•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Its been a couple of years since stayed at CCV. Looking forward to a one week stay at the end of July. Noticed in another forum that Wilderness Lodge hotel rooms now have Keurig coffee maker v. the traditional drip. Has CCV replaced the drip coffee maker with a Keurig also? Doing shopping list and that Joffrey coffee they provide is foul so trying to decide whether need K-cup or just some simple ground coffee. Thx.

Its been a couple of years since stayed at CCV. Looking forward to a one week stay at the end of July. Noticed in another forum that Wilderness Lodge hotel rooms now have Keurig coffee maker v. the traditional drip. Has CCV replaced the drip coffee maker with a Keurig also? Doing shopping list and that Joffrey coffee they provide is foul so trying to decide whether need K-cup or just some simple ground coffee. Thx.

Unfortunately, it’s still a standard coffee pot! I wish they would change it, though!!!!!!!

We have been at Copper Creek in a dedicated 2-bedroom (cash stay, military discount) since Tuesday. Having a fabulous time! Thought I would check in with some thoughts while I am relaxing in the villa while the littlest grandchild naps this afternoon.

We have 5 adults and 3 little ones (6, 4, and 1), and this villa is quite perfect for us. We requested an inflatable mattress for my adult daughter, so that she could sleep in our (king) room rather than the sofa bed, and got a brand new Intex with pump from housekeeping. We also got a high chair and pack n play for the littlest, and a bed rail for the 4 year old’s side of the bed.

We put the pack n play in the closet in the 2-bed room, and it works perfectly. You can’t close the actual closet door with it in there, but the sliding barn doors that seal off the bathroom from the room work to make it dark and quiet. Once he’s asleep, it’s okay for the rest of the family to use the bathroom, or they can use ours.

Love the kitchen for breakfasts. We had a grocery order delivered, and have made eggs and bacon, or cereal, or other items each day in just a few minutes.

We are in 6120, which does have the high walls and overhang to the balconies (they don’t connect), but we are fine with that. It’s too hot to sit out there anyway. And the view is great when we do want to pop out for a minute! We could see the Electric Water Pageant from there.

But what we really like about the location of the villa is that we are right beside the “middle” elevators in the building. Down to Level 1, and there is a non-descript door that leads right to the bus stop and the BR pool. Turn the other way from the elevators, and it comes out not far from the main pool, and a short walk from Roaring Fork. I’m glad we found those “shortcuts” early on — typically that’s the kind of thing you find the last day!

We did a scavenger hunt the first evening, thanks to a former cast member on the Ear for Each Other page. Really fun for the whole family, and a great intro to the resort.

Happy to answer any questions or check anything out for anyone. We are here until Tuesday.

Attachments

• AD1CA559-EBE0-4950-89DB-01022249F5B5.jpeg
    AD1CA559-EBE0-4950-89DB-01022249F5B5.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 5B1FEFAF-788E-49BD-AB56-C307978A4FE9.jpeg
    5B1FEFAF-788E-49BD-AB56-C307978A4FE9.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 80E3B620-3975-4741-B8C2-D7E142A71DD2.jpeg
    80E3B620-3975-4741-B8C2-D7E142A71DD2.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 28
We have been at Copper Creek in a dedicated 2-bedroom (cash stay, military discount) since Tuesday. Having a fabulous time! Thought I would check in with some thoughts while I am relaxing in the villa while the littlest grandchild naps this afternoon.

We have 5 adults and 3 little ones (6, 4, and 1), and this villa is quite perfect for us. We requested an inflatable mattress for my adult daughter, so that she could sleep in our (king) room rather than the sofa bed, and got a brand new Intex with pump from housekeeping. We also got a high chair and pack n play for the littlest, and a bed rail for the 4 year old’s side of the bed.

We put the pack n play in the closet in the 2-bed room, and it works perfectly. You can’t close the actual closet door with it in there, but the sliding barn doors that seal off the bathroom from the room work to make it dark and quiet. Once he’s asleep, it’s okay for the rest of the family to use the bathroom, or they can use ours.

Love the kitchen for breakfasts. We had a grocery order delivered, and have made eggs and bacon, or cereal, or other items each day in just a few minutes.

We are in 6120, which does have the high walls and overhang to the balconies (they don’t connect), but we are fine with that. It’s too hot to sit out there anyway. And the view is great when we do want to pop out for a minute! We could see the Electric Water Pageant from there.

But what we really like about the location of the villa is that we are right beside the “middle” elevators in the building. Down to Level 1, and there is a non-descript door that leads right to the bus stop and the BR pool. Turn the other way from the elevators, and it comes out not far from the main pool, and a short walk from Roaring Fork. I’m glad we found those “shortcuts” early on — typically that’s the kind of thing you find the last day!

We did a scavenger hunt the first evening, thanks to a former cast member on the Ear for Each Other page. Really fun for the whole family, and a great intro to the resort.

Happy to answer any questions or check anything out for anyone. We are here until Tuesday.
Do each of the rooms have a pack and play or must one request that? Also, can you request a high chair too?

Are the gas grills @ Copper Creek still available for use or shut down during pandemic? If open does anyone know if the grilling utensils are still available?

thx

Just some quick trip thoughts from our stay May 29 through June 5. (six people, four adults, two children)

1. We Requested a 4th or 5th floor room overlooking the main pool. While we were on that side, we got room 5100 (dedicated 2-BR) which in at the front of the resort, above the lobby over looking half the parking lot and the bus stop. Not what we had wanted, but the room was still great (it was our first stay due to Covid, I don't think anyone cared terribly-except maybe me.

2. We had some issues; saw two water bugs/roaches (whatever they may be called). I saw the first one and killed it before my wife saw it to try to head off any issues. She saw the second. Went down to let the front desk know and to get some more toiletries (four women in the room) and while we were gone the next day they had someone come and spray.

3. I wouldn't have known they came and sprayed except they pulled out the fridge to do so and unplugged it. The cords aren't long so after fighting with it for a bit, we called the front desk and they sent someone up, but by the time they got there we had already gotten a kiddo in there to plug it in and come out from a different side. Glad we caught that before everything was ruined, but the resort acted quickly to rectify the situation.

4. The shower in the master stopped working on our resort day. Called down again, again they were prompt. I have no idea what they did but their fiddling with it (they didn't do any plumbing) got it up and running in about an hour.

5. The plate over the scanner on the door fell off, we fixed that once we found it in the hallway.

6. USBs on the shower side in the master bedroom were shoved into the headboard and couldn't be used. USBs on the entire wall in the second bedroom that is shared with the living room did not work. We didn't call about these, but I let the resort know in an email.

7. Mobile ordering at Geyser Point was a lifesaver, as we were not getting in otherwise at night. Buffalo Burger was amazing, the brisket dip was not something that I guess translated well to carrying it up to your room. It was terrible. I'm sure it's better at dine in, but it was a lump of goo no one could dip into. Everyone liked their food absent that. We ordered twice while we were there.

8. Geyser was not operational, seemed to be undergoing a refurb. Sad that it wasn't running but wasn't an issue for us.

9. Boats were going an hour before. That was an amazing way to get back and forth from MK. Really enjoyed starting and ending the day that way.

10. Territory Lounge was open, that was a welcome surprise.

11. Nikki at Whispering Canyon was a fantastic server. Really enjoyed her.

12. This was our first stay at the lodge. We loved it, definitely cemented our choice of home resort.

13. Both pools were awesome, glad the quite pool was open earlier.

14. All of the staff were amazing, hated to leave.

15. Lines were not that bad. Had grandparents in tow on this trip so it was slow going and we left before the parks were closed. Our last trip was 2017 when fast pass existed. In contrast on that trip we did one half of MK on one day and the other half on another day. This trip we had 2/3 of MK defeated on the first day which was much better for the grad parents as we did the last 1/3 the day before we left. On our last trip we never made around Epcot, this trip we did the whole thing. Hollywood was not as bad has I had anticipated and we scrapped our plan to go to Tower and Rocking first thing, but that was because we got boarding group 8 for Rise, so we had good reason. Animal Kingdom was quick, and I would encourage all to do the first seating of Lion King, it filled quickly after we were done.

16. This was our first time in Disney Springs, had no idea how sprawling it was. Homecomin' chicken and, especially, the catfish, were amazing. The chicken fried steak was so large it looked like a joke.

We are already looking forward to another return trip, loved our home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter