10% off select restaurants with Disney Chase Visa

summermac

DIS Veteran
Couple of questions:
1. Do you actually have to pay with the Visa at the restaurant? In other words, can I just show the Visa and charge it to the room and still get the 10% off?
2. Is there a list somewhere of what restaurants are in the select?

From the Disney Visa website:

10% off at Select Dining Locations: 8
Receive 10% off select dining locations at Walt Disney World® Resort (restrictions may apply).

Just use your Disney Visa® Card or Disney Rewards® Redemption Card at the locations below and mention this offer to receive the discount.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge:

Jiko (see restrictions)
Sanaa

Disney's BoardWalk Inn Resort:

ESPN Sports Club
Flying Fish Cafe (see restrictions)
Kouzzina by Cat Cora

Disney's Caribbean Resort:

Shutters at Old Port Royale

Disney's Contemporary Resort:

The Wave

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground:

Trail's End Restaurant

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort:

Citricos
Grand Floridian Café

Disney's Old Key West Resort:

Olivia's Café

Disney's Port Orleans Resort:

Boatwright's Dining Hall

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa:

Turf Club

Disney's Wilderness Lodge:

Artist Point (see restrictions)
Whispering Canyon Café

Disney's Yacht Club Resort:

Captain's Grill

Disney's Hollywood Studios®:

The Brown Derby
Hollywood & Vine

Epcot®:

Biergarten Restaurant

Here is the fine print:

8. Offer excludes alcoholic beverages, merchandise, tobacco, room service, holiday buffets, tax and gratuity. Must use your valid Disney Visa Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card at time of purchase. Discount valid at the following restaurant locations: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge: Jiko (see restrictions) and Sanaa; Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Resort: ESPN Sports Club, Flying Fish Cafe (see restrictions) and Kouzzina by Cat Cora; Disney’s Caribbean Resort: Shutters at Old Port Royale; Disney’s Contemporary Resort: The Wave; Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: Trail’s End Restaurant; Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort: Citrico’s (see restrictions) and Grand Floridian Cafe; Disney’s Old Key West Resort: Olivia’s Café; Disney’s Port Orleans Resort: Boatwright’s Dining Hall; Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: Turf Club; Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Artist Point (see restrictions) and Whispering Canyon Café; Disney’s Yacht Club Resort: Captain’s Grill; Disney’s Hollywood Studios®: The Brown Derby (see restrictions) and Hollywood & Vine (see restrictions); Epcot®: Biergarten Restaurant (see restrictions); Downtown Disney® Area: Cap’n Jack’s. For locations where it is noted to see restrictions, the discount does not apply to the following dates: 11/28/13, 12/24/13, 12/25/13, 12/31/13, 1/1/14, 2/14/14, 3/20/14, 5/11/14 and 7/4/14. Subject to restaurant operating hours and closures. Restaurant seating is subject to availability. Please refer to DisneyVisaPerks.com for offer validity times.

Couple of questions:
1. Do you actually have to pay with the Visa at the restaurant? In other words, can I just show the Visa and charge it to the room and still get the 10% off?

You have to use your card. This is how Chase can track where you used your discount, because the charge is to your Chase card directly.

The merchandise discount seems to work differently - I've been able to get the discount by showing my Chase card and then pay for the merchandise with another card/room key/gift card/cash. But at the restaurants they have always required the bill be paid with the Chase card.

Would you have to notify your server that you would like the discount to be applied or would the discount automatically take effect when the Chase card is charged (i.e. would the discount show up on your receipt automatically)?

We leave in two weeks and are eating at several of the listed restaurants.

Thank you for the list. I could NOT find it on the site.

As it turns out, we don't have reservations at any of the select.

Thank you!

The discount automatically takes effect when the Chase card is charged.

I've experienced differently. I've had many cast members remind me about the discount and that I should always mention it when I give them my payment (restaurants and souvenir shopping). I make sure I have a list printed that I carry with me or at least go over while I'm on holiday. Don't rely on anything to be automatic.

Now when buying merchandise, I have been able to use my room key as my form of payment (which I prefer) even though it's linked to the same card. Kind of a flaw in the system that they force payment using the credit card at restaurants since I don't like carrying extra cards around when I don't have too. Oh well. Probably for the better.

we're on the reg ddp, can I get the discount if I use my Disney Visa to pay OOP for apps?

This also makes the dining plan seem a little less appealing. UGH.... decisions, decisions

I see it says grand Floridian listed as a place they offer the discount . I have a reservation for dinner at 1900 park fare , is that included? Thanks :wave2:

I see it says grand Floridian listed as a place they offer the discount . I have a reservation for dinner at 1900 park fare , is that included? Thanks :wave2:

No.
It lists the two restaurants at GF, Citricos and Grand Floridian Cafe.

We are ordering a cake to be delivered to Artist Point to enjoy as dessert after our meal. It is my understanding that the price of the cake wll be added to the total cost of the meal (ie not charged directly to our room or otherwise charged separately). Does anyone know if the 10% discount will thereby be applied to the cost of the cake too? thanks! :)

I told our server at Jiko about this during our trip in October (it was in effect) and he had no clue and didn't understand what we wanted. He re-rung the ticket on the exact same credit card (????) but it was exactly the same. We didn't think it was a language barrier - we don't think he understood the promotion.

We had outstanding service, Jiko is our favorite signature - so we did not complain. So do not be surprised if some servers do not understand what is going on with this promotion.

It does NOT automatically take effect when the charge hits your card. It has to happen at the restaurant and you need to see it on your bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter