•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I expect that the front desk CMs have not gotten used to having DVC members in the Lodge itself and didn't know that there are trash rooms available for the DVC rooms. The hotel portion never made the trash rooms assessable for guests. It is funny but we have only stayed on floors 4 and 6 and thought we saw the trash rooms but couldn't remember where. :thanks: for finding their location, GrandCalifornian.

I specifically mentioned that there had always been trash rooms in DVC buildings because DVC members had not received daily trash pick up until very recently. I had to keep asking (rephrasing my question) because when I asked where the trash rooms were, the cast members (there were several standing together at the front desk) just kept answering that I could call housekeeping to get my trash picked up.

I guess I should have remembered that some cast members will give an answer without making sure that it's accurate. I'm not trying to malign all cast members - it may be just a very small percentage.

I think we might just be about to join the club and make our purchase for DVC at Copper Creek! Speaking with sales this week and getting our ducks in a row after much back and forth :) Super excited to feel like we've found our fit though! How is availability looking for next summer (2bedroom)? We had hopes of a July trip and I'm curious as to how booked things are looking for those with home resort advantage ;) I NEED to be back at my happy place!

I think we might just be about to join the club and make our purchase for DVC at Copper Creek! Speaking with sales this week and getting our ducks in a row after much back and forth :) Super excited to feel like we've found our fit though! How is availability looking for next summer (2bedroom)? We had hopes of a July trip and I'm curious as to how booked things are looking for those with home resort advantage ;) I NEED to be back at my happy place!
If you are a first time DVC owner they will give you pixie dust and make a reservation for you. Tell your guide.

Next summer is no issue for a 2BR.

We stayed at BRV this last week and just fell in love with the lodge, its location, and transportation options. It is so peaceful and relaxing. What we didn't like was we had the furthest room from the lobby at BRV. Unfortunately we didn't get to experience the pools either because each time we were heading down, there was lightning in the area and the pools closed. We decided to go on another DVC tour as we were looking at adding on points. Well, we ended up getting CCV points as an add-on to our Poly points and are hoping to get a studio or 1bdr during the holiday season next year. It will be nice to be in the main lodge building now.

We stayed at BRV this last week and just fell in love with the lodge, its location, and transportation options. It is so peaceful and relaxing. What we didn't like was we had the furthest room from the lobby at BRV. Unfortunately we didn't get to experience the pools either because each time we were heading down, there was lightning in the area and the pools closed. We decided to go on another DVC tour as we were looking at adding on points. Well, we ended up getting CCV points as an add-on to our Poly points and are hoping to get a studio or 1bdr during the holiday season next year. It will be nice to be in the main lodge building now.

:welcome:and Congrats, neighbor!!! So exciting!! Happy you loved CCV!!!! Isn’t it such a beautiful place?!! I love being part of the Main Building!! I can sit in the lobby all day!! What is your UY? I’ll get you up on Page 1!!

Last edited:
:welcome:and Congrats, neighbor!!! So exciting!! Happy you loved CCV!!!! Isn’t it such a beautiful place?!! I love being part of the Main Building!! I can sit in the lobby all day!! What is your UY? I’ll gwt you up on Page 1!!

We have an Aug UY, they matched our previous contract which fit our travel needs as we always travel to WDW during the fall and maybe someday spring. We loved the rocking chairs near the fireplace!

GrandCalifornian posted pictures of a dedicated 2-bedroom in post #1772.

I was in Copper Creek Room 5130. In the MDE app it was described as 1 BRV-Hear-Acc-Vis-Alrm Notif K QSS.

I did not request a hearing-accessible room. Apparently nobody needed it, so I got stuck with it.

It was a one-bedroom, which can be part of a 2-bedroom lockoff. The connecting door is in the living room.

My kitchen and living room looked exactly like GrandCalifornian's.

However, my bathroom layout was different. The toilet, walk-in shower and sink were all in one room. (The second part of the bathroom contained the soaker tub and the other sink.)

I had one closet across from the washer/dryer. It did not have a pack & play in it.
Here are two pictures of the closet:

There was an armoire in the bedroom. The armoire had a light in it. The light could not be turned off. I assumed it was part of the hearing accessibility feature. If there is an emergency, some lights in the room do something. I unplugged it. It was directly across from the bed, and I would not have been able to sleep with a light right in my eyes. The armoire was a lot smaller than the closet in the bathroom which I remember from BWV. This is the armoire with the doors open:

The bedroom had a desk in it, but there was not room for a regular chair. It had an upholstered stool instead.

I had a really hard time figuring out how to use the shower. There are two shower heads. There are two knobs. You might think that one knob controls one shower head, and the other knob control the other shower head. You would be wrong. The top knob must be in the 3:00 position to get the rain shower head to work. It must be in a different position to get the hand held shower head to work. (I think it was 12:00 but I'm not sure.) If the top knob is in any other position, water does not come out of either shower head. The bottom knob is for turning the water on and off, and controlling the temperature.

I had a pool view.

I heard really, really, really loud music at 9:37 every night that I was in the room at that time. It stopped at about 10:00. I assume it was the Electrical Water Pageant. I would think it would wake you up if you had fallen asleep.

Last edited:
We have successfully booked a CCV studio for our April 11-18th trip! We are hoping for a room that is on the main pool side....just for a different view than our lake view room at BRV last April (which was wonderful too) Any floor that is better to request?

We have successfully booked a CCV studio for our April 11-18th trip! We are hoping for a room that is on the main pool side....just for a different view than our lake view room at BRV last April (which was wonderful too) Any floor that is better to request?
Great! I’m sure you will love it. No experience in a CCV studio, but if you look at the floor plans on page one of the thread you will see that studios are only sporadically available on the upper floors as opposed to the first floor, with few very far down the wing. If you utilize the balcony much, I believe the 6th floor has the “walled” balconies most want to avoid. With that said, I think from walking past that many of the first floor units that are mid-wing sit a little further from the interior path with landscaping in between offering some separation from the walkway.

I did not request one side or the other. I requested the 4th or 5th floor. My theory was: the 6th and 7th floors can have overhangs which block your view from the balcony. The 2nd floor and 3rd floors might be loud from the lobby.

When I got there, I learned that there are public areas on the 4th floor. There are several sitting areas next to the rail which overlooks the lobby. So if some of your group would like to get out of the room and sit somewhere nearby, you might like the 4th floor. On the other hand, if you do not like to be near where total strangers are sitting around, you might not like the 4th floor.

If you want to be near the laundry room, that's on the 4th floor.

If you go back 2 posts, I posted the view from my room.

@Best Aunt, we stayed in a dedicated 1BR, 6107 with no accessibility mods as far as I know, and it was configured exactly as yours. I think your armoire light switch must have been defunct. I don’t know what all goes into a hearing impaired unit but certainly visual smoke alarms (although that may be standard in commercial properties now) and maybe a visual doorbell?

We like requesting a high floor, but if you are on the top floor you will have an enclosed balcony. These occur for room numbers 6120 and higher (because the 7th floor does not extend to the end of the wing, and where it does exist the 6th floor rooms have open balconies.)
Because of this oddity, as others have suggested floor 5 is a nice way to go, or you could request high floor, open balcony. We have an enclosed balcony this time and enjoy it, but it is a matter of preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!