100 (Nope...It's just about time!!!) Days til Our First Family Trip!

Getting so close!!!!!

Can't wait to hear/see how the shirts come out. I made a ton for our trip in September! 16 total:scared1:

Good luck with the sale:)

Have fun selling/shopping. I need to get hooked up in the one I always see advertised around my house. I have so much stuff and yard sales just dont attract as much for kids items as a group childrens sale does. Good luck.

Thanks! The sale was a total success. I brought several big things to sell, and all of those were gone when I left there this morning. I sold a lot of smaller toys and some clothes, but I won't know how much until I go to pick up the leftovers in an hour. Hopefully I'll come back with a small pile! I also had great success shopping-I got 2 travel Magnadoodles for $.25 each, some books for Cooper's airplane bag, some take and toss sippies, and my best find...a Graco stroller rain cover for $1! I still need one more, but to find something I was about to go pay full price for at $1 makes me so happy! All told I spent $89 and left with 3 tubs full, including one whole tub full of fall/winter clothes. I love these sales!

I just came across your PTR and am all caught up! I love it. We go in October with our Little One's with a 4:3 adult to kids ratio!!

Welcome:cheer2:! I've been having fun reading your PTR as well. It's nice to outnumber the kids, isn't it? I'm hoping it helps with my two wild boys!

Getting so close!!!!!

Can't wait to hear/see how the shirts come out. I made a ton for our trip in September! 16 total:scared1:

Good luck with the sale:)

I am hoping the transfers will come in the mail today, and then I can get started tomorrow. I only got about 5 hours sleep last night from being at the sale late and going in early today, so I don't know that I trust myself with an iron tonight! I have 18 to do, if they go well! I am so nervous about how they will turn out...what kind of surface did you make them on? An ironing board isn't hard enough, right?

The big news...we FINALLY got our Mickey Mail! It came yesterday, and I had a blast showing the boys all the pictures in the brochures and maps that were in there. They are getting really excited, even Cooper. But our DME tags weren't in there, just some cute luggage tags. Were they supposed to be, or do they come separate?

Thanks! The sale was a total success. I brought several big things to sell, and all of those were gone when I left there this morning. I sold a lot of smaller toys and some clothes, but I won't know how much until I go to pick up the leftovers in an hour. Hopefully I'll come back with a small pile! I also had great success shopping-I got 2 travel Magnadoodles for $.25 each, some books for Cooper's airplane bag, some take and toss sippies, and my best find...a Graco stroller rain cover for $1! I still need one more, but to find something I was about to go pay full price for at $1 makes me so happy! All told I spent $89 and left with 3 tubs full, including one whole tub full of fall/winter clothes. I love these sales!

Welcome:cheer2:! I've been having fun reading your PTR as well. It's nice to outnumber the kids, isn't it? I'm hoping it helps with my two wild boys!

I am hoping the transfers will come in the mail today, and then I can get started tomorrow. I only got about 5 hours sleep last night from being at the sale late and going in early today, so I don't know that I trust myself with an iron tonight! I have 18 to do, if they go well! I am so nervous about how they will turn out...what kind of surface did you make them on? An ironing board isn't hard enough, right?

The big news...we FINALLY got our Mickey Mail! It came yesterday, and I had a blast showing the boys all the pictures in the brochures and maps that were in there. They are getting really excited, even Cooper. But our DME tags weren't in there, just some cute luggage tags. Were they supposed to be, or do they come separate?

I used an ironing board and it worked fine. I did put a think piece of cardboard in the middle of the shirt just to make it a bit firmer. It worked great! 18 ??? You beat my record:laughing: Can't wait to see them!

DME does come seperate from your reservation stuff. Not sure why, but it does. You should be getting that any day now:banana:

Some progress has been made, woo hoo!:yay: I was a busy bee yesterday, and got the Epcot Passports and our autograph books made. I am so excited to have some things crossed off my list. All (ha!) that I have left to do is 18 t-shirts. No problem-that should take an hour or two, right?:rotfl:

So, without further ado...here's my stuff! (wait, that came out wrong!)

The passports, pressed penny tubes, and stroller tags (that I had to put our name on myself!)
DSC_3602.jpg

Better look at the Passports. I am so excited about these. I have the Word document if anyone else wants to make them. They were pretty easy once we figured it out, and they look so cute!
DSC_3603.jpg

The autograph books.
DSC_3606.jpg

DSC_3607.jpg

I spent a couple of hours on these, but I'm happy with how they came out. I covered chipboard in paper, and then used embellishments I'd already bought for scrapbooking when we come back to decorate. Then I punched holes in the 4x6 index cards and put it all on binder rings. What I like about this is that I can take out the pages as they are signed, so as to hopefully keep safe ones we've already gotten. I had no idea how many pages they'd need, so I put 50 in each. Do you think that's enough? I'm planning to make them albums with their pictures with the characters along with the signatures. But, really, if the books survive, maybe we can just add pictures to these. We'll see!

Oh, and this has nothing to do with Disney, but my baby started Pre-K today, so I have to post his 1st Day of School picture on here.
DSC_3597.jpg

I can't believe he's this big already. I will be a blubbering mess next year for Kindergarten!:sad: Griffin is going 4 mornings a week (M-Th) this year, and Cooper is going 2 mornings (T&Th), which means tomorrow when they both go, will officially be the best day in the world! :woohoo: Any other SAHM on here knows what I mean, right?

Still no transfers, but hopefully they'll come today. I am totally ready and able to start t-shirts, so let's get transferring!!

FANTASTIC Job!!!!!!

I would love to have that Passport template. I can PM you my email if you don't mind?!

The autograph books are great too! I'm thinking about making this my next project (while I wait for my transfers to arrive LOL)! Nothing like the last minute eh? :rolleyes1

Enjoy your FREE day tomorrow - you deserve it!!!! Ben is going full time in September and Logan too! - back to work for me (I'm off 3 months out of the year - a nice balance but wish I only worked for 8 moths) :yay:

I don't mind a bit. It was really easy, you just have to flip each page over to print on the back side. They lined up nicely though, and then cut them out, round the corners, and staple together. I know my boys will have fun getting the stamps or whatever in each country, and hopefully it will keep them a little more "into" the WS! Just PM your e-mail...

Ooh ooh, i want a copy too:lovestruc

Ok, so question... you are waiting for your transfers to come in the mail? I just ask because I've always just printed mine out myself. What kind of transfers are they?? Are they cut out yet because that's the most time consuming part for me!

Just PM me your e-mail addy too, and I'll send it to you! I'm waiting on the transfer paper to come in the mail. I ordered it from someone on the Creative Disigns board, and supposedly it's like the awesomest paper ever, and super easy to use. So no, I have done zero on these shirts other than gathering all the designs up. We'll see how this goes! Oh, and question for you since you're the t-shirt making Goddess...what size did you print your transfers for your kids? One will be on an XS (2-4) and the other on a small (6-8). Actually, what size did you print the adults too? Thanks!

Just PM me your e-mail addy too, and I'll send it to you! I'm waiting on the transfer paper to come in the mail. I ordered it from someone on the Creative Disigns board, and supposedly it's like the awesomest paper ever, and super easy to use. So no, I have done zero on these shirts other than gathering all the designs up. We'll see how this goes! Oh, and question for you since you're the t-shirt making Goddess...what size did you print your transfers for your kids? One will be on an XS (2-4) and the other on a small (6-8). Actually, what size did you print the adults too? Thanks!

Sending you my email now. Thanks!

For the shirts, what I did was request the DISign on the DISign boards and once someone made one for me (Tylenn is the BEST DISigner) I would right click and save it to my pictures. The I would go pull up the pic and choose print. It gives me an option of size. For the adult shirts, I would use 8X10 and for the kids shirts, I used 5X7. Sorry, hope that wasn't TMI since you just asked what size I did:rotfl:

It's really easy to do from home. I buy the transfer paper from Michael's and it runs through my printer just like regular paper. I've never had any problems. Have you already seen your graphics?? If you get really anxious, I can tell you what paper to buy and you can try it yourself! Good luck, and thanks in advance for the passport doc!:thumbsup2

Sending you my email now. Thanks!

For the shirts, what I did was request the DISign on the DISign boards and once someone made one for me (Tylenn is the BEST DISigner) I would right click and save it to my pictures. The I would go pull up the pic and choose print. It gives me an option of size. For the adult shirts, I would use 8X10 and for the kids shirts, I used 5X7. Sorry, hope that wasn't TMI since you just asked what size I did:rotfl:

It's really easy to do from home. I buy the transfer paper from Michael's and it runs through my printer just like regular paper. I've never had any problems. Have you already seen your graphics?? If you get really anxious, I can tell you what paper to buy and you can try it yourself! Good luck, and thanks in advance for the passport doc!:thumbsup2

No, not TMI at all! That's exactly what I am trying to figure out. I was kind of thinking the same sizes you did, so it's good to know I'm on the right track. I have all the disigns I've found/requested all saved in My Pictures on my computer. So if I understand correctly (and please tell me if I don't!), I just print them onto the transfer paper I ordered (like regular paper, just like yours), trim around them, and iron them on, right?

The papers I ordered are supposed to be easier to transfer than the Avery, etc. ones in the stores, plus I guess they're less likely to crack, bleed through... IDK, enough people swore by them that I bit the bullet and ordered them. And I tried to make it easy on myself and pick bordered box-style designs for all my colored shirts (so no intricate cutting around), and then for the ones going on white shirts, I should be able to just trim closely, right?

Please, please tell me if I am not understanding this stuff well. I don't want to waste time, transfer paper, or shirts. Every other thing I have made for this trip has been harder and took longer than I expected, so naturally, I am terrified for the shirt making! :scared1:

Thanks!

No, not TMI at all! That's exactly what I am trying to figure out. I was kind of thinking the same sizes you did, so it's good to know I'm on the right track. I have all the disigns I've found/requested all saved in My Pictures on my computer. So if I understand correctly (and please tell me if I don't!), I just print them onto the transfer paper I ordered (like regular paper, just like yours), trim around them, and iron them on, right?

The papers I ordered are supposed to be easier to transfer than the Avery, etc. ones in the stores, plus I guess they're less likely to crack, bleed through... IDK, enough people swore by them that I bit the bullet and ordered them. And I tried to make it easy on myself and pick bordered box-style designs for all my colored shirts (so no intricate cutting around), and then for the ones going on white shirts, I should be able to just trim closely, right?

Please, please tell me if I am not understanding this stuff well. I don't want to waste time, transfer paper, or shirts. Every other thing I have made for this trip has been harder and took longer than I expected, so naturally, I am terrified for the shirt making! :scared1:

Thanks!

Ok, I personally don't find the whole iron on process to be very hard, but it is time consuming. I have done my share of shirts though, but even on my first one, it wasn't that hard. Here is the transfer paper that I use from Michael's..

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=gc0433

I too make my designs easy by having a box around them. Even if I get a design from a DISiger and it doesn't have a box, I'll add one in Microsoft Paint. Even I can figure that out:rotfl: You just run the paper through your printer, let it dry for a few minutes, peel the backing off, lay the graphic on your t-shirt, put the piece of parchment type paper that comes with the transfers over the graphic and iron. There are directions on how to do all of this in the package. I think it costs like $7.99 for 5 sheets and they're 8.5 X 11 which means you can get 2 5X7's out of one sheet.

Now, explain to me how you "ordered" your transfers. Did you actually pay someone to do them? Do you know what kind of paper they're on? Just curious. I have to say that the last ones I made did run a bit but I think it was the printer that I used. It was my sisters because mine died. I don't know if itwas the ink or the paper. I have all of our shirts from the first trip and they'll fine. I think it was the ink.

And I so hope I'm not stressing you out with this! I'm sure they'll be there in plenty of time and easy to do. I'd be happy to help you out with any other questions! And I would love to see your graphics. Or are they a suprise??:)

OK, major problem...what I ordered was transfer paper. Just the plain, blank paper for me to print my own transfers using the DISigns from here. When they didn't come today, I e-mailed the woman who sells them and asked to clarify the address, as well as ask where she was shipping from. She replied, and mailed them to my address from 3 years ago! So I won't ever get them, right? I've replied and asked that if they will just come back to her, can I cancel the order. If she has to start from scratch with sending them, then I will never get them in time. I don't really know how this happened. I paid with Paypal, and apparently my "home" address is my current one, but my confirmed address is the old one and that's the one attached to the bank acccount used (which I don't get since the bank uses our correct address, but whatever). So I guess this is my fault, and I don't know if she'll do anything to help me out. Anyway, I'll see how nice she is about it. So I guess I will be getting those sheets from Michaels in the meantime. Oh, I am so bummed!

Oh no!!!! Well, I'm glad you called to check on them! What kind of paper is it?I'm very curious! That is so frustrating! I hope she has pity on you! If not, the paper I told you about works just fine. Have no fear:goodvibes

Loved all your projects, especially the autograph books. They all look great.

Love the 1st day of preK pic too. So exciting yet so sad that your baby is growing up. I know the feeling. Ryan starts in his Pre-K classroom next monday. You would think I wouldnt be bothered since hes been in daycare since he was an infant but I feel sad too that he is just getting so big so fast. Where does the time go?

Good luck with the paper. I am sure it will work out ok. Sorry I cant offer much advice since Ive never done transfers before but I bet the store bought stuff will be ok.

And look at the bright side. Only 14 days til disneyparty:

CRISIS AVERTED!!! After 3 hours of phone calls and e-mails, I finally got ahold of the current owner of our old house, and she actually received it and was holding it for a few days just in case I tried to find it! I can't believe it! She's going to leave it on her front porch and I can get it tomorrow. I am so relieved; I'm pretty sure I was having some heart problems while this was sorted out.

And for the record, Amy (aka the transfer lady) was awesome in her response. She was willing to send out a second set for just the cost of shipping, and hope the other set was returned to her. Pretty great!

So hopefully I can post tomorrow with a couple of shirt pictures!

CRISIS AVERTED!!! After 3 hours of phone calls and e-mails, I finally got ahold of the current owner of our old house, and she actually received it and was holding it for a few days just in case I tried to find it! I can't believe it! She's going to leave it on her front porch and I can get it tomorrow. I am so relieved; I'm pretty sure I was having some heart problems while this was sorted out.

And for the record, Amy (aka the transfer lady) was awesome in her response. She was willing to send out a second set for just the cost of shipping, and hope the other set was returned to her. Pretty great!

Whew! I am glad you were able to track down your papers! :thumbsup2 The projects you have completed so far look awesome.

Can you believe you have 14 more days to go! I am down to 12...I keep thinking to myself "is it ever going to get here?" and then suddenly I am "OMG, I can check in on-line in 2 days!" :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Whew! I am glad you were able to track down your papers! :thumbsup2 The projects you have completed so far look awesome.

Can you believe you have 14 more days to go! I am down to 12...I keep thinking to myself "is it ever going to get here?" and then suddenly I am "OMG, I can check in on-line in 2 days!" :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Woo hoo for 12 days! That's nothing! Have you got everything ready? Any last minute details you're still working on?

Soooo glad this worked out for you! You'll be a busy bee today:thumbsup2

Phew... that was a close one! But it all works out in the end. I'm glad you don't have to use the Michael's paper - I did once and it was HORRIBLE!!! I ordered from Amy as well :yay:
Keep up the great work! Hope the boys are doing well :)

Sounds like you have gotten some disney magic already. I am so glad you were able to get the transfers and get started on your shirts. Cant wait to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter