“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Happy New Year!!! :)

Yay for going back so soon after wrapping up this TR! You can wave to me from the airport when you stop in Chicago on your way! :)
Happy New Year Jackie!
Thanks for finding my report and joining in, it will be awesome to meet you in May!
I will give you a wave from our layover in Chicago!

Woohoo! You're getting so close :hyper:
Yes! I am getting excited to have a break from snow, it actually was warm for our area yesterday, we hit 40, yay!

Wow! That's amazing. Do you apply your "extra" money to your next trip?
I do! I bought our DAH tickets and still have some left over!

Noted! ;) I love those times... the crowds are typically really light
I love this time and normally with a certain deal it is cost savings, this year the prices are much higher even with the deal so I am a little bummed out!

Super cute!!!
Thank you, Andi is the queen of different ears but I needed a couple pairs of my own! I love purple and AK is my favorite park!

Thank you so much! The chocolate croissants are very yummy at CP! Andi hardly ate anything at this breakfast, ugh! She probably ate $4.00 worth not $45.00! I have been following the August thread and see your comments, I am so upset that the deal I usually get in August has literally almost doubled in cost, yikes! It will be over $1000.00 more this year than last year! I don’t know what to do! I might rent points for BLT, it would be cheaper. We love to stay at a monorail resort in August. This has been our way to enjoy these resorts at a reasonable cost, so hard to swallow the new prices. The DDP just doesn’t work for us though I do like paying gradually and if I rent I have to pay all up front! So, I am still pondering! We always doing well on our dining budget for the most part so that is a plus!
Keep me updated on your August decisions!

I’m really disappointed in the pricing too. I’ve been hearing how great the Labor Day deals are & I finally got DH on board to go this time I’d year. Mainly because of the deals and then this happens. I still haven’t gotten the official rates from my TA yet. She will give them to me on Monday but from what I’m seeing it’s nowhere near what I’m expecting.

I did look into renting points yesterday but I just don’t have all the money for the upfront costs. I just wasn’t expecting the deals to not work out & didn’t budget for it.

I think we’re going to do 5 nights at a moderate with upgraded free dining & the tickets. Then do the other 4 or 5 nights on the “deal” pricing as room only on an Epcot resort. Then do all expensive sit down & character meals on the free dining. Ugh we need to sitdown & go over our meals & then when we get pricing on Monday decide what we should do.

I oringinally wanted to do WL or a monorail resort then switch to an Epcot resort half way through. But I don’t think we can swing that with the new pricing. I’ll let you know what we end up doing. :sad:

I’ll let you know what we end up doing. :sad:
Yes keep me updated, I still haven’t decided either, the Epcot resorts are more reasonable with the deal. I think WL is in the deal again this year. I think I might bite the bullet and do GF with the deal so I can pay over time, it is way more but less than Disney’s current promotion.

I really enjoyed your TR! So many good little tips. Specially for a laid back touring style.

I had no idea you could do the airline checkin and still take Lyft/Uber to the airport, so cool. Can't wait for your next trip report.

Happy New Year Caroline! Awesome to know you have another trip right around the corner. And never fear if your room at AKL isn't any good, they can just move you over to the Grand Floridian again :-) Seriously though we stayed at AKL in a standard view a few years back and got a savannah view over the "people pens" that worked out great.

Its a ways off, but we'll likely overlap in August for a few days. Our APs run out on August 19th so we are going to try and get a week in before that.

Hi Gina! Is this your first DAH? If so you will love it. Let’s hope the weather cooperates for it. If it works out to say hi that would be great! I will keep my eyes peeled haha!
It is! The dates never worked out in the past. We did the early morning magic hours (I think that’s what it’s called) a few years ago but we are excited to get to explore more than just fantasyland with DAH!

I really enjoyed your TR! So many good little tips. Specially for a laid back touring style.

I had no idea you could do the airline checkin and still take Lyft/Uber to the airport, so cool. Can't wait for your next trip report.
Thank you, nice to hear!
You can definitely use airline check in and use a different mode of transportation to airport!
We will be at WDW in about 2 weeks, yay!

Happy New Year Caroline! Awesome to know you have another trip right around the corner. And never fear if your room at AKL isn't any good, they can just move you over to the Grand Floridian again :-) Seriously though we stayed at AKL in a standard view a few years back and got a savannah view over the "people pens" that worked out great.

Its a ways off, but we'll likely overlap in August for a few days. Our APs run out on August 19th so we are going to try and get a week in before that.
Thanks Kari! We are really looking forward to AKL, I’m fine with a tiny little view of the savanna!
Yay, for August trips! I am looking at resorts for the best deal, prices are way higher than last year, boo!

It is! The dates never worked out in the past. We did the early morning magic hours (I think that’s what it’s called) a few years ago but we are excited to get to explore more than just fantasyland with DAH!
You will love it! It is so fun to experience the park with low crowds, especially since it doesn’t happen much anymore!

I found the snack areas around the hub never had lines so keep that in mind!

Your eyebrows were fine!! (I always worry about mine too :rotfl: )

We are up bright and early to check in with the airline, love this feature of the resorts. Our luggage is checked and boarding passes are in hand. The staff at check in here was so very pleasant and helpful! Such a time saver for airport arrival. Our carry on bags brought to bell service and stored.

This is absolutely my favorite perk of staying with Disney!!

and Merida had no one waiting for her

Ooh, that's lucky!! She's on my meet and greet bucket list and I always skip her b/c of her line

This is the second time we have jumped on a bus about 1 hour later than our scheduled time and it has worked fine! It is always sad to leave:sad1:

We've cut it close twice on our regularly scheduled one...after this trip, we decided we're making the trip to get Pre-Check b/c we're over regular security lines!!

img_jan12019at22943pm-jpg.372799

I will live vicariously through you!! If we got that much snow here, kids would be out of school for at least two weeks :scared1: We're considered a southern state, so we don't have removal equipment to handle any significant snow. It's been four years or so since we've had snow that affected things, and a photo went viral of the state line from here and Missouri - the MO side was totally clear, and ours was still a mess.

*We loved the GF, our room was beautiful, the grounds are lovely, walkable to the Poly, along the water, and lovely CM’s

What building do you think is most convenient? We want to stay here, but we're afraid of getting put in a building far away. On the villas side, it actually looks like some rooms might be closer to the Polynesian, but I never pay too much attention to the outer buildings on the other side. All of us want to stay here in the next trip or two (we can't decide between GF and Yacht Club).

I love this spirit jersey!!

I had so much fun reading along, thank you!!

I have so enjoyed your report. I can't wait to read the January one!

And those purple ears!!!! I :love: Purple too! May I ask where those came from?

Thanks again for sharing!

I just want to say and all you “veteran park guests, know this, it is so entertaining being in line! Some of the things you hear people talking about, hilarious! Sometimes I wonder if some people do any research before heading to Disney!

I notice that all the time! Sometimes it is so hard not to say anything!! :laughing:

So happy that didn’t happen. Lesson learned! The scary thing is I have no recollection of throwing that package out with the junk mail, yikes! Thank goodness I am on vacation now until next week!!

Stressful!!! So glad that the package with the cards was found!

Our first stop was the Groot magic shot.

Adorable!

Thanks for the great TR!!

I've been MIA for the past month or two, so super behind. Trying to catch up.

I had been texting with Sam, she is @MinnieWebster on the boards, she was in the park with her husband.

Hey, that's me!! :goodvibes :wave:

Sam, I enjoyed meeting you two!

We enjoyed meeting you as well!!

I did make it out and got a picture to show I was still in one piece!

Great pic!

If I wouldn’t have thought to check that email on Sunday, the gift cards would have been gone forever!

Oh man! Good thing you happened to check that email!

It is PhotoPass Day!

Yay!!

Our plan was AK in the morning and Epcot in the evening!

We thought the Photopass options were better for these two parks, but we already had our plans set up to go to HS and MK that day. But we did pretty well getting what was offered there

Our first stop was the Groot magic shot.

WHAT?!?! I didn't know about this one!!! Dang! That would have been awesome!

We got a dreaded 14” of snow and now it is windy and getting colder yuck!

Ew...

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! I hope Disney Magic and Disney trips are in everyone’s New Year:yay:

Happy New Year!!! We were originally thinking going over Thanksgiving this fall, but with the uncertainty of when Galaxy's Edge will be opening, we are debating going over Labor Day instead. My parents will be joining us, this will be their second trip.

We got pounded with 15” of snow and we got another 6” this Monday! It is pretty and we are use to this, however it still stinks!

Again, ew.... I like snow, as long as I don't have to go anywhere. But I don't like the cold. :cold:

Food was really good this trip and we did really well with our budget, so good I had over $400.00 left for the next trip.

Wow! That's great!!

One because I love purple

LOVE these!!! :love:

Better quote these posts before the Dis goes down for the night.

He found it in the garbage, I accidentally threw away 450.00 of Disney money:blush:
YIKES, thank goodness DH found them.

Haha, my typos are becoming a thing apparently, LOL. I'll just develop my own language. We'll call it Chunkism. :rotfl:
:lmao:Chunkism:lmao:I don't usually read all of the chatter between post but so happy I saw this it was so funny.

We headed over to Pandora via the Africa bridge. I love this way.
::yes::

Starbucks has filtered water in big cups, this is a better option than the weird tasting QS water. The wait is a little longer but I think it is worth it.

This is a good tip!!

Love this picture of you and Andi and Mickey!

I need to disclose something, I bought a new eyebrow pencil at Sephora in DS and I do believe I was a little heavy handed with it:rotfl:Looking at the pictures, wow holy eyebrows Caroline!

:rotfl: This made me laugh! I feel like we're always our own worst eyebrow critics. I felt like my wedding makeup brows were too heavy, but everyone else said they looked fine. I think you looked perfectly nice.

Our breakfast was up next at Crystal Palace! This is our 3rd breakfast here and is one of my favorites. The food is very tasty, fresh, and a good variety.

Ooh, you're making me want to go back here! Maybe on our next trip.

We gathered our bags from bell service and noticed a ME bus was picking people up. I asked the driver if we could get on this one, showed my paperwork, and she said no problem. This is the second time we have jumped on a bus about 1 hour later than our scheduled time and it has worked fine!

Glad that worked out for you! I'm sure you really didn't need the extra time at all since you had pre-check and did the airline check-in.

Leaving day is always the saddest, by far!

Food was really good this trip and we did really well with our budget, so good I had over $400.00 left for the next trip.

Wow, that's awesome!!

It was so hot this trip and really no breaks in the heat, very humid this August, not unusual, just more noticeable for us and we love the heat!

I feel you there! I remember what this was like.

The mob scene getting into TSL and the SDD being delayed both times I got up super early!

That's so frustrating!

I love this one!! It reminds me of Sulley.

Man was I behind! The rain really put a "damper" on your last night :P but at least you had some park time the next day! As much as many people put in their ponchos and plow through rain, I just don't enjoy doing that too much.
CP breakfast is a meal we've never done, but I hear so much praise for that breakfast lasagna!

Love the purple ears :) I'm bummed we don't overlap this month but excited we'll meet in May. Definitely pack layers lol, our last Jan trip was cold. Not Minnesota cold but cold by Florida standards for sure.

Enjoyed your report as always!

I have so enjoyed your report. I can't wait to read the January one!

And those purple ears!!!! I :love: Purple too! May I ask where those came from?

Thanks again for sharing!
Thank you so much! We are 2 weeks away now from our trip!
I got the ears from an Etsy shop called Made by Magic Designs, she has some really unique and different designs!
They actually are not hard to wear either, fairly comfortable as far as ears go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!