•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

We are remodeling our kitchen and really like the granite that Disney put into the kitchens of the Copper Creek cabins.

Does anyone know the name of that granite? Or, does anyone have any close-up photos to share that shows the pattern and the gold (pyrite I assume) flecks?

We probably can't afford it, but it's worth checking.

Sorry, late to the party......It also looks like granite to me as well, but we have a company here in Minnesota that makes granite-like surfaces, check out Cambria just in case one resembles The cabins?

Thanks!

Our family also bought Copper Creek points during our recent August vacation. It was nice to finally add vacation points that join our Boulder Ridge points we purchased 17 years ago. So happy to join the neighborhood! During our recent vacation we did take advantage of Reunion Station for 7 days and loved it! I have been waiting for a concierge option for some time and wanted to try it. The food was excellent, prepared daily by a chef, and very fresh. I thought that the set hours might interfere with our usual park and resort schedule, but it did not at all since we usually return to the resort from the park in the afternoon and then go back in during the evening. Each morning for breakfast we had a good variety of delicious food options to select from to fuel our morning in the park. In the evening we like a light dinner and the food offered was perfect for example: pulled pork sliders; specialty soups; chicken and vegetables; cheese and specialty dips; crackers; fresh fruit; and specialty desserts. While the breakfast food was pretty much the same each day the evening food varied which we liked. I really liked enjoying my meals and a glass or wine or beer in the quiet ambiance of the space. I can not say enough good things about the experience, the staff, and the chef at Reunion Station. As many of us know, Walt Disney provided the infrastructure and vision, but it is the cast members that really make the difference. The cast members go above and beyond. Although I can understand how one might view the cost, it is a Disney experience well worth trying.

Our family also bought Copper Creek points during our recent August vacation. It was nice to finally add vacation points that join our Boulder Ridge points we purchased 17 years ago. So happy to join the neighborhood! During our recent vacation we did take advantage of Reunion Station for 7 days and loved it! I have been waiting for a concierge option for some time and wanted to try it. The food was excellent, prepared daily by a chef, and very fresh. I thought that the set hours might interfere with our usual park and resort schedule, but it did not at all since we usually return to the resort from the park in the afternoon and then go back in during the evening. Each morning for breakfast we had a good variety of delicious food options to select from to fuel our morning in the park. In the evening we like a light dinner and the food offered was perfect for example: pulled pork sliders; specialty soups; chicken and vegetables; cheese and specialty dips; crackers; fresh fruit; and specialty desserts. While the breakfast food was pretty much the same each day the evening food varied which we liked. I really liked enjoying my meals and a glass or wine or beer in the quiet ambiance of the space. I can not say enough good things about the experience, the staff, and the chef at Reunion Station. As many of us know, Walt Disney provided the infrastructure and vision, but it is the cast members that really make the difference. The cast members go above and beyond. Although I can understand how one might view the cost, it is a Disney experience well worth trying.
Thank you for this post. We have RS booked for our upcoming night next month. We are super excited to see what it's all about.

And Welcome Home, neighbor.

What's everyones opinion on the new character dining at Artist Pointe? I've actually never been there, so I have no opinion, but my wife is excited since the characters are supposed to be snow white and company, which are her favorite characters.

What's everyones opinion on the new character dining at Artist Pointe? I've actually never been there, so I have no opinion, but my wife is excited since the characters are supposed to be snow white and company, which are her favorite characters.
I personally am very excited about this, but there are many who do not share my excitement. There are a couple of threads on the subject. I don’t feel I need a “true signature” or fine dining at CC because we have that at home and it’s not our focus when we are there. I’m much happier sipping on drinks at GP that I ever was at AP. Many disagree.

Not happy. AP was one of our faves. My family has outgrown characters.

Count me as another disgruntled guest over the changes to AP. Frankly, I hate the idea on various levels and have no plans to ever go back. Beyond that, I have no opinion.

To be honest, while i have never been to AP and have no real opinion, AP wasnt one of the outstanding signature restaurants on-property like Jiko's or Flying Fish (not trying to step on anyones toes) so I could see why they might change it

Artist Point - Schmartis Point. Low attendance doesn’t impact many. Unfortunate but people have essentially voted with their forks, or lack thereof.

Most important — java. Please get a decent coffee option. Wonderful lake in the morning with continued bad coffee sucks. That’s my Johnny one note theme til remedied.

Artist Point - Schmartis Point. Low attendance doesn’t impact many. Unfortunate but people have essentially voted with their forks, or lack thereof.

Most important — java. Please get a decent coffee option. Wonderful lake in the morning with continued bad coffee sucks. That’s my Johnny one note theme til remedied.

Yeah I really enjoyed having the coffee at territory lounge. Even if it was just a temporary option it felt like a little cafe. And much like your local barista, or even better than, they begin to know you by face and ask if you want your regular. The gentleman there knew my son was "the hot tea kid" and had that going for him each morning.

Yeah I really enjoyed having the coffee at territory lounge. Even if it was just a temporary option it felt like a little cafe. And much like your local barista, or even better than, they begin to know you by face and ask if you want your regular. The gentleman there knew my son was "the hot tea kid" and had that going for him each morning.
Must agree that the temp coffee lounge was great. But, like most culinary decisions at WL, they opted to discontinue it (twice) and with no good replacement. Truly, the food options at WL used to be solid to excellent. Now, they're simply mediocre.

Thanks for the info! That is so interesting since the front desk staff told me that guests could not access the trash rooms.
I remember that. I thought maybe they locked them or something but both are still open. It just shows that the front desk doesn’t always know what they should. We are just glad to not have to hang on to diapers any longer than we have to...

is there a link to some info on what floors the walk in shower studios are located? or the studios with tubs? I am trying to decide which we may want to book depending on where they are located. Thanks!

Thanks for the info! That is so interesting since the front desk staff told me that guests could not access the trash rooms.

I remember that. I thought maybe they locked them or something but both are still open. It just shows that the front desk doesn’t always know what they should. We are just glad to not have to hang on to diapers any longer than we have to...

I expect that the front desk CMs have not gotten used to having DVC members in the Lodge itself and didn't know that there are trash rooms available for the DVC rooms. The hotel portion never made the trash rooms assessable for guests. It is funny but we have only stayed on floors 4 and 6 and thought we saw the trash rooms but couldn't remember where. :thanks: for finding their location, GrandCalifornian.

I expect that the front desk CMs have not gotten used to having DVC members in the Lodge itself and didn't know that there are trash rooms available for the DVC rooms. The hotel portion never made the trash rooms assessable for guests. It is funny but we have only stayed on floors 4 and 6 and thought we saw the trash rooms but couldn't remember where. :thanks: for finding their location, GrandCalifornian.

That's my guess too.

is there a link to some info on what floors the walk in shower studios are located? or the studios with tubs? I am trying to decide which we may want to book depending on where they are located. Thanks!
There is nothing official yet, but we have been keeping track earlier on this thread here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...s-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/page-58

So far it appears that many tubs are on the first floor, and most alternate studios have tubs. Beyond that, most seem to have walk in showers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts