100 (Nope...It's just about time!!!) Days til Our First Family Trip!

glad to have helped. Thats why I love these boards cause when you forget someone else reminds you of what you need! I have started giving myself certain tasks to complete each day too. It seems I get more stuff done that way. Cant wait to hear what you find at the dollar store. Have a great time bouncing. We have a similar place here called bounce U. The kids love it.

This is going to sound so pathetic, but share your tasks with me, okay? I'm starting to feel a little stressed. I looked at that 20 day ticker, and it made me feel excited, sure, but mostly panicked about all that I want to do before we go! Granted, the boys start back at preschool next week, so then I'll have a couple quiet mornings a week, but arghhhhh!!! Not much time left!

I don't know that anyone wants to see this, but since a few of us are leaving shortly, I thought I'd put up my packing list since I just typed it out anyway. Maybe (like sippy cups) there's something you forgot to add. Maybe (I'm hoping!), there's something I'm forgetting and you'll tell me!

For Parks:
Glow sticks *
Light-up spinner toys *
Mister fans *
Ponchos *
Sunscreen *
Moleskin
Bug spray
Wet wipes *
Cottonelle wipes *
Bodyglide
Bubbles
Pipe cleaners *
Stroller cover/Shower liner & clips *
Soft cooler &ice packs
Sippy cups *
Plastic utensils *
First aid kit *
Gum
Sunglasses *
Band-aids (lots)
Batteries
Clorox wipes *
Camera *
-battery charger
-memory sticks
Video camera *
-charger
Cell phones *
-chargers

To Make:
Pressed penny tubes
Autograph books
-sharpies
Passports
T-shirts

For Room/resort:

Ziploc bags *
Pop up hamper
Curtain and command hooks
Over door organizer
Clothespins
Handsoap bottle
Laundry detergent
Nightlight
Small scissors
Small screwdriver (multi-tool?)
White noise machine
Swim diapers
Pre-soaped sponges
Safety pins
Arm floaties
pre-purchased presents

Food:
Cereal bowls
Spoons
Bread
Peanut butter
Jelly
Bananas
Fruit snacks
Smores crackers
Lollipops

Boys:
7 made shirts
7 shorts to match
2 swimsuits
5 extra outfits
4 pairs of PJs
10 underwear (G)
7 pairs of socks
45 diapers (C)
Wipes
Diaper rash cream
Crocs
Sneakers
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Asthma meds and spacer (C)
Nail clippers
Children’s Tylenol
Band-aids
Vitamins

So, really, are these lists ridiculous? Do the numbers sound crazy on the kids' clothes? The only things not on here are clothes for myself and DH, and our toiletries. I think. Help!

Awesome list!
The only thing I would add is more medications. I'm a freak with that stuff though (I was caught once without a thermometer and vowed never again!). I bring Benedryl, gravol (just in case), motrin, EarCheck, Thermometer and neosporin. :lmao:

Awesome list!
The only thing I would add is more medications. I'm a freak with that stuff though (I was caught once without a thermometer and vowed never again!). I bring Benedryl, gravol (just in case), motrin, EarCheck, Thermometer and neosporin. :lmao:

Oh, thanks for the idea! I thought about those but then never wrote them down, which means I probably wouldn't have remembered them. I was planning on bringing band-aids (are they on the list like 5 times? My kids need a band-aid for every boo boo, real or imagined!), Tylenol and kid's Tylenol, anti-diarrhea medication, Pepto tablets (we have some iffy stomachs, esp. when traveling), and some cold meds might be good too. Oh, and Neosporin to go with the Bandaids, duh, good thinking!

OK, officially added! Anything else?

We hit the Dollar Tree after Bouncertown (here's hoping the kids are pooped:thumbsup2!), and I got a few things crossed off my list.

I got ponchos, and am going to try to get more for free this week at Menards (any other Midwestern ladies, they are free after rebate this week there, limit 4). I got some snacks-mini boxes of raisins , prepackaged cotton candy (the Holy Grail of junk food for my boys), Tootsie Pops, and Dum Dum lollipops. Also an over the door organizer, a shower curtain to make a privacy curtain between our room and the bathroom (I wanted fabric but they only had vinyl, wonder if this will still work?), sponges to cut up and pre-detergent so I can wash sippy cups out there, and I don't remember what else, but apparently it was 20 items. It's a start right?

I wanted to get glowing swords for the boys. We've had them before and they love:love: them, but they didn't have them. Not to worry, still plenty of other glowing stuff has made its' way home to us over the past few months. They're going to look like Christmas trees!

I also ordered my transfers from Amy from the Creative Disigns board, so hopefully I'll get those in a few days. I decided I'm going to wait to order t-shirts. I have all of Griffin's from Michael's, but have to order Cooper's since he needs an XS. I want to get a few under my belt before I order more, so I'll do G's first and go from there. Planning to start those this weekend.

Oh, and I forgot to say this, but Chad has actually been willing to discuss the trip lately. I guess 3 weeks away is close enough to finally talk about it:rotfl:! Anyway, we went over what we are planning to take, luggage-wise, so I feel better now knowing he's on board. We are definitely planning on at least 3 carry-ons, with a strong possibility of a 4th, and aiming for one checked bag.

And...I used Mickey Mouse as a threat today. Griffin had a lousy night, full of backtalk. I finally told him that Mickey was watching, and he doesn't let naughty children come to his house. He shaped up fast!:lmao:;)

Oh my that is so funny youve replaced the santa's watching with mickey. I love it:lmao: I threatened to take away spending dollars tonight when ryan didnt want to go to bed and was throwing a fit. Its amazing how this stuff works.

Ok after reading your packing list I realized I have not thought of alot. Thanks for sharing it. I remembered the sippies but would not have thought to bring something to clean them with. Good thinking:thumbsup2 I would also agree to bring any med that you could possibly use. I work in peds and often speak with parents on vacation and they have nothing so over the years I have taken mental notes.

My definite med list includes.

Motrin and Tylenol (these can be rotated when given for high fevers)
Benadryl (any possible allergic reactions)
Night time cough med (I usually use triaminic night time)
I also will bring asthma meds (my boys too have asthma mostly with colds only or during high allergy seasons) our similarities continue togrow.:laughing:
Thermometer
Neosporin with first aid kit
I also bring any perscription meds I have at home-just in case like oral steroid(leftover from a previous problem), if you have any abx ear or eye drops you ever used for pinkeye or swimmers ear. You never know what ya might need.

Advil for dh and I
Tums "" ""

Did you find kid size pancho's and what is bodyglide?
I dont think your list is ridiculous at all. you are going to be prepared and organized:goodvibes

This is how I decided how much to take. I broke it up by the day and what are plans were. Exp. Day 2- HS taking a break mid day. So I figured an outfit for morning and then another one for at night. Day 3- AK no break so I figured only 1 outfit. Then I figured I would take 2 extra outfits and a pair of jeans just in case there is a cold front that comes through:confused3 I thought if worse comes to worse I could always do a quick load of wash if I have to use more than 2 extra's. I also included socks and underware in my thought process and added 2 extra's of those as well. I will post my list on my board so you can see. Hope this helps.

Tonights plans:

Pressed penny tubes.
organize day 1 planning info onto my first card for my planner
post my packing list for kids on my report : )

Oh my that is so funny youve replaced the santa's watching with mickey. I love it:lmao: I threatened to take away spending dollars tonight when ryan didnt want to go to bed and was throwing a fit. Its amazing how this stuff works.

Ok after reading your packing list I realized I have not thought of alot. Thanks for sharing it. I remembered the sippies but would not have thought to bring something to clean them with. Good thinking:thumbsup2 I would also agree to bring any med that you could possibly use. I work in peds and often speak with parents on vacation and they have nothing so over the years I have taken mental notes.

My definite med list includes.

Motrin and Tylenol (these can be rotated when given for high fevers)
Benadryl (any possible allergic reactions)
Night time cough med (I usually use triaminic night time)
I also will bring asthma meds (my boys too have asthma mostly with colds only or during high allergy seasons) our similarities continue togrow.:laughing:
Thermometer
Neosporin with first aid kit
I also bring any perscription meds I have at home-just in case like oral steroid(leftover from a previous problem), if you have any abx ear or eye drops you ever used for pinkeye or swimmers ear. You never know what ya might need.

Advil for dh and I
Tums "" ""

Did you find kid size pancho's and what is bodyglide?
I dont think your list is ridiculous at all. you are going to be prepared and organized:goodvibes

This is how I decided how much to take. I broke it up by the day and what are plans were. Exp. Day 2- HS taking a break mid day. So I figured an outfit for morning and then another one for at night. Day 3- AK no break so I figured only 1 outfit. Then I figured I would take 2 extra outfits and a pair of jeans just in case there is a cold front that comes through:confused3 I thought if worse comes to worse I could always do a quick load of wash if I have to use more than 2 extra's. I also included socks and underware in my thought process and added 2 extra's of those as well. I will post my list on my board so you can see. Hope this helps.

Tonights plans:

Pressed penny tubes.
organize day 1 planning info onto my first card for my planner
post my packing list for kids on my report : )

I know, I said "Mickey Mouse is watching..." and Griffin goes, "Like Santa? How can he see everyone too?" and I said, "Yep, just like Santa. And God (probably going to h#ll for that one!). He keeps an eye on all the kids who are coming to see him soon, and he doesn't want kids who can't behave to come." Bad mommy award, right here, but you do what ya gotta do. It'd been a very long day:scared1:!

Great med list! I will definitely add some of those to our list as well. We really do have a ton of similarities! Cooper was diagnosed with asthma a few months ago. His was just a chronic cough, so he doesn't really have episodes, thank goodness. As long as we do his meds twice a day, the cough is gone and he's good.

I did not find kid sized ponchos. However, I used one of the Dollar Tree ponchos at a Jimmy Buffett concert last week, and they aren't huge. I think Griffin could use one in a pinch, and we could probably rig it to not drag on the ground. Bodyglide is for, ahem...chafing. I keep reading about it, so I thought I'd try it. It looks like a deodorant stick, and you rub it wherever things rub (so even the back of your heels). I got it at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I'd love to see your list! I'm subscribed, so I'll check when you post it. Also, please tell me how you get the pressed penny tube labels to fit!!!! I tried making them the other day and could NOT get the labels the right size. When I finally thought I did, I couldn't get it to go all the way around, even though the length was finally right. Help!

On our last trip, I remembered all the basic meds (Tylenol, Motrin, neosporin, desitin...) but didn't bring any cough medicine. Well, don't you know that DS had a HORRIBLE cough that kept ALL of us up! I broke down and bought some from the AKL gift shop for, ehem, $10:scared1:! Yeah, far cry from the Walmart brand that I could have bought at home!:lmao:

I also think its so funny about dh wanting to talk now. My dh is the same way. Recently he has shown some enthusiasm when I talk about things but for awhile there I think he was just tuning my out and just nodding his head. The other day when he saw I put the kids outfits into ziploc bags and labeled them; he looked at me like who are you and where is my wife.:lmao: I would vote that I have gotten a little bit obsessed with the planning of this trip but I am having a great time doing it so he can just deal with it. God knows I deal with football/baseball year round. But somehow that obsession is considered normal:confused3

I also think its so funny about dh wanting to talk now. My dh is the same way. Recently he has shown some enthusiasm when I talk about things but for awhile there I think he was just tuning my out and just nodding his head. The other day when he saw I put the kids outfits into ziploc bags and labeled them; he looked at me like who are you and where is my wife.:lmao: I would vote that I have gotten a little bit obsessed with the planning of this trip but I am having a great time doing it so he can just deal with it. God knows I deal with football/baseball year round. But somehow that obsession is considered normal:confused3

I know, right? And the thing that kills me is, he thinks I'm nuts for all the planning (though he puts up with it good naturedly), but then who has a blast on the trip with no worries or concerns about what we are doing because it's all been carefully planned? Yup, you guessed it! Who has clean clothes to wear, nail clippers when he needs them, and medicine when he gets a headache? Yep, you guessed it! Men, honestly:headache:!

I think he's getting used to it. Last year our vacation was a week in the Outer Banks in a rented house. We had to bring sheets, food, pool and beach toys. I thought, "No future vacation will require this much planning and stuff." Ha! What a fool! But I think planning is half the fun.

Yes the planning is fun. I keep telling Dh that he will thank me when he has to worry about nothing while on vacation. His whole thing anyway is that he wants to relax the whole time. ah yeah right!

Ok well I got the pressed penny tubes done. Here is the link I used.
http://www.4shared.com/dir/5978989/a...s_DISigns.html

I have the longer tubes of the mini M&M's. She does have the smaller ones as well.

I printed them out in 4 X 6 and it worked perfectly. Let me know how you make out. I will post my pics tomorrow.

I am off to bed. I have stayed up way to late tonight.

OK, I tried that link and it won't work. Who is the designer? Thanks! I have the smaller tubes (I think), and I tried to use Natalie's but I think they're for the bigger tubes. I definitely want to see pictures!

It was natalies. I am at work and I cant bring up the link because its saying invalid content. haha I can get on disboards though:cool1: I will check again at home tonight but I did see she had ones specifically for the smaller tubes. I will post pics when I get home. I did buzz for ryan and woody for nick to go along with their costumes they chose.

It was natalies. I am at work and I cant bring up the link because its saying invalid content. haha I can get on disboards though:cool1: I will check again at home tonight but I did see she had ones specifically for the smaller tubes. I will post pics when I get home. I did buzz for ryan and woody for nick to go along with their costumes they chose.

You have no idea how much you helped me! I was in her Photobucket account, which only has the larger tubes. But her 4shared files have larger and smaller, so I think I found them! Woo Hoo! It was making me crazy. I haven't printed them yet, but I'm going to do that tonight. I have a hunch they will finally work! Buzz and Woody sound cute!

oh good. I will cross my fingers that it works. I also wanted to remind you about downy wrinkle releaser. I dont think I saw that on your list. I thought of it last night while laying in bed trying to sleep, while visions of forgetting something was dancing in my head. :rotfl2: I plan on using that since Ive packed all the kids stuff tightly in ziplocks.

oh good. I will cross my fingers that it works. I also wanted to remind you about downy wrinkle releaser. I dont think I saw that on your list. I thought of it last night while laying in bed trying to sleep, while visions of forgetting something was dancing in my head. :rotfl2: I plan on using that since Ive packed all the kids stuff tightly in ziplocks.

That made me laugh out loud! We should totally create the "Twas the Weeks before Disney" poem, to be read by anal-retentive trip takers for centuries to come!:rotfl:

So, wait, am I supposed to care about wrinkles? Oops! Just kidding, I will add that to the list. And...the pressed penny tube labels finally worked! One printed, one to go! So happy to finally have some project crossed off my list, even if it was supposed to be the easiest!

oh yeah thats a great idea. My dh is obsessed with clothes being neat and unwrinkled. Me on the other hand am not as crazy. I am bringing it to keep dh happy.;) :rotfl:. I love the idea of the poem. I am always making up funny stuff like that for work. My staff gets a kick out of it. I will have to work on something. I cant wait to see pics of your final products. I am so happy it worked. :banana:

Not much new to report! I went to Walmart yesterday and got some more of the things on my to buy list crossed off. I got moleskin...I have no idea why, other than it's on every list I see, so I got some too!:laughing:

I also made some stroller tags, and now I am trying to figure out how to laminate them. They turned into quite the challenge. They are Natalie's design, but she has been kind of slow to respond to my other request for t-shirt designs, so I decided to see if I could just add our name on them myself, using Photoshop. It seemed easy enough to do. Well, an hour later I had my first tag! I made 3 (2 strollers and a spare), and although they are far from perfect, they're not too bad! I also got 2 cheapy folders with prongs, and I want to print some activity pages off and make the boys little folders to work on. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be crossing things off my list, but I prefer to add to it!:lmao:

Not much work will be done until after Saturday. A local moms' group has a huge children's sale twice a year, and I sell things in it and also work at it so I can shop early! It's Saturday, so I'll be busy until then...I :lovestruc:lovestruc shopping!

Have fun selling/shopping. I need to get hooked up in the one I always see advertised around my house. I have so much stuff and yard sales just dont attract as much for kids items as a group childrens sale does. Good luck.

I just came across your PTR and am all caught up! I love it. We go in October with our Little One's with a 4:3 adult to kids ratio!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter