“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

I've never seen that Groot magic shot, so cute! Especially since you are wearing your Groot shirt!

Sounds like a nice meal at Via Napoli!

Stinks that the rain cut your evening short.

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas! I hope the snow didn't get you too bad!
Thanks, it was a fun magic shot.
We really enjoy Via Napoli, so good.
I’m a wimp in the rain, we usually head back to the resort when it is raining hard!
I hope your Christmas was wonderful and Happy New Year! We did get a lot of snow:sad:

We decided to go into the American Pavilion and watch the show in here. In all our visits we had never done this.
Same here, I have never seen that show. Actually I’ve never walked into the American pavilion nor seen VOL. Some would call that blasphemy.
It’s on my to do list.

We were brought to the horse themed room. It is in the back and we had never been in here.
That’s the same room I ate in last trip. Was it always there or has is been added in the last couple years? I never remembered it before.
I’ve never had a bad meal at VN. Glad you enjoyed it.

Same here, I have never seen that show. Actually I’ve never walked into the American pavilion nor seen VOL. Some would call that blasphemy.
It’s on my to do list.
This is the first show in all the WS we have watched! VOL are really good, I recommend!

That’s the same room I ate in last trip. Was it always there or has is been added in the last couple years? I never remembered it before.
I’ve never had a bad meal at VN. Glad you enjoyed it.
Yes I guess this is the new room, I didn’t realize it either! Good pizza each time we have been!

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! I hope Disney Magic and Disney trips are in everyone’s New Year:yay:

Today was day 10 of the August trip. This is the last day of our trip. :sad:

We are up bright and early to check in with the airline, love this feature of the resorts. Our luggage is checked and boarding passes are in hand. The staff at check in here was so very pleasant and helpful! Such a time saver for airport arrival. Our carry on bags brought to bell service and stored.

On to the monorail for our short trip over to the MK. The security was a breeze, as usual, at the monorail station. We entered MK around 8:30. It was already hot and I needed some ice water. Starbucks has filtered water in big cups, this is a better option than the weird tasting QS water. The wait is a little longer but I think it is worth it.
IMG_Dec302018at85701AM.jpg
The Trolley show was right at the spot of our Starbucks exit, we watched the show for a little while. The show speaks to each season, this was the summer show, we have seen all seasons, love it!
IMG_Dec302018at85600AM.jpg
Our first attraction was to meet Mickey in Town Square. We like to say hello and goodbye to Mickey on our last day. This was a nice meet even if Mickey doesn’t talk anymore. During our visit, we told Mickey how much fun we have had and we hope to see him real soon!
IMG_Dec302018at85725AM.jpg
IMG_Dec302018at90037AM.jpg
We hadn’t done the picture with the pumpkins on Main Street yet and the line was short so we did this before moving on. I need to disclose something, I bought a new eyebrow pencil at Sephora in DS and I do believe I was a little heavy handed with it:rotfl:Looking at the pictures, wow holy eyebrows Caroline!
IMG_Dec302018at90011AM.jpg
We did 7DMT with a FP.
IMG_Dec302018at90230AM.jpg

I needed the restroom after this from all my water :eek: We were by Cheshire Cat and Merida had no one waiting for her. Andi went to meet her while I was in the restroom. She had a nice meet.
IMG_Dec302018at90106AM.jpg
IMG_Dec302018at90141AM.jpg
We traveled through the Tangled area and went on HM next. The line was very short and we didn’t need a FP for it. We did have one and I wanted to use it because we would be leaving shortly. The CM told me “don’t waste a FP now, keep it and modify it” Silly CM, I know, except we don’t really need to, we have to leave soon:worried:
IMG_Dec302018at85904AM.jpg

IMG_Dec302018at85939AM.jpg

Cont in the next post.......

Cont. from above, our last morning in MK.......

Our flight was scheduled to depart Orlando at 2:15pm. We decided to take a Lyft to the airport, in order to give us an extra hour.

We walked over to Pirates and this was our last ride in the MK. It was a fun last ride!
IMG_Dec302018at90320AM.jpg
Our breakfast was up next at Crystal Palace! This is our 3rd breakfast here and is one of my favorites. The food is very tasty, fresh, and a good variety. We did feel a little pressure with the time constraints and the breakfast was a little rushed! I did enjoy the food and we did meet all the 100 acre characters except Pooh Bear. He was going to be awhile and we needed to get going. We have met him many other times so we didn’t mind. My favorite breakfast items here are The cheesy hash browns, chocolate croissants, Mickey waffles, and the breakfast lasagna. Enjoy a few pictures from the meal! I was stuffed when we finished.
IMG_Dec302018at91230AM.jpg
IMG_Dec302018at91201AM.jpg
IMG_Dec302018at91258AM.jpg
IMG_Dec302018at91028AM.jpg
IMG_Dec302018at91103AM.jpg
IMG_Dec302018at90923AM.jpg

One last picture on Main Street!
IMG_Dec302018at90400AM.jpg
We took the boat back to the GF because it was right there as we came up to the area and GF is the first stop.
IMG_Dec302018at90446AM.jpg
We gathered our bags from bell service and noticed a ME bus was picking people up. I asked the driver if we could get on this one, showed my paperwork, and she said no problem. This is the second time we have jumped on a bus about 1 hour later than our scheduled time and it has worked fine! It is always sad to leave:sad1:
IMG_Dec302018at90625AM.jpg

We do have TSA pre-check and luggage already checked so leaving an hou later has worked for us. Time to leave WDW, this is never fun!

Security was quick at MCO and we soon were waiting at our gate. We picked up a few snacks for the flight and boarded on time. Our flight was uneventful and we arrived back in Minneapolis around 4:30 and boarded our shuttle shortly after. Routine life quickly returned once we arrived back home. :P

Thank you so much for reading along and commenting on my trip! I really enjoy putting our trips to paper!

I will be back with a wrap up on some new, favorite, not so favorite, and more of my observations of this trip! I will also do a brief update on my January trip which is coming up soon.

Breakfast total at CP=$90.00 expensive for us, lol!

One more post coming soon, It’s a wrap!!

We are up bright and early to check in with the airline, love this feature of the resorts.
Oh I so do too, but we are trying Shades of Green for the first time for our next trip so sadly no airport check in for us.

We like to say hello and goodbye to Mickey on our last day.
What a great tradition!

Looking at the pictures, wow holy eyebrows Caroline!
img_dec302018at90011am-jpg.372276
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I think you look fine, but had to laugh as we have all been there at some point.

Our flight was scheduled to depart Orlando at 2:15pm. We decided to take a Lyft to the airport, in order to give us an extra hour.
We did this on our last trip too and it was well worth it. Leaving 3 hours early is just ridiculous.

Yum!!! I could totally devour some of these right about now. Love that you went out on such a good meal.

We gathered our bags from bell service and noticed a ME bus was picking people up. I asked the driver if we could get on this one, showed my paperwork, and she said no problem. This is the second time we have jumped on a bus about 1 hour later than our scheduled time and it has worked fine!
Wow, I had no idea you could do this. I'll have to try it next time we are at a Disney resort.

Breakfast total at CP=$90.00 expensive for us, lol!
That is expensive for you. That's like a full days worth of food for you 2.

I feel behind somewhere, But I am caught up....

Great trip report as always! Can't wait to hear about the next adventure you guys have!

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year!
Thank you! And same to you! :wizard:

I hope Disney Magic and Disney trips are in everyone’s New Year:yay:
I hope so, too! ;)

Our breakfast was up next at Crystal Palace!
Oooh, I haven't done breakfast here in decades. But I do remember really loving it :goodvibes

I asked the driver if we could get on this one, showed my paperwork, and she said no problem.
Nice! What great luck. The convenience of an extra hour of park time, without the expense of the Lyft :thumbsup2

It is always sad to leave:sad1:
I know! I don't even like reading about last days on TRs because I'm so sad and it's not even my trip :laughing:

I will also do a brief update on my January trip which is coming up soon.
Yay! That's the best way to combat post-Disney blues (or the end of a TR)... another trip in the works :thumbsup2

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! I hope Disney Magic and Disney trips are in everyone’s New Year:yay:
Happy New Year Caroline! Only 182 days to go for us....:)

Our first attraction was to meet Mickey in Town Square. We like to say hello and goodbye to Mickey on our last day. This was a nice meet even if Mickey doesn’t talk anymore. During our visit, we told Mickey how much fun we have had and we hope to see him real soon!
Great tradition!

I needed the restroom after this from all my water :eek: We were by Cheshire Cat and Merida had no one waiting for her. Andi went to meet her while I was in the restroom. She had a nice meet.
Love these pictures! Merida is tall!

Our breakfast was up next at Crystal Palace!
Yum! Haven't eaten there since 2009 but I remember loving it!

It is always sad to leave:sad1:
It's the worst! But luckily you are going back so soon! :goodvibes

Oh I so do too, but we are trying Shades of Green for the first time for our next trip so sadly no airport check in for us.
I love this perk, such a time saver

What a great tradition!
Yes, we have to thank the head Mouse for a wonderful time

I think you look fine, but had to laugh as we have all been there at some point.
I look awful this day, tired, old, and like Baby Jane, lol!
We did this on our last trip too and it was well worth it. Leaving 3 hours early is just ridiculous.
I agree, we find it it is usually 2 hours more than we need in the airport!

Yum!!! I could totally devour some of these right about now. Love that you went out on such a good meal.
For a character buffet this breakfast has been a winner for us 3x now, the dinner I was not a fan of

Wow, I had no idea you could do this. I'll have to try it next time we are at a Disney resort.
We just tried and it worked, I think most ME buses have extra seats on them

That is expensive for you. That's like a full days worth of food for you 2.
I know, right! Andi was tired and she ate about $3.00 worth of food so that didn’t help with the cost either, we did get an AP discount!

Thank you! And same to you!
You are so welcome, have a wonderful 2019 and maybe we will meet this year, you never know!

I hope so, too!
Disney trips make me so happy so definitely part of 2019!

Oooh, I haven't done breakfast here in decades. But I do remember really loving it
We have done it 3x now and I love it, Andi could take it or leave it, she certainly doesn’t eat enough to make it worth it for us, I really like the food choices and everything is made well, and who doesn’t want to say hi to Piglet and friends!

Nice! What great luck. The convenience of an extra hour of park time, without the expense of the Lyft :thumbsup2
Yes, this worked great, 2nd time we have done this without problems!

I know! I don't even like reading about last days on TRs because I'm so sad and it's not even my trip :laughing:
I’m with you, I feel bad and it happened quite some time ago, lol!

Yay! That's the best way to combat post-Disney blues (or the end of a TR)... another trip in the works :thumbsup2
For sure, Our Trip is coming up soon, 23 days away!

Happy New Year Caroline! Only 182 days to go for us....:)
Thank you Susan and same to you! Those days will go by fast, this is both good and bad, time sure flies the older I get!

Great tradition!
We love to meet Mickey and tell him about our wonderful trip.

Love these pictures! Merida is tall!
She is tall, there was no one at her meet! Andi is a peanut so I’m sure that makes her even taller!

Yum! Haven't eaten there since 2009 but I remember loving it!
This is my favorite character breakfast, it has edged out TH, only because our last couple times at TH fell a little flat, we may try TH again in August!

It's the worst! But luckily you are going back so soon!
I know, the last day is always sad, that’s why we keep going back, lol!

What a great TR Caroline!!! I love the last few pics of you and Andi. I can't wait to hear all about January's trip!!! You lucky goose you!!!:D

Hello Everyone!

I hope your New Years Day is going well and everyone is chilling and hanging with loved ones!

Some of you saw this on Facebook, however, I thought I would post it here as well. We have had pretty mild weather so far this winter, and actually had a brown Christmas, for the first time in ages, except look what happened a couple days after Christmas!
IMG_Jan12019at22943PM.jpg
We got pounded with 15” of snow and we got another 6” this Monday! It is pretty and we are use to this, however it still stinks! It is suppose to be warm, for us, later this week. I am looking forward to that! Andi is still home and I am enjoying her company. We plan to go and see Mary Poppins later this week. I have heard good reviews!

Wrap up time for the August trip report!
Let’s start with the positives.
*We loved the GF, our room was beautiful, the grounds are lovely, walkable to the Poly, along the water, and lovely CM’s
*Monorail transportation was great, worked well for us and we enjoyed it
*The new bus app on MDE was so nice, we used this often and times were always correct
* Food was really good this trip and we did really well with our budget, so good I had over $400.00 left for the next trip.
* Crowds were manageable, however more than when we go in late August
* DAH was so fun and worth every penny, I just wish we had been less tired
* PhotoPass Day was also a fun new experience
* Our laid back touring style this trip was really fun.

The negatives
* It was so hot this trip and really no breaks in the heat, very humid this August, not unusual, just more noticeable for us and we love the heat!
* The loud room at WL and the inability to get a different room so we could have experienced this awesome resort.
* The very crowded and hot Halloween party was a bit of a bummer, I still love this party!
* Several encounters with rude, pushy, and very loud guests!
* The mob scene getting into TSL and the SDD being delayed both times I got up super early!

New things for us
* Attractions: TSL and riding all 3 rides in there, watching the American Adventure, and watching the Guardians of the Galaxy show (most of it)
* New meets: Bolt, Elvis Stitch, Lotso, Dino Chip and Dale and Dino Daisy
* New Magic shots: Mickey and Minnie on the bench with us, Baby Groot, Donald’s nephews, Olaf, and snow
* New Restaurants: Chick-fil-A, Homecomin, Chicken Guy, Trails End Brunch, Katsura Grill, Tangerine Cafe, Kona (dinner), Restaurantosaurus. All of these were good!
* New snacks: Raspberry pop-tart at Woody’s lunch box, Kaki Gori, and Mrs. Incredibles pretzel mask

I think that wraps up the trip. Andi and I really enjoy August and our planning to go again this year. The dates I have planned at this time are 8/17-8/26/19. I think we may try the Contemporary Resort for the ease of walking. I will try to get a “magical deal”, I hope I get one, sure miss my TA:sad1:

January trip! This trip is only 22 days away according to my count down calendar, yay!

I have all my spending money in gift cards and I have bought the DAH tickets.

I am not sure about weather, I will bring layering pieces in case it is cold at times. I have only bought 1 new shirt, a spirit jersey. It was on sale and I liked the colors. I bought 2 new ears. One because I love purple and the other for AKL and AK. That is it for new items. I do have many Disney themed clothes so I should be fine.
IMG_Jan12019at22849PM.jpg
IMG_Jan12019at22722PM.jpg
We leave our town at 6:20am and have a stop in Chicago. We should be at AKL by 2pm if all goes well! I have requested a partial savanna view so wish me luck! My category is standard.

I will update in here closer to the trip if anything exciting happens, lol! I did get our magic bands and DME luggage tags, yay! I got a new purple band and my sister wanted pink. Andi didn’t want one!

Thanks again Everyone for reading and commenting on my TR!

See you real soon........:mickeyjum

Enjoyed the report. I don’t comment often but I will be there the same time you are and I even think we are doing DAH the same day!

You look nothing like Baby Jane!!! :eek: I didn’t notice and had to go back and look......you always look lovely!

I love your last day, you manage to fit in a lot and yes it’s always sad to leave...... goodness Merida is tall!!! I always imagined her quite short for some reason! And the food does look lovely......

This has been a fabulous read, I’ve loved seeing all your pictures and reading about your time with Andi on your trip, always a joy to see.

And this Darksider loves your purple Mickey ears!!! Anything purple for me too......lol.......

Beautiful snow picture.......we’ve had the mildest festive season for years over here......I’m sure we’ll pay for it soon, but we never, ever get it anywhere near as bad as where you are from!! We come to a standstill for a few inches!!

Thank you for the lovely report and look forward to your next one.........::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter