1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise=A Mickeystoontown report 4/3x2

Great update!!
I too cant believe the actions of that family... tbh, I prob would have been that person to sit on the edge of the couch and have my 2 DDs stand right by me in front of them to "drop a hint" ..hahahaha j/k, well..maybe. ;)
That is a fantastic picture of the both of you!!
Cant wait to read more!!

I really want to try try Ohana for dinner, but my picky eaters so far have blocked me. :sad: Someday!! It looks so good!

LOL on the Monorail conversation. I bet the people were very surprised!

Your dinner at O'Hanas looked wonderful. I have always wanted to try it, but for some reason it never seems to stay on the final dinner reservation list. Nice picture of you and John. And I love you and your mom's conversation about the monorail stops. I always have an internal debate on whether to give helpful advice when I hear someone who is so misguided at WDW....it usually depends on how certain the people sound when they are discussing the wrong item.

Your drink description sounds much like others I have read too. I know I wouldn't like it and the $15 price tag makes it worse. :rotfl:

I find it hard to believe that people don't get off their a#$....I mean, butts, and offer mama their seat! I think this was the second incident you mentioned on this trip where you had to wait for a seat to open up. If that had been my kid or grands on that couch, they would have heard an earful and would have been either standing or sitting on the floor so mama could have had a seat.

Rude people -- can't get away from 'em. Can't really blame the kids if the parents let them do it... Grrr...

We LOVE Ohana!! I'm drooling just thinking of the place. We're not drinkers, either, but I've always wanted to try the Lapu Lapu -- just because it comes in a pineapple!! :rotfl2:

Love your pictures -- the one of you and John is very nice.

Let me just tell you that the same thing happened to us when we to the breakfast they have that morning...
People were letting their kids hop all over the place, feet on the couch, laying all over the place..... :(

I want to try Ohana for dinner but I don't think my kids would eat that kind of food. :( We have to stick with the character meal there for now.

I have a picky eater too but the food at Ohana is not really different. There is a devious sale, bread, great chicken wings and then the stem, turkey and shrimp. There has to be something there for everyone. And I read they will bring nuggets or mac and cheese if you ask for kid.

I have a picky eater too but the food at Ohana is not really different. There is a devious sale, bread, great chicken wings and then the stem, turkey and shrimp. There has to be something there for everyone. And I read they will bring nuggets or mac and cheese if you ask for kid.

That's fantastic to know... thanks so much for sharing that! While I think our youngest DD6 will be good to go at Ohana's, its nice to know there may be a alternative as a last resort.. :)

mickeystoontown - did those folks that got off the monorail at the wrong stop realize what they had done? or was it too late? lol... whoops

They will definitely bring out something extra for the kids. My daughter ordered mac and cheese and the serving was HUGE! She loved it!

I'm so happy to see a new update from you.

DRAT. I started to write this reply and I got distracted. Now I forget what I was going to say. :rotfl2:

Oh yeah - yummy dinner. Everything looks so good. I haven't eaten there in awhile.

I forget what that drink is called. Lapu Lapu? Or am I making that up. I did order a regular mai tai there. It was really good. Heck I don't need that whole pineapple.

What the heck with the kid laying on the bench. You are right - people are clueless or completely ignorant.

Great update.

Awww Ohana I love it. We stayed at the Poly last October and ate dinner and breakfast there. Oh my the food they give you ! So much and so good !
How rude of those people and that kid taking up the couch ! Some people just dont care I guess .
I have question for you. We were thinking of taking a trip to CBR in October because we found out my DGD has a few days off from school, which this is the first year they have done that. I started checking prices and thought I would book preferred but it is still expensive. So I thought about booking standard and requesting Jamaica 45. I know you have been there a lot and wanted to know how often have you received your request for your room when you made one ?

I loved the lapu lapu, but I wouldn't get it again because of the price. My son and his family loved Ohana when they were there in the spring. I really want to try it next time I go.
Inconsiderate and rude people really aggravate me. You see so many young people today who don't seem to have a clue that they are supposed to let old folks, pregnant women, and mom with kids SIT. I wonder if they haven't been taught, or if they just don't care.

Love the Ohana update. Too funny about the monorail. How rude of that family. Your meal looks great. We haven't been there since one of Grumpy's b-days years ago. I showed him the pictures and he wants to go back and try those noodles. In fact, he got so enticed by them, he opened up a pack of Ramen noodles and doctored it up, lol. So the pineapple isn't a sweet drink? What did it taste like besides alcohol?

Glad to see you enjoyed Ohana so much. Some people say its just ok. This will be our first time trying it. Can't wait. I feel the same as you Lisa when people are rude and take up all the seats. Very Un-Disney like. Don't they know they should be on their best behavior there. LOL.

Your Trip Report was AWESOME!!!! Love it!!!! Thanks!!!:thumbsup2

Thank you! I'm working on another installment now and will get it posted this afternoon.

Glad to see you enjoyed Ohana so much. Some people say its just ok. This will be our first time trying it. Can't wait. I feel the same as you Lisa when people are rude and take up all the seats. Very Un-Disney like. Don't they know they should be on their best behavior there. LOL.

We really like Ohana and wish that we had tried it sooner. I don't understand why people don't have any manners/respect for others anymore.

Love the Ohana update. Too funny about the monorail. How rude of that family. Your meal looks great. We haven't been there since one of Grumpy's b-days years ago. I showed him the pictures and he wants to go back and try those noodles. In fact, he got so enticed by them, he opened up a pack of Ramen noodles and doctored it up, lol. So the pineapple isn't a sweet drink? What did it taste like besides alcohol?

The noodles are soooooo good! I love 'em! Hum, he would have had to doctor those Ramen noodles up a lot to get them to taste like the Ohana noodles.

The pineapple drink wasn't sweet at all. I tried scooping out some of the pineapple with the straw to get some sweetness but it didn't work.

I loved the lapu lapu, but I wouldn't get it again because of the price. My son and his family loved Ohana when they were there in the spring. I really want to try it next time I go.
Inconsiderate and rude people really aggravate me. You see so many young people today who don't seem to have a clue that they are supposed to let old folks, pregnant women, and mom with kids SIT. I wonder if they haven't been taught, or if they just don't care.

I guess that I was expecting the lapu lapu to be sweet and it certainly wasn't.

People have no idea what manners are any more! Like you said, they just don't care.

Awww Ohana I love it. We stayed at the Poly last October and ate dinner and breakfast there. Oh my the food they give you ! So much and so good !
How rude of those people and that kid taking up the couch ! Some people just dont care I guess .
I have question for you. We were thinking of taking a trip to CBR in October because we found out my DGD has a few days off from school, which this is the first year they have done that. I started checking prices and thought I would book preferred but it is still expensive. So I thought about booking standard and requesting Jamaica 45. I know you have been there a lot and wanted to know how often have you received your request for your room when you made one ?

I wish that breakfast didn't include Stitch. I might be able to talk John into going if that little blue alien weren't there.

We've only stayed preferred twice. Once we were upgraded free and the other we had to book because they were the only rooms available. If it were me, I'd go with just a standard room. Even our longest walk was only 7 minutes and that was from one of the furthest rooms in Barbados. Most others were around the 5 minute mark to OPR.

I'm so happy to see a new update from you.

DRAT. I started to write this reply and I got distracted. Now I forget what I was going to say. :rotfl2:

Oh yeah - yummy dinner. Everything looks so good. I haven't eaten there in awhile.

I forget what that drink is called. Lapu Lapu? Or am I making that up. I did order a regular mai tai there. It was really good. Heck I don't need that whole pineapple.

What the heck with the kid laying on the bench. You are right - people are clueless or completely ignorant.

Great update.

Nope, you aren't making up the lapu lapu name. That's it! I wish that the pineapple had been riper so I could have gotten a bit of the flesh from it. It was too green in my opinion.

People are clueless AND ignorant!

They will definitely bring out something extra for the kids. My daughter ordered mac and cheese and the serving was HUGE! She loved it!

They sure will. Hunter had hot dogs brought out before.

That's fantastic to know... thanks so much for sharing that! While I think our youngest DD6 will be good to go at Ohana's, its nice to know there may be a alternative as a last resort.. :)

mickeystoontown - did those folks that got off the monorail at the wrong stop realize what they had done? or was it too late? lol... whoops

They brought out hot dogs to Hunter during one of our dinners at Ohana and they did at the luau as well.

I have no idea if the people realized that they had to walk over to the Polynesian from the TTC. I bet they quickly found out.

Hunter is super picky and even he likes the meats and bread at Ohana.

Let me just tell you that the same thing happened to us when we to the breakfast they have that morning...
People were letting their kids hop all over the place, feet on the couch, laying all over the place..... :(

I want to try Ohana for dinner but I don't think my kids would eat that kind of food. :( We have to stick with the character meal there for now.

Oooh, rude people make me so stinking mad!

They do have alternative foods for the kids in the group. I have read about mac and cheese and chicken nuggets and they brought Hunter hot dogs once.

Rude people -- can't get away from 'em. Can't really blame the kids if the parents let them do it... Grrr...

We LOVE Ohana!! I'm drooling just thinking of the place. We're not drinkers, either, but I've always wanted to try the Lapu Lapu -- just because it comes in a pineapple!! :rotfl2:

Love your pictures -- the one of you and John is very nice.

Thank you! It's rare that John and I have our picture made together.

Just had to pop in and say that I thought the pic of you and John was a really good one!! Glad you enjoyed O'Hana again. We finally did breakfast there on our last trip in January and LOVED it!! My 2-year-old grandson cracked up when Stitch came over and did some drumming on our table. We were laughing at him cracking up at Stitch.

There's always a fight in my head when I overhear someone say something that I know isn't right when we're at Disney. If you speak up, will they appreciate the info or just think you're trying to be a "know it all". Like you, most times I just keep quiet knowing in a couple of minutes they'll figure it out. :rolleyes1 Glad Mama didn't follow them tho......:laughing:

Thank you!

Oh what a sweet story and memory of your grandson and Stitch. I hope to make those type of memories with my future grandkids.

I have that fight in my head too. I want to tell them that I know they are going to do something wrong but then there's the thought that they may tell me to go take a hike (or something stronger than that).

We love Ohana. On our last trip, at the end of the mea,l Abby was texting her BF and the singer started singing to her about her ignoring him and playing on her phone. :rotfl: It was so much fun.

I love that story! I'm surprised the singer wasn't at our table telling Hunter that same thing.

Loved the update! We are definitely going to have to do O'hana for dinner next time. We've only done the character breakfast, which was awesome, but that dinner looks delish!

You and John are so cute and look so happy together!

I also can't believe the rudeness of the people on the couches. We'll put our girls on our lap if others are looking for seats. I always enjoy your reports because you are so considerate of the other guests. I tried to live up to that when we went last fall!

About the dresses, should I PM you about them? I might think about some for Christmas...

Dinner at Ohana is so good and I highly recommend it.

Shoot me a P.M. and I'll fill you in on the dresses.

Hehehe I have to wonder if the folks who got off at the second stop ever got to where they were going!
Oh man. I really hate when people take up all the space they possibly can. It's just so inconsiderate!
Oh well, glad your meal at ohana made up for it. Looks wonderful!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The second stop people said that the Polynesian was the second stop so I assume that's where they were headed. I didn't see them around the resort though so who knows where they went.

Great update! I have not been to Ohana yet but would love to try it sometime.

Definitely add it to your list of restaurants to try!

Great update!!
I too cant believe the actions of that family... tbh, I prob would have been that person to sit on the edge of the couch and have my 2 DDs stand right by me in front of them to "drop a hint" ..hahahaha j/k, well..maybe. ;)
That is a fantastic picture of the both of you!!
Cant wait to read more!!

Sometimes you could drop a bowling ball on somebody's head and they still wouldn't get the hint. Stupid people!

I really want to try try Ohana for dinner, but my picky eaters so far have blocked me. :sad: Someday!! It looks so good!

LOL on the Monorail conversation. I bet the people were very surprised!

Tell your picky eaters that they can get all the chicken nuggets and mac and cheese that they can eat.

Your dinner at O'Hanas looked wonderful. I have always wanted to try it, but for some reason it never seems to stay on the final dinner reservation list. Nice picture of you and John. And I love you and your mom's conversation about the monorail stops. I always have an internal debate on whether to give helpful advice when I hear someone who is so misguided at WDW....it usually depends on how certain the people sound when they are discussing the wrong item.

Try to make an Ohana ADR stick next time. It's definitely a good restaurant to try.

I have that same debate. Do you tell them that they are doing wrong or just let them learn it the hard way?

Your drink description sounds much like others I have read too. I know I wouldn't like it and the $15 price tag makes it worse. :rotfl:

The $15.00 price tag made me :crazy2:

I find it hard to believe that people don't get off their a#$....I mean, butts, and offer mama their seat! I think this was the second incident you mentioned on this trip where you had to wait for a seat to open up. If that had been my kid or grands on that couch, they would have heard an earful and would have been either standing or sitting on the floor so mama could have had a seat.

I know! I've always made my kids get up and let an adult sit down or give their seat up to the elderly or a pregnant woman. Heck, I get up and let them have my seat. These people had no clue.

A 16 year olds in the house! Gotta represent!

Today was the day that Hunter had been waiting for “all of his life”. What day was it? It was his 16th birthday! And how were we going to celebrate? By spending 24 hours in the Magic Kingdom!

Initially, we had no idea that the Magic Kingdom was going to be open 24 hours on Hunter’s birthday. As a matter of fact, we didn’t find out about it until waaaaay after our plans had been made. I was able to juggle things around in our itinerary and waa-laa, 24 hours here we come!

Traveling and Sea World had worn Mama out so she decided to sleep in and let us younguns go to the park without her.

Before Hunter woke up, I decorated the room with a banner that said CELEBRATE and hung a few streamers around. :bday: Yes, I took pictures. No, I can’t find them on Photobucket. Surprise surprise! Not. :headache:

Anyway, we woke up the 16 year old, gave him his birthday whoopin’ and started getting ready. It didn’t take us long because we were all excited about celebrating in the park. From what I had read, there were going to be special activities taking place throughout the day. The bus mojo was with us again and in two shakes of a lamb’s tail, we were at the Magic Kingdom.

And, so were a lot of other people:

Hunter? How excited are you to be spending your 16th birthday at the Happiest Place on Earth?

Can you believe it? They had a parade celebrating his birthday too? No? That’s normal? Shhh....let’s not let Hunter in on that little secret:

Look at the folks in the park. Yikes!

Here’s where I should be inserting our Photopass pictures but I forgot to bring my Photopass CD with me to work. I’ll bring it tomorrow and get them posted. We were all representing our hometown favorites....the Duck Commander/Duck Dynasty guys and gals! For those of you who don’t know it, we live in the same small town as everybody on Duck Dynasty. Willie and Korrie live on the same street as my sister. We pass them on the road all the time. John was in the doughnut shop with Jep, John Luke, Cole and Will last Sunday. Sadie and Hunter have mutual friends. Anyway, we wanted to show our Duck Commander love and we gotta represent while at the Magic Kingdom so we had Photopass pictures taken of us sporting our Duck Commander shirts.

We took a right when we got near The Plaza Restaurant and stopped long enough to let me take pictures of the beautiful castle:

My phone rang and it was Lacey. They were meeting us later in the trip and she had a question about something...I can’t remember. Anyway, Hunter took a few pictures while I was on the phone. Yep, me on the phone. Not John on the phone. Shock, I know!

Oh here’s a picture of my Duck Commander shirt:

Looks like Hunter took a really close-up of John’s Duck Commander logo:

After answering Lacey’s questions, we were on our way into Tomorrowland where our first stop was at The Laugh Floor:

We enjoyed the show as always and John fell a little more in love with Roz. He loves her. Next up was a spin on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin:

Hunter in the car by himself:

Apparently, I took just one picture while on Buzz and that’s this one:

That’s probably because I was trying to beat out the boys with my score. How’d that work out for me? Well, I didn’t take a picture of our scores so you’d be right by assuming that I lost to both guys. I always do. I guess that I just don’t have good hand/eye coordination. Who knows? I lasted two whole seconds on Guitar Hero. Yeah, I suck.

We left Buzz and walked over to see what was going on in the new Fantasyland. Last time we were there, only one of the Dumbos was open and that was it. I couldn’t wait to feast my eyes on the new delights within the new Fantasyland. I was so excited! But, wait we saw another Photopass photographer near the tea cups and I stopped to have our pictures taken. The photographer had to, literally, yell HALT and hold out his hands in order get everyone to stop walking in front of him. They would look at him and then keep on walking even though they saw that he was trying to take pictures.

Pictures taken (again, I’ll post those later), we rounded the corner and ta-da! There it was! The new Fantasyland!

Okay, so that wasn’t there greatest of views. But, you wanna see a view of something? How about a peek behind the walls where the new mine coaster is being constructed?

It was neat to look beyond the walls and see what was going on. I’m betting that they had so many people trying to stand on, climb over, peak beyond the walls that they added the “take a peek” window for the guests.

**Up next: She wears sea shells by the seashore....oops, make that under the seashore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter