“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
from what I can tell from their pictures, they changed the layout.
Josh from EasyWDW attended that same party with Tom from WDWNT, but he posted his review on Aug 13, before your party. I can tell it's the same party because the same guests and CMs are in the photos of both reviews. Your table setup was different for some reason. Hopefully it was just that the set-up crew made a mistake that night and the tables are now set up as they were originally. Timing is everything.

Josh from EasyWDW attended that same party with Tom from WDWNT, but he posted his review on Aug 13, before your party. I can tell it's the same party because the same guests and CMs are in the photos of both reviews. Your table setup was different for some reason. Hopefully it was just that the set-up crew made a mistake that night and the tables are now set up as they were originally. Timing is everything.

Strange. I cannot see the exact place my table was, but I marked the place where my table was on one of his pictures. There were two tables back in the area. I was at Table #10. But I know other tables were in different places from the night I went. In retrospect, I have no idea why I didn't take pictures the night I was there... Well, as with everything Disney, your mileage will vary...

tables.jpg

I showed DH the pics from Josh’s review and he asked why we weren’t doing that party as we were doing 3 others (son has special needs so always trying too get him a view) and this one had broccoli haha really?

Was happy to finally get in on the 10th of Dec. I had almost given up. 4 parties in 4 Days woohoo!!

For anyone who is considering or has booked the party, WDWNT posted a review of the FEA dessert party yesterday. Once again, it's of the indoor version. If they liked the indoor party, they would have loved the outdoor party.

There was a post recently on this thread which said that the indoor version of the party was too crowded and that they could not get out from their seat without asking people to move. Also, that the table layout was poor and made for a bad experience. For anyone concerned after reading that review, there are photos showing the entire venue.

Thank you for the updates & info about the FEA party. This party looks amazing!!!! We have it booked for 12/24 & it will be our family's first dessert party at WDW ever!! Can't wait to see DD and DS's faces!! If your there in December, would love to say "hi".

Thank you for the updates & info about the FEA party.
You're welcome
This party looks amazing!!!!
If you like that version, the outdoor party IMO is better. The Disney Food Blog has a review and it is of the outdoor version. You may want to check out the photos because I'm pretty sure that your party will be along the water.
If your there in December, would love to say "hi".
It's always great to meet party goers, but it'll be New Year's Eve so I won't be there.

I just read the new review. My daughter and I definitely disagree with putting the breads/broccoli/cheese fondue on the "don't bother" list. We thought that was nearly the best of the offerings. In fact, I could live with just that and the two puddings with ice cream. The nitro caramel corn was a lot of fun, too. I liked the lemon curd, and we really enjoyed the fruit. We didn't bother with the cupcakes because meh. The eclarions were ok, but they weren't the best macarons we've had.

That set-up looked the same as the one that we had, and I do remember a table back in the corner, but I didn't notice if the people had trouble getting in and out of it. We were at the second table from the bar and had no issues where we were other than the music being a bit too loud for the ones at the back of the table.

I just read the new review. My daughter and I definitely disagree with putting the breads/broccoli/cheese fondue on the "don't bother" list. We thought that was nearly the best of the offerings. In fact, I could live with just that and the two puddings with ice cream. The nitro caramel corn was a lot of fun, too. I liked the lemon curd, and we really enjoyed the fruit. We didn't bother with the cupcakes because meh. The eclarions were ok, but they weren't the best macarons we've had.

That set-up looked the same as the one that we had, and I do remember a table back in the corner, but I didn't notice if the people had trouble getting in and out of it. We were at the second table from the bar and had no issues where we were other than the music being a bit too loud for the ones at the back of the table.

My group loved the broccoli, bread, and cheese fondue as well, though the flat bread tasted like grilled meat- yuck! We also enjoyed the puddings, lemon curd, fruit, and Caramel corn. The key lime thing tasted really off though.

Please stop talking about all the the great food at the dessert parties. I don't know how many WDW dessert parties I've been at, but it's in the hundreds. Hard to believe, but I've never, ever tasted any of the desserts at any of them. The only way I will is to actually buy a ticket. And no, there is no discount.

The review at Disney Food Blog shows pictures of people sitting down at tables. I thought this was stand up only? Did it recently change? Being able to have a seat makes me want to consider doing this more.

The review at Disney Food Blog shows pictures of people sitting down at tables. I thought this was stand up only? Did it recently change? Being able to have a seat makes me want to consider doing this more.
The illumination Desert party (Old one) was cheaper, deserts inspired by cultures across the globe, was bookable nightly, and did not include seating.

Frozen ever after desert party (New one, replaced the old desert party in july of this year) is a bit more expensive, only happens on select nights, includes sitting views for Illuminations, frozen inspired deserts, and a ride on Frozen ever after, after the show.

Has anyone checked today to see if the January dates are bookable? I've been trying, but I keep getting Stitch's "ate the page" notice for dining, frozen ever after dessert party, and for my itinerary.

Has anyone checked today to see if the January dates are bookable? I've been trying, but I keep getting Stitch's "ate the page" notice for dining, frozen ever after dessert party, and for my itinerary.

So far, either nothing is bookable, or someone came in at 6:00 this morning and took them all...

I'll go with they're not being bookable, yet. Everytime I try, with every January date, I get the same error message:

No tables available around 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM on Friday, January <date>, 2018.Select a different date or time, or change your party size, and search again.

So far, either nothing is bookable, or someone came in at 6:00 this morning and took them all...

I'll go with they're not being bookable, yet. Everytime I try, with every January date, I get the same error message:

No tables available around 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM on Friday, January <date>, 2018.Select a different date or time, or change your party size, and search again.

Thank you for this info. I guess Stitch is angry with me since I cannot access the page but you can.

It is popular, but I find it hard to believe that it's sold out that far in advance.

I called WDW dining. January dates are not showing up on their event calendar at all. They did confirm that there is work being done on the systems today. I hope this means the party dates are being loaded and will hopefully be open for reservations soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter