 11/23 - 12/1. Two kids ages 8 & 11.

Thank you!

I just want to say something about this thread.

This exchange was started and done by wdwstar (Sue) and if she was doing it it would be the 10th year. So this is really the 2nd year for Mr Shiny if he has decided to take over a event that someone else has started and work hard at keeping it going for 8 years.

Elf Jim.

Yes, I claim no credit for starting this and anyone is welcome! Sue and I worked on this last year and she thanked me for doing most of the work. I got it started this year, but anyone is more than welcome to take over if they wish!

I just want to say something about this thread.

This exchange was started and done by wdwstar (Sue) and if she was doing it it would be the 10th year. So this is really the 2nd year for Mr Shiny if he has decided to take over a event that someone else has started and work hard at keeping it going for 8 years.

Elf Jim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter