1/19/18 -- Disney Dream Mouseketeers!

Has anyone taken the Disney The Onboard Photography package? It seems like a really good idea as i wont have to walk around with my DSLR for perfect pictures but it seems too pricey!! :(

Thank you Tink for such a warm welcome!! :) :)
Im so looking forward to planning this event, although this is my first time. I would need your advise on how this works. I really appreciate it :)
My first piece of advice is Disney Cruises are addictive!
I will read the other posts now, I just wanted to start you off with that!

~Tink~

My DS is turning 3 next week and is crazy about his dinosaurs and Mickey! So i know what he is looking forward to from this trip!
As for 6 year old DD, she is a true princess at heart! Loves and is crazy about all the princess. She is planning to write letters and get it signed by the charecters at the cruise :)
I would suggest getting each of them a thick card stock style of photo frame/ boarder that goes into a regular frame. They can get all of their autographs on those, and then you can frame your favorite vacation photo of them with their new autographs.
images

~Tink~

Has anyone taken the Disney The Onboard Photography package? It seems like a really good idea as i wont have to walk around with my DSLR for perfect pictures but it seems too pricey!! :(
I have never done the cruise packages, because I know I would not be able to get the value out of it because I would not be able to get everyone together oftn enough and / or to wait in line for pictures. However, we have done the 'all digital' package at Disney World. The trick we use there to get the value out of it ( I typically get enough pictures to bring the price per picture down to $.06 a piece) is to stop at every photo opportunity, and tell the photographer that you have already paid for the 'Every Picture' package, so just start clicking. The pictures we end up loving the most are the ones we are not posed for.
On a 3 day cruise though, I am not sure you will actually get the full value. Plus remember, you can always ask to get the same picture taken on your phone or camera. And if they say they can not use your device, I am sure anyone standing in line with your would be more than happy to help especially if you offer to help them in return.

Check out this article on the Disney Cruise Photo packages: http://www.disneycruisemomblog.com/photo-packages-disney-cruise-line/

You are doing good. You are up to 4 posts, only 6 to go!!!

~Tink~

I would suggest getting each of them a thick card stock style of photo frame/ boarder that goes into a regular frame. They can get all of their autographs on those, and then you can frame your favorite vacation photo of them with their new autographs.
images

~Tink~
Oh wow!! That's a great idea :)
Thanks a lot Tink :)

Wow!! That was a great blog! Apart from the photography package I found a lot more about food option!!

Oh yes they are!!

So last night i sat down with my lil princess and told her about the Door decoration idea I have! SH was so thrilled about it!
So now we know whats going to keep my lil munchkins busy this Christmas Holidays!! :) :)

Oh yes they are!!

So last night i sat down with my lil princess and told her about the Door decoration idea I have! SH was so thrilled about it!
So now we know whats going to keep my lil munchkins busy this Christmas Holidays!! :) :)
You are doing great. You are at 7 posts. You only need 3 more!

~Tink~

This suggestion is more of a get together. Wine Sampling
We have done this before. Everyone brings a bottle of wine from there area of the world, and we meet in someone's cabin (I would offer our as our veranda is one of the larger ones on the boat), and sample different wines from all over.

Wine Sampling
Pixiehallow

frozen47

~Tink~
I hope everyone is getting excited. We are at just about 2 months out. Those 2 months are going to fly right by with all of the holiday running to and fro.
I was reminded about an item we had listed on our group activity list today. It was on the first page, so some of you may have missed it.
Frozen47's cabin and my cabin where hoping to do a Wine Sampling. The information is in the quote just above. If anyone else is interested, please speak up so I can add you to the list and assure that you don't miss out on the fun.

~Tink~

I have a question about Character Sightings!
How do we know where to spot them?
There are some unexpected Magical sightings, but for those of us that like to plan, the crew provides us with a daily Navigator. This will break down everything that will be happening all day by the hour, by the age group, and by area. Here is an example of the paper version. You will also get one on your smart device if you download the DCL app.
2eb05c17e4d182a562483e978f362484--disney-cruise-line-disney-cruiseplan.jpg

Jan31b.jpg

Jan31d.jpg

Does the stateroom have hair dryers?
Yes they do. They have ion hair dryers. I loved the one in my cabin so much a few years back, I bought one for at home.
My hair is down to my waist line, and it can dry my are in a little over 5 minutes. I usually have to let my hair dry half way first an then dry it, but not with our cabin ones. I have some video of the one on the Wonder. I am not sure if it made it into one of the 2 videos in which I reviewed the Wonder or not, but I can check and see.

~Tink~

I was thinking of maybe booking a spa treatment or dine at palo but not sure what times Oceaneers club and lab are open only for children. I wouldn't like my child to be there during open hrs and have other adults being there while I might be at the spa.
Have you had experience that? is there any way I can know what are open house times so I can book my activities online during the times the clubs are only for the children to be there?

I was thinking of maybe booking a spa treatment or dine at palo but not sure what times Oceaneers club and lab are open only for children. I wouldn't like my child to be there during open hrs and have other adults being there while I might be at the spa.
Have you had experience that? is there any way I can know what are open house times so I can book my activities online during the times the clubs are only for the children to be there?
On the upper left is the hours areas are open. This is not the most current one, but it will give you an idea. I will look for a current Dream Navigator.

Jan31d.jpg

This is a link to the Navigator for a 3 day cruise on the Dream this past Jan. http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...hamian-cruise-port-canaveral-january-27-2017/
You can check out all of the days to get a feel for what is going to be going on. For help with times, on day 1 you will check out pg. 3 on day 2, it will be on pg. 2.
And if you need help know which area your kiddos will go to, check out pg 3 on day 1.

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!