1/19/18 -- Disney Dream Mouseketeers!

Our first was supposed to be last Oct but the hurricane happens so it was cancelled. So we will finally make it on a Disney Cruise in January. And it's her birthday. Lol.

Our first was supposed to be last Oct but the hurricane happens so it was cancelled. So we will finally make it on a Disney Cruise in January. And it's her birthday. Lol.
Oh yes, I remember. As my first answerer, you get your pick of a silver Castaway lanyard or a Vacation Club. Or if you would like since it is the 2 of you, you could also choose one of each!

Happy Monday everyone! We have 16 Mondays until we sail away on our Bahama vacation!! :boat:

This week's Monday Forget me Not is the cash. Everyone one probably knows that once on board, your Key to the World card is your door key, your identification, and your credit card. But it doesn't take care of your tips. Just to be clear, I am not referring to the gratuities that are either prepaid or added to your on board account (side note .....Tink moment. ....If you want to give your gratuities in cash, envelopes are available, and you can request to have them taken off your on board account. Personally, we like to hand out the gratuities to all of the cast members who have taken such good care of us. ...). The tips I am referring to are the small cash thank you's you share with the porters that help with your luggage as you arrive at the port, the room service attendant that brings your late night snack of milk and cookies, your excursion guide, and the shuttle bus driver that returns you to your car at the conclusion of your trip. And because change is not the easiest thing to come by, plan ahead to have 1's and 5's.

Oh, and I almost forgot your port shopping. Small bills and another small wallet works best in port. You don't want to be haggling the price on that must have t-shirt only to open your regular wallet with all of your spending cash in it only to find you need to ask for change for a $20 or worse yet a $100! (Tip one on port safety, don't give the would be bad guy, out to ruin your vacation, a reason to target you - use small bills, and leave your fancy watch, camera, and I-Phone X on the boat in the safe....okay, this could become its own post...another topic for another day!)

Have a great Week.
~ Tink ~

I've decided to add a land portion for the end of our cruise. So I'd like to stay at a Disney resort from the 22-23 or the 24th. I'm a little confused on how'd I get to the resort from the port. Would I need to use the DCL cruise bus for this? This would change my original transportation plans.

Happy Monday everyone! We have 16 Mondays until we sail away on our Bahama vacation!! :boat:

This week's Monday Forget me Not is the cash. Everyone one probably knows that once on board, your Key to the World card is your door key, your identification, and your credit card. But it doesn't take care of your tips. Just to be clear, I am not referring to the gratuities that are either prepaid or added to your on board account (side note .....Tink moment. ....If you want to give your gratuities in cash, envelopes are available, and you can request to have them taken off your on board account. Personally, we like to hand out the gratuities to all of the cast members who have taken such good care of us. ...). The tips I am referring to are the small cash thank you's you share with the porters that help with your luggage as you arrive at the port, the room service attendant that brings your late night snack of milk and cookies, your excursion guide, and the shuttle bus driver that returns you to your car at the conclusion of your trip. And because change is not the easiest thing to come by, plan ahead to have 1's and 5's.

Oh, and I almost forgot your port shopping. Small bills and another small wallet works best in port. You don't want to be haggling the price on that must have t-shirt only to open your regular wallet with all of your spending cash in it only to find you need to ask for change for a $20 or worse yet a $100! (Tip one on port safety, don't give the would be bad guy, out to ruin your vacation, a reason to target you - use small bills, and leave your fancy watch, camera, and I-Phone X on the boat in the safe....okay, this could become its own post...another topic for another day!)

Have a great Week.
~ Tink ~

Have you decided what you'll be doing in Nassau yet? I can't remember if we talked about this.

I've decided to add a land portion for the end of our cruise. So I'd like to stay at a Disney resort from the 22-23 or the 24th. I'm a little confused on how'd I get to the resort from the port. Would I need to use the DCL cruise bus for this? This would change my original transportation plans.
I will help with this when I get back home from the doctors (I'm not a good thumb typer, and it would take me forever right now).

Have you decided what you'll be doing in Nassau yet? I can't remember if we talked about this.
We have been to Nassau so many times, I am looking forward to a day filled with Aquaduck riding and on board fun. What are you thinking about doing?

~Tink ~

I will help with this when I get back home from the doctors (I'm not a good thumb typer, and it would take me forever right now).

We have been to Nassau so many times, I am looking forward to a day filled with Aquaduck riding and on board fun. What are you thinking about doing?

~Tink ~

Okay thanks!!

I think I'm going to stay on the ship. Let my niece do the Princess Tea and play on a mostly hopefully empty ship. Lol. Are the kids clubs open on the ship while in port?

Okay thanks!!

I think I'm going to stay on the ship. Let my niece do the Princess Tea and play on a mostly hopefully empty ship. Lol. Are the kids clubs open on the ship while in port?
Yes, the kids clubs will be open, and they will have activities available for all ages through out the boat. I am thinking this may also be a good time to try the Midship Detective Agency.
Now, getting back to the transfers from the boat to Disney. What I would suggest, if you are going to do the fly, sleep, and sail package at the beginning, is to go ahead and get your shuttle back to the airport, and then register for the Free Magic Express from the airport to Disney. Then end your trip with a shuttle back again when you are ready to fly out. We were able to do that one year when we did the land and sea for one Christmas when the boys were little. You can check with Disney just to make sure. If things have changed, there are several decently priced options to get to Disney from the airport. Then you will definitely be able to get a Magical express ride back to the airport.
I think we have pretty much made up our minds to get a rental car when we arrive, and then drive out to Jetty Park on Cape Canaveral. They have little cabins at the camp ground, and we will be able to watch the boat come in at around 5 AM before getting ready and doing our check list of tasks before dropping off the car and heading to the boat.

~Tink~

I found out about something really cool that everyone planning a trip to the parks either before or after the cruise may like. You can now get a hard drivers license for the Tomorrowland Speedway printed up in the Magic Kingdom. Here's a link to find out more about it. http://wp.me/p3dr4q-iGk
upload_2017-9-26_12-17-15.png

~Tink~

Yes, the kids clubs will be open, and they will have activities available for all ages through out the boat. I am thinking this may also be a good time to try the Midship Detective Agency.
Now, getting back to the transfers from the boat to Disney. What I would suggest, if you are going to do the fly, sleep, and sail package at the beginning, is to go ahead and get your shuttle back to the airport, and then register for the Free Magic Express from the airport to Disney. Then end your trip with a shuttle back again when you are ready to fly out. We were able to do that one year when we did the land and sea for one Christmas when the boys were little. You can check with Disney just to make sure. If things have changed, there are several decently priced options to get to Disney from the airport. Then you will definitely be able to get a Magical express ride back to the airport.
I think we have pretty much made up our minds to get a rental car when we arrive, and then drive out to Jetty Park on Cape Canaveral. They have little cabins at the camp ground, and we will be able to watch the boat come in at around 5 AM before getting ready and doing our check list of tasks before dropping off the car and heading to the boat.

~Tink~

That's great about the kids club. I'll most likely be staying on the ship. lol

I talked to my TA and she said I could get the DCL cruise bus to the resort. So I may be tweaking my plans and only using Go Port Canaveral for the one way ride to the port. It seems like it will be so much hassle to get GPC to take me back to airport just to get the The ME shuttle to the resort. Now I just have to decide what resort I'd like to stay at for the night and book our return flight. Thankfully I didn't book our return already since I'm changing my plans.

That's great about the kids club. I'll most likely be staying on the ship. lol

I talked to my TA and she said I could get the DCL cruise bus to the resort. So I may be tweaking my plans and only using Go Port Canaveral for the one way ride to the port. It seems like it will be so much hassle to get GPC to take me back to airport just to get the The ME shuttle to the resort. Now I just have to decide what resort I'd like to stay at for the night and book our return flight. Thankfully I didn't book our return already since I'm changing my plans.
Which parks are you planning on visiting when you are there?

~Tink~

Which parks are you planning on visiting when you are there?

~Tink~

Probably just Animal Kingdom. I always do MK when I go. But my niece has never been to AK so I think we will just do a day there and eat at Rainforest Cafe for dinner.

Probably just Animal Kingdom. I always do MK when I go. But my niece has never been to AK so I think we will just do a day there and eat at Rainforest Cafe for dinner.
One park for one day is always a tough pick for me. On our last visit we only had 1 day so we opted to do resort visits instead. When we do a one day though, it always comes down to the hands on fun of Epcot, and the animals at Animal Kingdom. I would have decided Animal Kingdom as well if we had the time on this trip. Mainly because of all of the new stuff to see. Baby tigers, an alien planet, and a river parade, wow, so much see. You will have to take pictures and share.

~Tink~

One park for one day is always a tough pick for me. On our last visit we only had 1 day so we opted to do resort visits instead. When we do a one day though, it always comes down to the hands on fun of Epcot, and the animals at Animal Kingdom. I would have decided Animal Kingdom as well if we had the time on this trip. Mainly because of all of the new stuff to see. Baby tigers, an alien planet, and a river parade, wow, so much see. You will have to take pictures and share.

~Tink~

I loved AK when I went last month. It was so fun. I think my niece will love it. She likes the zoo so I hope she loves this too. Plus AK has good rides. And she's all about riding the rides. Lol.

Hello I'm not new. I just lost all my information and had to add a new email and create a new account.
We are Frozen47

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter