“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by disneyAndi14, Aug 26, 2018.

1. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Happy New Year Jackie!
    Thanks for finding my report and joining in, it will be awesome to meet you in May!
    I will give you a wave from our layover in Chicago!

missjackiemcg likes this.
  2. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Yes! I am getting excited to have a break from snow, it actually was warm for our area yesterday, we hit 40, yay!

I do! I bought our DAH tickets and still have some left over!

I love this time and normally with a certain deal it is cost savings, this year the prices are much higher even with the deal so I am a little bummed out!

Thank you, Andi is the queen of different ears but I needed a couple pairs of my own! I love purple and AK is my favorite park!

Tracy161 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. dnllmz

dnllmz DIS Veteran

I’m really disappointed in the pricing too. I’ve been hearing how great the Labor Day deals are & I finally got DH on board to go this time I’d year. Mainly because of the deals and then this happens. I still haven’t gotten the official rates from my TA yet. She will give them to me on Monday but from what I’m seeing it’s nowhere near what I’m expecting.

I did look into renting points yesterday but I just don’t have all the money for the upfront costs. I just wasn’t expecting the deals to not work out & didn’t budget for it.

I think we’re going to do 5 nights at a moderate with upgraded free dining & the tickets. Then do the other 4 or 5 nights on the “deal” pricing as room only on an Epcot resort. Then do all expensive sit down & character meals on the free dining. Ugh we need to sitdown & go over our meals & then when we get pricing on Monday decide what we should do.

I oringinally wanted to do WL or a monorail resort then switch to an Epcot resort half way through. But I don’t think we can swing that with the new pricing. I’ll let you know what we end up doing. :sad:

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  5. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Yes keep me updated, I still haven’t decided either, the Epcot resorts are more reasonable with the deal. I think WL is in the deal again this year. I think I might bite the bullet and do GF with the deal so I can pay over time, it is way more but less than Disney’s current promotion.

dnllmz likes this.
  6. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

Nice! It's always great to have "free" money ;) ::yes::

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  7. jhoannam

jhoannam DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed your TR! So many good little tips. Specially for a laid back touring style.

I had no idea you could do the airline checkin and still take Lyft/Uber to the airport, so cool. Can't wait for your next trip report.

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  8. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Happy New Year Caroline! Awesome to know you have another trip right around the corner. And never fear if your room at AKL isn't any good, they can just move you over to the Grand Floridian again :-) Seriously though we stayed at AKL in a standard view a few years back and got a savannah view over the "people pens" that worked out great.

Its a ways off, but we'll likely overlap in August for a few days. Our APs run out on August 19th so we are going to try and get a week in before that.

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  9. Gina Starr

Gina Starr Mouseketeer

It is! The dates never worked out in the past. We did the early morning magic hours (I think that’s what it’s called) a few years ago but we are excited to get to explore more than just fantasyland with DAH!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  10. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Thank you, nice to hear!
    You can definitely use airline check in and use a different mode of transportation to airport!
    We will be at WDW in about 2 weeks, yay!

11. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Thanks Kari! We are really looking forward to AKL, I’m fine with a tiny little view of the savanna!
    Yay, for August trips! I am looking at resorts for the best deal, prices are way higher than last year, boo!

kastoney likes this.
  12. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

You will love it! It is so fun to experience the park with low crowds, especially since it doesn’t happen much anymore!

I found the snack areas around the hub never had lines so keep that in mind!

13. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Your eyebrows were fine!! (I always worry about mine too :rotfl: )

This is absolutely my favorite perk of staying with Disney!!

Ooh, that's lucky!! She's on my meet and greet bucket list and I always skip her b/c of her line

We've cut it close twice on our regularly scheduled one...after this trip, we decided we're making the trip to get Pre-Check b/c we're over regular security lines!!

I will live vicariously through you!! If we got that much snow here, kids would be out of school for at least two weeks :scared1: We're considered a southern state, so we don't have removal equipment to handle any significant snow. It's been four years or so since we've had snow that affected things, and a photo went viral of the state line from here and Missouri - the MO side was totally clear, and ours was still a mess.

What building do you think is most convenient? We want to stay here, but we're afraid of getting put in a building far away. On the villas side, it actually looks like some rooms might be closer to the Polynesian, but I never pay too much attention to the outer buildings on the other side. All of us want to stay here in the next trip or two (we can't decide between GF and Yacht Club).

I love this spirit jersey!!

I had so much fun reading along, thank you!!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  14. cajunfan

cajunfan Welcome to the DIS where wishes come true.

I have so enjoyed your report. I can't wait to read the January one!

And those purple ears!!!! I :love: Purple too! May I ask where those came from?

Thanks again for sharing!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  15. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

I notice that all the time! Sometimes it is so hard not to say anything!! :laughing:

Stressful!!! So glad that the package with the cards was found!

Adorable!

Thanks for the great TR!!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  16. MinnieWebster

MinnieWebster Mouseketeer

I've been MIA for the past month or two, so super behind. Trying to catch up.

Hey, that's me!! :goodvibes :wave:

We enjoyed meeting you as well!!

Great pic!

Oh man! Good thing you happened to check that email!

Yay!!

We thought the Photopass options were better for these two parks, but we already had our plans set up to go to HS and MK that day. But we did pretty well getting what was offered there

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  17. MinnieWebster

MinnieWebster Mouseketeer

WHAT?!?! I didn't know about this one!!! Dang! That would have been awesome!

Ew...

Happy New Year!!! We were originally thinking going over Thanksgiving this fall, but with the uncertainty of when Galaxy's Edge will be opening, we are debating going over Labor Day instead. My parents will be joining us, this will be their second trip.

Again, ew.... I like snow, as long as I don't have to go anywhere. But I don't like the cold. :cold:

Wow! That's great!!

LOVE these!!! :love:

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  18. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

Better quote these posts before the Dis goes down for the night.

YIKES, thank goodness DH found them.

:lmao:Chunkism:lmao:I don't usually read all of the chatter between post but so happy I saw this it was so funny.

::yes::

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  19. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

This is a good tip!!

Love this picture of you and Andi and Mickey!

:rotfl: This made me laugh! I feel like we're always our own worst eyebrow critics. I felt like my wedding makeup brows were too heavy, but everyone else said they looked fine. I think you looked perfectly nice.

Ooh, you're making me want to go back here! Maybe on our next trip.

Glad that worked out for you! I'm sure you really didn't need the extra time at all since you had pre-check and did the airline check-in.

Leaving day is always the saddest, by far!

Wow, that's awesome!!

I feel you there! I remember what this was like.

That's so frustrating!

I love this one!! It reminds me of Sulley.

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  20. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

Man was I behind! The rain really put a "damper" on your last night :P but at least you had some park time the next day! As much as many people put in their ponchos and plow through rain, I just don't enjoy doing that too much.
    CP breakfast is a meal we've never done, but I hear so much praise for that breakfast lasagna!

Love the purple ears :) I'm bummed we don't overlap this month but excited we'll meet in May. Definitely pack layers lol, our last Jan trip was cold. Not Minnesota cold but cold by Florida standards for sure.

Enjoyed your report as always!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  21. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! We are 2 weeks away now from our trip!
    I got the ears from an Etsy shop called Made by Magic Designs, she has some really unique and different designs!
    They actually are not hard to wear either, fairly comfortable as far as ears go!