09/12/10 - DVCers Take Over the Wonder (S.S. Member Cruise 2010) - Thread #2

i was looking on disneys cruise line faq page and this is from it . do thay not go by it What food or food storage containers are not permitted?
Answer

Food coolers containing personal snack foods and drinks may not be brought onboard. They are only permitted if needed for medications, baby food or items related to special dietary needs.

Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable items plus any open snack containers cannot be brought on board. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention.

Disney Cruise Line regrets that the crew members on board are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items. Disney Cruise Line cannot verify the cleanliness of the environment in which pre-cooked or homemade food items were prepared, and so for the safety of all Guests and crew, these items are not permitted aboard the ship.

Personal bottle warmers are not permitted on board due to safety concerns. However, a limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services. In addition, Guests can request hot water to be delivered to their stateroom at any time from Room Service.

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $18.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

i was looking on disneys cruise line faq page and this is from it . do thay not go by it What food or food storage containers are not permitted?
Answer

Food coolers containing personal snack foods and drinks may not be brought onboard. They are only permitted if needed for medications, baby food or items related to special dietary needs.

Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable items plus any open snack containers cannot be brought on board. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention.

Disney Cruise Line regrets that the crew members on board are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items. Disney Cruise Line cannot verify the cleanliness of the environment in which pre-cooked or homemade food items were prepared, and so for the safety of all Guests and crew, these items are not permitted aboard the ship.

Personal bottle warmers are not permitted on board due to safety concerns. However, a limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services. In addition, Guests can request hot water to be delivered to their stateroom at any time from Room Service.

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $18.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

That is correct. You cannot bring coolers on board. However, you are able to put water and soda in your carry on or day bag. You can also bring unopened candy onboard. I know this because I did it last year.

That is correct. You cannot bring coolers on board. However, you are able to put water and soda in your carry on or day bag. You can also bring unopened candy onboard. I know this because I did it last year.

I use a backpack cooler for when we are in the parks - since we are going to WDW after the cruise I will have it in my luggage - will there be any problem having it with me in a checked bag?

I use a backpack cooler for when we are in the parks - since we are going to WDW after the cruise I will have it in my luggage - will there be any problem having it with me in a checked bag?

That should not be a problem. I think the main thing is that DCL does not want the big plastic coolers and they do not want people bringing on open containers of food.

MMSC2010.gif

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,
BOYS AND GIRLS!
WE SET SAIL IN 6 WEEKS! THAT IS 42 DAYS!
:banana::banana::banana:
100_4228.jpg

ES (Elizabeth Swann)Update!!! :bride:

dvc deernut had the 4199th post in thread #1 and therefore earns 1 ES!!:banana:

The current score is:
calypso726 - 20 ES (299, 399, 499, 699, 1099, 1299, 1399, 1599, 1799, 1999, 2299, 2699, 2799, 3399, 3599, 3899, 4099)
dvc deernut - 10 ES (2399, 2599, 2999, 3799, 3999, 4199)
Luckymomoftwo - 6 ES (999, 1199, 1699, 3099)
dopeygirl76 - 4 ES (799, 1499, 1899)
disrailfan - 3 ES (2199, 3499)
mousefan64 - 3 ES (2099, 2499)
cp_princess - 3 ES (2899, 3299, 3699)
Time2go2disney - 1 ES (3199)
dvc4life - 1 ES (899)
vedlin71 - 1ES (599)
Time4disneynow - 1 ES (199)
3DAN - 1 ES (99)

Every 99th post = 1 ES
Every 499th post = 2 ESs
Every 999th post = 3 ESs

The next milestone is at the 4299th post on thread 1 or 99th post on thread 2 and is worth 1 ES!!!:bride:

Pirate Update!!! pirate:

Time2go2disney had the 4100th post in thread #1 and therefore earns 1 pirate:!!! :cool1:

The current score is:
Luckymomoftwo - 14 pirates (800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 1700, 1800, 2200, 3000, 3700)
dvc deernut - 11 pirates (2000, 2300, 2400, 2800, 3200, 3300, 4000)
calypso726 - 6 pirates (400, 600, 1100, 1600, 2900, 3100)
BigDogHU75 - 4 Pirates (300, 1400, 2600, 3400)
disrailfan - 4 pirates (2100, 2500, 2700)
dopeygirl76 - 3 pirate (700, 1900, 3800)
cp_princess - 3 pirates (3500, 3600)
Time4disneynow - 2 pirates (500)
dvc4life - 2 pirate (900, 1300)
Time2go2disney - 2 pirates (3900, 4100)
kjd469 - 1 Pirate (200)
Tweet - 1 Pirate (100)

Every 100th post = 1 Pirate
Every 500th post = 2 Pirates
Every 1000th post = 3 Pirates

The next milestone is at the 4200th post on thread #1 or 100th post on thread #2 and is worth 1 pirate! pirate:

About the cooler/food/drink questions....I know it is DCL's policy that they do not allow coolers, but I have seen many people bring coolers. I don't think DCL will tell you that you cannot bring your cooler onboard....unless it's a great big cooler that won't fit through their scanners. And, of course, you cannot have any ice in it. When you get to your stateroom you can ask your stateroom host/hostess for ice. I know the last time we cruised, we brought tons of snacks from home including some girl scout cookies, pringles, and other kinds of chips. That was all in one of our checked bags.

So, unless DCL has cracked down on this, the backpack coolers and smaller coolers should be fine. Especially if they're the collapsable coolers.

And I hate to say but last year I took an eight pack of pepsi, in the little plastic bottles, with and I put it in my checked luggage. I would put like 3 bottles in a ziplock baggie, seal it up and just put it in my suitcase between our clothes. No problems with it what so ever. In fact, if I remember correctly, I put it in my suitcase before we left home. So we flew down to Florida with it checked too. I will probably do that again this year once we get to Florida. As we don't plan on checking bags, just carry ons, and we will have a rental car for a couple days before the cruise and we will be stopping at a grocery store or Wal-Mart some where along the way. This is just my experience and thought I would share.

Chris and Debbie - thanks for the info - I was hoping it would not be an issue. I assumed the rules were similiar to airports.

I am stressing about packing - I need to get a new large suitacse - 2 of ours were destroyed by the airline this past trip - one had been damaged by them and I had it duct taped but it finally was just too damaged...so I keep thinking how am I going to fit everything....AHHHHH!!!!

Chris and Debbie - thanks for the info - I was hoping it would not be an issue. I assumed the rules were similiar to airports.

I am stressing about packing - I need to get a new large suitacse - 2 of ours were destroyed by the airline this past trip - one had been damaged by them and I had it duct taped but it finally was just too damaged...so I keep thinking how am I going to fit everything....AHHHHH!!!!

A little tip, and maybe you already know this, but roll your clothes. You can fit more in a suitcase if you do this. Also, be sure to stuff socks/underwear in to your shoes. But be careful, you can really go over the weight limit by rolling clothes too. :rolleyes1

I've also heard about people going over the weight limit by packing their clothes in the space bags. While they save space, they do not make your clothes lighter in weight.

Pretty quite around here tonight. Is everybody packing for the cruise already??????? :rotfl2: I know DH is ready to go!

Hope all is well with everyone.

I'm not packing yet although now I am hunting DD6 another swimsuit which is nearly impossible to find now:confused3 school clothes are out. I had both girls a princess suit put away for the cruise, then we got the pool and the one DD6 had she grew out of actually everyone we put on didn't fit her somewhere --- she is VERY tall for 6 and is continuing to grow:confused:, so now I have a suit for me and none for her!! Hopefully I will make it to the bigger mall this week to see if they have anything left!!

I'm not packing yet although now I am hunting DD6 another swimsuit which is nearly impossible to find now:confused3 school clothes are out. I had both girls a princess suit put away for the cruise, then we got the pool and the one DD6 had she grew out of actually everyone we put on didn't fit her somewhere --- she is VERY tall for 6 and is continuing to grow:confused:, so now I have a suit for me and none for her!! Hopefully I will make it to the bigger mall this week to see if they have anything left!!

I thought I was the only one having trouble finding a swim stuff for the little one. I am going to have to resort to going online. Maybe I will find a sale.

Good Morning over here too!

Good luck to all those in search of swim wear for the cruise. I know I need a new top for my suit since the new one I bought this year broke already. :headache: Makes me mad cuz I really like it. So, I might go looking this weekend for a new one. Not sure. If not, I'm sure we will be stopping by Ron Jon's before we go to the cruise on Sunday morning so I may have to look there.

I told DH if I didn't find her one before the cruise - we would have to buy one on the ship :eek: and I'm sure they will be pricey for something she will fit into for a month:headache:!!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a sale too!!!!

Have you tried Target? Also they have them online at the Disney site.

I haven't started backing just yet. I have our swimsuits together and I am working on my goodie bags. But I have started my count down and planning the my DD 8th bday.

I wanted to send something to the room for her, but the gifts that the cruise line have, are not really for kids. When we first sailed with Disney, they had a nice B-day gift basket with a Pluto that could be signed. Does any one know of a website where I can get a basket made and have it sent to the ship? Thanks for any help you can offer.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter