«« When Will Park Hours For _____ Be Posted?

Going March 6-9th next year and I'm super bummed that MK closes at 8pm. Weird because this year on those days it closed at 11pm. Hope it changes.

Last edited:
Just curious - how soon should I expect finalized December 2017 park hours and MVMCP dates to be posted? I'm not expecting they'll be out anytime soon, but do you think they would be out there by June 2017? I would hate to make my ADRs in June and not have the correct hours to refer to.

Assuming 2017 continues as 2016 has been, you will unfortunately be making your ADR's without correct hours to refer to. EMH days ought to be pretty much set by then (could change at any time, obviously, but EMH days change much less frequently than general park hours).

Assuming 2017 continues as 2016 has been, you will unfortunately be making your ADR's without correct hours to refer to. EMH days ought to be pretty much set by then (could change at any time, obviously, but EMH days change much less frequently than general park hours).

Not true. The TA calendar gets posted 6 1/2 months in advance and MVMCP dates will definitely be posted before June - they usually go on sale in May and I think this year the dates were released in March.

Not true. The TA calendar gets posted 6 1/2 months in advance and MVMCP dates will definitely be posted before June - they usually go on sale in May and I think this year the dates were released in March.

I was referring specifically to the park hours part, I missed the question about MVMCP which will, as you said, be set by the time the OP makes ADR's. Park hours and special offerings have been finalized very late in the game the past few months. I mean, they JUST set the schedule for SW fireworks for the month of October a few days ago. Ugh...

Going March 6-9th next year and I'm super bummed that MK closes at 8pm. Weird because last year on those days it closed at 11pm. Hope it changes.

We are going during that time too, and are hopeful it will change. From what I've read on the boards here, it's likely that hours will be increased at MK and I would think AK too if RoL is running. We should know by mid to late January, I would think.

Any chance November hours are still changing. They are still not showing any night hours for Animal Kingdom even though there should be shows and a night safari?? Sorry if this has been covered, I skimmed some but didn't read through every post. Thank you!

Does anyone know why the travel agent calendar for september hasn't been updated in over a month? The Disney parks website updated park hours a while ago (longer hours + star wars fireworks and other stuff not listed on the TA calender yet). I love the travel agent calendar because it's so clear.

I noticed today that the Dibb's park hours calendar is showing updated hours for Wed., Oct. 26th for Magic Kingdom as 9am-11pm with EMH from 11pm-1am. Has anyone else hear this? Is this correct? And if so does that mean they are expecting super heavy crowds?
(edited- just saw that this is the updated time on Disney's calendar as well)

Last edited:
I'm excited! The park hours for Magic Kingdom on 10/22 were originally posted as 9am-10pm... they just changed to 8am-12am! This is my only day at WDW, so 3 extra hours is amazing!

Boom - we are going during one of the busiest weeks of the year (Apr 9th - 14th), right before Easter at peak spring break (including our school district). EMH on 4 out of 5 weekdays seems like a lot. Safe assumption that Disney is hedging their bets and plans to open up at 8am for the public on most days that week? If they do, would they likely move EMH to 7 am on 1-2 days that week? I realize it's all speculation at this point, just looking for educated input from folks that pay attention to this stuff year in and year out.

Do they modify the hours for wishes? Week after thanksgiving is scheduled for 10 and without MSEP it seems pretty late. Scheduled to close at 10 that night. Nov. 28 Monday

I just checked March 2017 for evening EMH and the only parks are MK and Epcot. Any ideas why HS doesn't have evening EMS?

I'm excited! The park hours for Magic Kingdom on 10/22 were originally posted as 9am-10pm... they just changed to 8am-12am! This is my only day at WDW, so 3 extra hours is amazing!

I'm going 10/29-11/5 and all of ours changed too! Magic Kingdom is open till Midnight on our arrival day! Also Animal Kingdom is now open till 8:30 every night, was afraid we wouldn't see any late night stuff.

I just checked March 2017 for evening EMH and the only parks are MK and Epcot. Any ideas why HS doesn't have evening EMS?

I was wondering this as well. There's none listed for April either. Is it a construction thing, maybe?

I was wondering this as well. There's none listed for April either. Is it a construction thing, maybe?

This sort of thing has happened several times recently, where the newest month posted has no emh scheduled for one or more parks. EMH are usually added with subsequent updates.

In general, I Disney uses EMH as a way to manage crowd control and reward Resort guests on days that are extremely busy. I've seen many reports lately that with HS closing so many attractions attendance is just way down at that park. It probably doesn't pencil out for Disney to add extra labor and operating costs for EMH when they don't expect there will be enough attendance to justify them.

With the draw of FEA at Epcot and AK @ night, people just aren't making HS a "must-see" park. If you haven't noticed, a lot of Disney's advertising lately is centered on Star Wars, Toy Story and trying to boost attendance at HS.

Things can always change, but that's my guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter