«« When Will Park Hours For _____ Be Posted?

Now that this has been posted (yay!), I have a couple of questions. 1) Are the extra magic hours subject to change (in terms of which park has them each day), or should they remain as listed? 2) Are the park closing times for Hollywood Studios likely to remain at 7:00pm and 8:00pm? Thanks in advance for any input!

I don't know. I'm a recent follower of this thread, since we're making our second trip to WDW (and first since MyMagic+) in March. I know the hours are subject to change. But like you I have many questions that I'm hoping the more experienced folks can help me out with:

1. Are MK hours likely to change? Our week is 3/4-3/11, and 9 to 8 seems fairly short.
2. The schedule currently shows no Festival of Fantasy parade; do you think this will change?
3. File this under "general touring strategy" question: is it consensus that you are better off avoiding the park with morning EMH and rope dropping a different park instead?
4. Also, what's the opinion on hopping? Are we better off: sticking to one park all day; rope dropping a park and doing FP at another park later; or rope dropping and doing FP at a park and then hopping to another?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Now that this has been posted (yay!), I have a couple of questions. 1) Are the extra magic hours subject to change (in terms of which park has them each day), or should they remain as listed? 2) Are the park closing times for Hollywood Studios likely to remain at 7:00pm and 8:00pm? Thanks in advance for any input!

1. Everything is subject to change.
2. Having said that, emh are much less likely to change than park hours. It happens, but not often.
3. Park hours are often extended, I've never seen them be contracted (though I imagine it has happened at some point).
4. Pick your park days first so you can make your ADR's at the 180-day mark. Work on your actual touring plan when you get a lot closer because park hours will be more settled at that point (though certainly not set in stone, even up to the actual day!).

1. Everything is subject to change.
2. Having said that, emh are much less likely to change than park hours. It happens, but not often.
3. Park hours are often extended, I've never seen them be contracted (though I imagine it has happened at some point).
4. Pick your park days first so you can make your ADR's at the 180-day mark. Work on your actual touring plan when you get a lot closer because park hours will be more settled at that point (though certainly not set in stone, even up to the actual day!).

Thanks for the info!

We're actually kind of going the other way - figuring out what restaurants we want to eat at, and when, and then setting our park days around that. Now that we have a general idea of what we're working with in terms of operating hours, we can finalize our dining plans.

Metalliman98 - if it helps you or anyone else out, I just found these actual park hours from this past March: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/march16.cfm. Definitely helps to give me an idea of what to expect.

Iowamomof4 - much thanks from a fellow Iowan!

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been discussed, there are a of of pages to go through.....we are going to WDW in January and so far the hours for the Animal Kingdom have the park closing at 5PM. Now what about all the new evening activities that are going on, and does anyone have any idea when the new water show is going to start? Animal Kingdom day has always been a good day to schedule a nice dinner, with the park closing so early, but if there's a chance it's going to be open later I don't want to miss the new stuff. Makes it hard to plan. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Denise

I'm not sure if this is in the correct thread, but...if the MK closes at 8p, what time do the rides typically stop? Right at 8p or is that just the time they stop admittance to the park? I noticed in March 2017, Fantasmic is scheduled at 7:30p, but HS is scheduled to close at 7:00p that evening. Just curious if we could skip Fantasmic and ride some attractions while Fantasmic is going on. Thanks in advance :)

I'm not sure if this is in the correct thread, but...if the MK closes at 8p, what time do the rides typically stop? Right at 8p or is that just the time they stop admittance to the park? I noticed in March 2017, Fantasmic is scheduled at 7:30p, but HS is scheduled to close at 7:00p that evening. Just curious if we could skip Fantasmic and ride some attractions while Fantasmic is going on. Thanks in advance :)

From my experience, the ride lines close right at the official park closing time. So if the park closes at 8 and you hop into line at 7:59, they still let you wait in line and ride the ride (even if it's a very long wait). But if you try to hop into line at 8:01 you're out of luck.

Metalliman98 - if it helps you or anyone else out, I just found these actual park hours from this past March: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/march16.cfm. Definitely helps to give me an idea of what to expect.

Iowamomof4 - much thanks from a fellow Iowan!

It's interesting how March 2016 hours differ from March 2017 hours. The parks were open much later in 2016. Do you think the 2017 hours will change once we get closer to that time?

From my experience, the ride lines close right at the official park closing time. So if the park closes at 8 and you hop into line at 7:59, they still let you wait in line and ride the ride (even if it's a very long wait). But if you try to hop into line at 8:01 you're out of luck.

Thank you!!

I'm working on planning a trip for May 2017. I have my package booked. This is the first time that I've planned more than 6 months in advance, and am thrilled to be able to book my ADRs 180+5 (the length of my trip) out.

However, I see that park hours are released after my ADR date. That seems kind of backwards to me. Seems like Disney wants us to plan, plan, plan but then doesn't really give us the resources to do so.

Anyway, I'm thinking of just trying to figure it out based on the previous month's calendar - do EMH days generally stay the same from month to month or am I really just going to be taking a shot in the dark as to which parks I will be visiting which days? 2 of the ADRs I want are in parks and the 3rd is Boma, which I want to do on our AK day due to proximity.

Oh, ok. The first post in this thread says that May hours typically come out in November. Thanks for the info.

The first post of this thread is from 7 1/2 years ago and I believe refers to when the Disney World website posts hours. I'm referring to the travel agents calendar that is linked in post #1462 (that link is for the March calendar, but just change the month to the one you want).

Totally missed that they changed the opening time on Saturday September 17 for MK ..So much for my 8:50 breakfast ressie

Just curious - how soon should I expect finalized December 2017 park hours and MVMCP dates to be posted? I'm not expecting they'll be out anytime soon, but do you think they would be out there by June 2017? I would hate to make my ADRs in June and not have the correct hours to refer to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter